MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Maybe the mass media will cool it with this noise about our bad offseason and how we can't win anything without Hamilton now that they've seen all four of our Cy Young Candidates.
:towel

D

Deuce

You guys mentioned Cy Young candidates, well you got to see one today.

So far in 2 starts, he has (most likely) 2 wins and an era of 0.00.

Cotton

Staff member
You guys mentioned Cy Young candidates, well you got to see one today.

So far in 2 starts, he has (most likely) 2 wins and an era of 0.00.
He also walked 6 which we couldn't take advantage of.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Maybe the mass media will cool it with this noise about our bad offseason and how we can't win anything without Hamilton now that they've seen all four of our Cy Young Candidates.
I like your optimism, however I will counter with the following argument:

ron-washington1.jpg

D

Deuce

He also walked 6 which we couldn't take advantage of.
You couldn't take advantage because he's a stud. The only trouble he was in all day was self inflicted. Plus this just shows his growth in a year. Last season with those walks, he goes 3 innings with 5 earned runs.

Cotton

Staff member
How many CEO's sit outside in the stands in sub-40 temps to watch their team play?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I like your optimism, however I will counter with the following argument:

View attachment 7
That argument only counts for playoff games and playoff situations. We win 95 and the division this year. Then get out managed when it counts.

D

Deuce

@Evan_P_Grant: Source: Nolan Ryan to remain with Rangers. Story up momentarily. Official announcement coming soon.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Was hoping Houston could bring Nolan back home. Oh well.

The Stros can do no worse than 3-159 this year, so that's a comfort.

Rev

Staff member
He will probably leave at the end of the year. That's just my guess. I just get the feeling he didn't disrupt this season. Chalk up another ego problem in Dallas area sports teams.

Rev

Staff member
Quentin should be suspended for how long Greinke is out.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That simply won't happen. It was stupid on his part to charge the mound, but I am also curious as to what Greinke said. He seemed poised for a fight there. I don't think it was intentional, but there is history there.

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
I agree Quentin shouldn't of charged the mound. The Dodgers want him suspended for as long as Greinke's out with the shoulder injury.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
There is apparently somewhat of a history between Greinke and Quentin but Quentin, who gets hit by more pitches than anyone, also has a history of acting like a tough guy towards the pitchers when it happens. IMO it doesn't matter what Greinke said to him, he shouldn't have charged the mound. I know if I were a pitcher and hit someone, intentionally or not, I'd say something if he was giving a hard looking and walking toward me.

They won't be able to suspend him too long because their isn't a precedent to do so, but they need to start a new precedent for situations like this. If you charge the mound and players get hurt the punishment should be more severe.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Matt Harvey is great. He is the ace the Mets have lacked for a long time. His development would make me not hate dealing Wheeler for a guy like Stanton.

Top Bottom