Tomlin fined for interference

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
$100k was the fine, and now they are talking about a possible draft pick penalty for the team as well. Holy crap.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Wow, thats a hefty fine, I guess the league determined it wasn't as much of an accident as he would like you to believe.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He meant to do it. He didn't even take his damn hand out from his jacket when he made the hop back out of bounds.

His shitty grin afterwards told the story. And as usual the referees let the Steelers escape with no penalty either.

F them...I hope they get impacted in the draft as well.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He meant to do it. He didn't even take his damn hand out from his jacket when he made the hop back out of bounds.

His shitty grin afterwards told the story. And as usual the referees let the Steelers escape with no penalty either.

F them...I hope they get impacted in the draft as well.
Agreed. He knew.

Looked to me he was looking out the corner of his eye over his shoulder for when the returner was close. Then did his little gay hop out of the way. Imo, it caused the returner to veer back out on the field a bit and helped the defender cut down the angle and tackle him. The refs should have picked up the ball and walked it to the endzone, giving them the TD. That's what is supposed to happen if there is any sideline interference with a runner.

And it would be cool to see them lose a draft pick, too. I know a steeler fan that would shit himself inside out. :lol

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
He thought he was being slick but it was obvious he knew what he was doing, even moreso when you watch the local TV station video [video]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/latest-news/2013/12/2/5166704/steelers-video-tomlin-kick-punt-return-sideline-step-nfl-fine-penalty[/video].

Good to see them actually take some action, but no surprise the in game officials did nothing. Could've easily altered the game if they made the 2 pt conversion. Might be moot with how their season is going this year but the Steelers routinely have gotten preferential treatment from the refs. Just look at the SB against Seattle in the '05 season. Blatant.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Agreed. He knew.
Looked to me he was looking out the corner of his eye over his shoulder for when the returner was close.
That's exactly what he did, and that to me is what is more convincing than the shit eating grin.

Cotton

Staff member
He thought he was being slick but it was obvious he knew what he was doing, even moreso when you watch the local TV station video [video]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/latest-news/2013/12/2/5166704/steelers-video-tomlin-kick-punt-return-sideline-step-nfl-fine-penalty[/video].

Good to see them actually take some action, but no surprise the in game officials did nothing. Could've easily altered the game if they made the 2 pt conversion. Might be moot with how their season is going this year but the Steelers routinely have gotten preferential treatment from the refs. Just look at the SB against Seattle in the '05 season. Blatant.
Wouldn't he have been watching the play? Why the hell would he be looking at the opposite score board or whatever? That is so friggin blatant.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:gaycry

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Choices? Plural?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

:gaycry
Well Coach there is no precedent to allow for Coaches to stand on the field and interfer with the play.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Well Coach there is no precedent to allow for Coaches to stand on the field and interfer with the play.
There was no precedent to punish teams for violating no rule either

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
$100k was the fine, and now they are talking about a possible draft pick penalty for the team as well. Holy crap.
I don't think they will take a draft pick but I think the league also wants everyone to know that if it happens in the future they will take draft picks. They really need to scare anyone and everyone from potentially repeating what happened in that game. As a league you absolutely can't have people not playing in the game cross over onto the field and affect play. They need to scare the shit out of everyone now so that it doesn't happen again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just take away 10 mil of their cap space too. The Steelers didn't have any problem when that was happening to other teams...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just take away 10 mil of their cap space too. The Steelers didn't have any problem when that was happening to other teams...
Given the state of their team....I would prefer that. But it does not relate as well as the draft situation.

If they do anything there I bet it is just dropping them in the order or something.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
There was no precedent to punish teams for violating no rule either
That's exactly what I was going to say. Fuck them if they are mad about it. I didn't see them stand up or speak out against us getting docked a bunch of cap space with no precident.

Genghis Khan

I don't think they will take a draft pick but I think the league also wants everyone to know that if it happens in the future they will take draft picks. They really need to scare anyone and everyone from potentially repeating what happened in that game. As a league you absolutely can't have people not playing in the game cross over onto the field and affect play. They need to scare the shit out of everyone now so that it doesn't happen again.
Yep.

Genghis Khan

As an aside, I was happy he did it. I have the Ravens ST in fantasy and I didn't play them last week. I'd have been so pissed if they had a ST TD the one week I didn't play them.

Cotton

Staff member
As an aside, I was happy he did it. I have the Ravens ST in fantasy and I didn't play the last week. I'd have been so pissed if they had a ST TD the one week I didn't play them.
You are so selfish.

Top Bottom