Costa released

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And, it's hard to even call him a center. He sucked that bad.
He was not a starting center in this league. Period.

Could he have played a game or two? Sure.

He was just another player that we overvalued. If he could have played guard and not embarrassed himself, he would be on the team, but that is not the case.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He was not a starting center in this league. Period.

Could he have played a game or two? Sure.

He was just another player that we overvalued. If he could have played guard and not embarrassed himself, he would be on the team, but that is not the case.
Yep, Bern should be the backup c/g and upgrade his position

hstour

Brand New Member
Costa was center only, they had a couple options they were looking at in a emergency situation- either move Fred to guard and Costa takes center or Free moves to guard and Parnell takes RT.
Not if Fred goes down.

To be fair, yes, they did prefer to move Costa to center in an emergency. But they also moved Mackenzy Bernadeau to center. We are talking about emergency situations here, not the starting line.

Flexibility is the name of the game when guys go down.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not if Fred goes down.

To be fair, yes, they did prefer to move Costa to center in an emergency. But they also moved Mackenzy Bernadeau to center. We are talking about emergency situations here, not the starting line.

That's why I want Martin at 16 if he is there and we can't get Donald.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Not if Fred goes down.

Huh? Yes Costa was the backup center if Fred went down, he was never in play at guard though

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not if Fred goes down.

And the lack of position flexibility is why Costa is now unemployed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Call me crazy, I can't think of many backup centers getting paid a million a season.

In fact, Costa was right around the midpoint of NFL center salaries. Over veterans who had started at the position for years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Do you not know how to use the dropdown and change it to cap hit?

Here you go:

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/cap-hit/center/limit-100/
Approximately a week ago, the very same site had Costa as the midpoint in terms of compensation of the top 32 centers. Right behind Dominic Raiola.

The only other backup making near his salary was Leroy Harris, who the Lions also dumped.

What it says now is irrelevant.

Is there any other nonsense you want to post?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Well, I see we are welcoming in the new DCC poster.

:lol

hstour

Brand New Member
Approximately a week ago, the very same site had Costa as the midpoint in terms of compensation of the top 32 centers. Right behind Dominic Raiola.

The only other backup making near his salary was Leroy Harris, who the Lions also dumped.

Of course it would have been different. As soon as Costa was cut he didn't have a contract so he wouldn't show up.

You see it is real time.

I'm sorry that this concept is beyond you.

You care to post any more nonsense?

hstour

Brand New Member

Of course it would have been different. As soon as Costa was cut he didn't have a contract so he wouldn't show up.

You see it is real time. But you go ahead and try to discredit a site that has factual information. That is the standard tool of those who like to post opinion as fact.

I'm sorry that this concept is beyond you.

You care to post any more nonsense?

junk

Not So New Member
Posting it twice hammered your point home.

I think we can (and should) just all agree Costa sucks and we're glad he is gone.

Top Bottom