Cowboys could be a wild-card for Jared Allen...Signs With Bears

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wow. Super Bowl or bust.
Although they probably gave up a lot for Allen, they are going about as "all in" as you can with Jay Cutler as your QB.

Adding Lamaar Houston, Willie Young and Allen to their line which is as bad as ours was a strong aggressive move.

data

Forbes #1
I wonder if Chicago was the only team to break the bank for Allen.

data

Forbes #1
So how does this breaks down? Average of $8m salary per year (although it's probably backloaded like this year could be $7m and the remaining years be $7m, $10m and $8m) with the $15.5m signing bonus being divided over 4 years to ~$4m/year hit?

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So how does this breaks down? Average of $8m salary per year (although it's probably backloaded like this year could be $5m and the remaining years be $5m, $11m and $11m) with the $15.5m signing bonus being divided over 4 years to ~$4m/year hit?
I'm guessing it would be something like that. Kind of allows the team to cut him after two years except for the 8 mil in dead space they would encounter at that time.

data

Forbes #1
I redid the math - maybe the annual salary is more like $7m, $7m, $10m, $8m.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Should have signed with Seattle.

Jay Cutler is t going to take you anywhere.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Everyone wants to win, but this is his last contract, so I don’t blame him for taking a pay day.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Good for him. Now we can move on.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Can't really blame him for taking the money.

Chances are he is going to need it if he turns into a psychopath or a drooling retard in a few years from head trauma.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
the bears have plugged a lot of money onto the defensive line now. I think signing Jared Allen gives the Cowboys a much better chance of getting Aaron Donald

hstour

Brand New Member
the bears have plugged a lot of money onto the defensive line now. I think signing Jared Allen gives the Cowboys a much better chance of getting Aaron Donald
If he gets past the Giants....

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feh. Getting Donald would basically finish off their rebuild of their defensive line. Put him next to Allen, along with Houston on the other side? Great line.

A lot of people think they take CB or S now. I don't think Donald is out of the mix.

If there is one thing their GM Phil Emery did when he took over, he recognized two areas that he had to fix...OL and DL. He went about fixing the OL last year. This year he can polish off the DL with a final touch with Donald.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Feh. Getting Donald would basically finish off their rebuild of their defensive line. Put him next to Allen, along with Houston on the other side? Great line.

A lot of people think they take CB or S now. I don't think Donald is out of the mix.

If there is one thing their GM Phil Emery did when he took over, he recognized two areas that he had to fix...OL and DL. He went about fixing the OL last year. This year he can polish off the DL with a final touch with Donald.
definitely not out of the mix. Allen is just a stutter step for a season or two, thats well known.

If Donald/Jernigan/Barr are all gone by the Cowboys selection, I trade down. I'm not sold on Clinton-Dix or Pryor although I wouldnt mind it. Pick up a 3rd to trade down about 8-12 spots and I think we can still pick up Hageman. Don't see his stock rising to a top 20 pick

Top Bottom