Goodbread: Lynch intrigued by idea of playing for Cowboys

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Frankly I think all three go top 15, and I would not be shocked at all if they all go top 10. I could easily see Goff at 2, Wentz at 4, and Lynch at 7, or from another team trading up to 8 or 9.

And heck, if someone trades up with the Chargers at 3, I could see the QBs going 2-3-4.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Frankly I think all three go top 15, and I would not be shocked at all if they all go top 10. I could easily see Goff at 2, Wentz at 4, and Lynch at 7, or from another team trading up to 8 or 9.

And heck, if someone trades up with the Chargers at 3, I could see the QBs going 2-3-4.
Impossible. This is a terrible QB class. And stuff.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Interestingly, the eagles are having (or had, can't remember if it's happened yet or not) a private workout with Lynch.

The interesting thing about that is, the eagles don't have a 2nd round pick.

So the eagles pick 8th, then don't pick again till the third round.

I don't think they'd expect Lynch to fall to the 3rd, so either they plan on at least the possibility of trading for a high 2nd and are checking him out in case he falls, or....they plan on possibly trading back and taking him in the teens somewhere, or.....they are thinking about taking him at 8....

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Interestingly, the eagles are having (or had, can't remember if it's happened yet or not) a private workout with Lynch.

The interesting thing about that is, the eagles don't have a 2nd round pick.

So the eagles pick 8th, then don't pick again till the third round.

I don't think they'd expect Lynch to fall to the 3rd, so either they plan on at least the possibility of trading for a high 2nd and are checking him out in case he falls, or....they plan on possibly trading back and taking him in the teens somewhere, or.....they are thinking about taking him at 8....
Maybe with a trade down, but do you draft that guy after paying Bradford that much so recently, at 8?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe with a trade down, but do you draft that guy after paying Bradford that much so recently, at 8?
Supposedly getting out of the Bradford contract is really easy. There was word that they could trade Bradford. Although I can't see how any NFL team would take on the stupid contract they just gave him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Supposedly getting out of the Bradford contract is really easy. There was word that they could trade Bradford. Although I can't see how any NFL team would take on the stupid contract they just gave him.
No kidding plus they are paying Daniel decent money. Who knows what the hell they are up to.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No kidding plus they are paying Daniel decent money. Who knows what the hell they are up to.
Daniel at least sort of makes sense for them. He knows the system and the head coach has had the opportunity to work up close and personal with him. But why they pay him that and then also sign Bradford up to top teir type QB money is insanity. All that money invested at QB and most people would say the Eagles still don't have a good one.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Bradford deal is a 2 year deal, and apparently they can get out after a year with minimal damage. They don't really believe he's their long-term answer.

Reports are they are very likely to draft a QB in this draft, it's just a matter of when.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The Bradford deal is a 2 year deal, and apparently they can get out after a year with minimal damage. They don't really believe he's their long-term answer.

Reports are they are very likely to draft a QB in this draft, it's just a matter of when.
Wouldnt be shocking at all if the reason they moved up to 8 was for a QB.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
He's not a bad prospect. He's a guy who fell victim to shitty coaching and a horrifyingly bad o-line after O'Brien left for the NFL. James Franklin's style of offense is a terrible fit for Hackenberg's style of play as a QB. Granted, Hack didn't do himself any favors by throwing that coaching staff under the bus during interviews, but I'd draft him 100 times out of 100 opportunities over a talentless shithead like Dak Prescott.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I just watched a 7 minute highlight reel from Hackenberg and I swear nearly every long pass he threw was underthrown. Even wide open WRs had to slow down to catch the pass. No likey!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's not a bad prospect. He's a guy who fell victim to shitty coaching and a horrifyingly bad o-line after O'Brien left for the NFL. James Franklin's style of offense is a terrible fit for Hackenberg's style of play as a QB. Granted, Hack didn't do himself any favors by throwing that coaching staff under the bus during interviews, but I'd draft him 100 times out of 100 opportunities over a talentless shithead like Dak Prescott.
Thanks for the insight. But he still sucks and I go apeshit if we draft him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like Lynch on the field as a prospect.

Just can't handle this.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I like Lynch on the field as a prospect.

Just can't handle this.
Great. That's all we need. A huge douche bag. Changed my mind. Fuck him and his entire family.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You forget that Romo used to wear his ballcap backwards.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If only he had a Man Bun or He Hive.

Top Bottom