Explosions rock Boston Marathon; several injured

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My final comment. You have no idea how you would truly feel until you are in the area where someone detonated a bomb, and then having to deal with the fallout that is inevitable. It's easy to stand up on your pedestal as the justice fighter you are, but if you were actually on the ground and saw all of the body parts that got blown off of people, you just might give up a few of those ideologies. I know you all will come back with , HELL NO NOT MY HOUSE.. COPS! But, I think you just might feel different if the true freedoms were taken from you in the form of your sense of safety being taken because some fucking moron deciding it would be okay to blow up a car two doors down from you. You just might feel at that point that it's okay for the cops to do whatever is necessary to make sure you are safe.

I'm out.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If you had a terrorist in your basement, you figure a question at the door would gain them knowledge of it?
Assuredly not.

But here's a thought. How about if someone says "No you can't come into my house" the cops can place a watch on the house? Cops are allowed to surveil a house from a public street.

Think with a bare minimum of effort they'd be able to ascertain if there is a guy camped out in there.

But, infighting against the cops that are trying to harness the fucksticks that started the slapfight because you got your feelings hurt is stupid.
You're problem here is that you VIEW this as "infighting against the cops." You view this as something that law enforcement is entitled to do.

No one is telling them to not catch criminals. But we have these protections for a reason and conversely there is no good reason that should override our rights that they should be able to go barging in.

That's not infighting, it's the law, and cops should be respecting the law. Sadly, not all of them do. Nor do a lot of politicians, which is how we ended up with this argument.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What is the point in saying all that? You can't take it away. Take away what made Bush suck and he wouldn't suck.
I dunno, no real point I guess. I guess if there is a point, it's that most things that Bush did were just as bad or worse than most things that Obama does.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Just today, Michael "Nanny" Bloomberg stated that the "interpretation of the Constitution will have to change" to allow for greater security to stave off future attacks.

This is pure B.S. and an attempt by certain politicians to take more power, negate the Constitution and erode our rights. Bloomberg can stick a 32 oz Pepsi up his arse.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
My final comment. You have no idea how you would truly feel until you are in the area where someone detonated a bomb, and then having to deal with the fallout that is inevitable. It's easy to stand up on your pedestal as the justice fighter you are, but if you were actually on the ground and saw all of the body parts that got blown off of people, you just might give up a few of those ideologies. I know you all will come back with , HELL NO NOT MY HOUSE.. COPS! But, I think you just might feel different if the true freedoms were taken from you in the form of your sense of safety being taken because some fucking moron deciding it would be okay to blow up a car two doors down from you. You just might feel at that point that it's okay for the cops to do whatever is necessary to make sure you are safe.

I'm out.
Well thank God there are people who will stand up and maintain that our rights need to be protected while everyone around them is panicking, then. Because if we carved out exceptions to our rights every time there was a public safety concern we'd have none left.

PS.... safety is not a "true freedom" or a freedom at all, so stop saying it is. The colonists who founded this country threw away all safety by bringing murdering soldiers down on their families and neighbors knowing it would cause death and danger, all so we could have those freedoms.

It is an insult to what this country was founded for, to have someone to equate safety with freedom.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You either have fourth amendment rights or you don't. If they can be suspended then you don't have them.

Carl

RIP Brother
So why is this terrorism and why is Sandy Hook not? If these two idiots had stood at the finish line picking people off with a gun, what would the outcry be?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
So why is this terrorism and why is Sandy Hook not? If these two idiots had stood at the finish line picking people off with a gun, what would the outcry be?
It's nitpicky but I think terrorism has to be ideological.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

I'm out.
There are a lot more cops in the world than there are terrorists, so I know which one I'm most likely to meet. I'm perfectly fine defending my own home against the terrorists so I don't need cops pointing guns at my family to make me feel safe.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Iamtdg is on an island here. Almost no one wants to allow police to barge into homes unchecked regardless of the circumstances.

Iamtdg would clearly be happy living in a police state.

Carp

DCC 4Life
How should the checks have been conducted?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Iamtdg is on an island here. Almost no one wants to allow police to barge into homes unchecked regardless of the circumstances.

Iamtdg would clearly be happy living in a police state.

Iamtdg and the family.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Are there a bunch of articles out there with residents complaining about the seaches? We have the YouTube video, just would like to see some other stuff. Can't find much.

Cotton

Staff member
I absolutely would not be happy in a police state. That is not what this is, and comparing it to one is a reach to say the least.

If you've ever made fun of someone for believing in a conspiracy and you're trying to make the argument that the govt is using this event as a tool to move towards a police state, you have no business making fun of the conspirator, because you are one, too.

Cotton

Staff member
How should the checks have been conducted?
They should have asked nicely "Is there a terrorist in your house holding a gun to your kids head"? No? Okay, cool, we will move on.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just would like for folks like Bipo, Clay, Schmitty, and EZ to say how they should have cleared the neighborhood. They clearly think it was done incorrect and violated rights, so I just would like to hear how they should have been done.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Oh, I don't know. Maybe by only going into house they had warrants to enter. You know, like the law allows.

Also pulling old ladies out of their home at gun point is bush league. I haven't seen the video but a friend tells me there is one of them doing just that.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Seems reasonable. I'm sure producing all those search warrants would not take any time at all.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Seems reasonable. I'm sure producing all those search warrants would not take any time at all.
In order to even get a warrant you have to have probable cause.

And "there might be a bad guy in the area" is not probable cause to search everyone's house.

I'm sorry that we laws :lol

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
If they were knocking on doors, asking permission to search and then only doing it if permission was granted, then I don't have a problem with it. But that's not what was happening from what I've read.

If someone says no, tough shit... Get a warrant. I'm sure there is probable cause to enter that old ladies house.

Top Bottom