The Restructuring Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm sure Jerry sees Brady and Manning playing well in their upper 30's and has justified spending the money on Romo thinking hes got 5-6 years left.

Dipshit.

:lol
Well, that's kind of what he said when he signed him last year. He honestly saw him seeing close to the end of that contract.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It is literally all he has talked about today on Twitter. He wants so bad to be right. Too bad him being wrong keeps getting in the way.
He's not technically wrong.

He just thinks he's smart by whipping his straw man over and over and over again.

I don't know who he is speaking to when he keeps on with this "cap hell" thing. Maybe he has a lot of retards thinking we couldn't get under, I have no idea. I just know he's beyond annoying lately.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He's not technically wrong.

He just thinks he's smart by whipping his straw man over and over and over again.

I don't know who he is speaking to when he keeps on with this "cap hell" thing. Maybe he has a lot of retards thinking we couldn't get under, I have no idea. I just know he's beyond annoying lately.
Him saying that the cap problems have nothing to do with 8-8 is absolutely wrong.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He does have retards who argue with him for 2 days.

Cotton

Staff member
He does have retards who argue with him for 2 days.
Kinda what twitter is for in some ways. He is absolutely wrong in what he is saying, so yeah, I'm going to point it out every time he tries to spout it.

Cotton

Staff member
The one thing he is right about is the draft is more important. If we drafted better the cap wouldn't hurt quite so bad, but since we suck at drafting the cap is crucial and he refuses to admit that.

Carp

DCC 4Life
We absolutely have to hit on this draft...particularly the DL.

Cotton

Staff member
You are implying that we would somehow do well with cap space.
I'm implying that we would have a better chance if we had more room to play in FA, yes. We could have Melton and Bryant this year had the cap been handled better.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm implying that we would have a better chance if we had more room to play in FA, yes. We could have Melton and Bryant this year had the cap been handled better.
We can get Melton...Bryant does not seem a fit for what they want to do.

Cotton

Staff member
We can get Melton...Bryant does not seem a fit for what they want to do.
Getting Melton and re-signing Dez and Tyron, and making any other moves on FA plus signing the draft picks is going to be tough.

But, say we can get all that done, it doesn't change the fact that what enabled us to do that makes future years even more difficult because of the money being leveraged.

So, we either win next year, or it gets increasingly more difficult over the next few years.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Well, that's kind of what he said when he signed him last year. He honestly saw him seeing close to the end of that contract.
I seriously didn't know that.

Jesus this team is screwed.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
So, we either win next year, or it gets increasingly more difficult over the next few years.

Oh...yeah.....that's wishful thinking....I'm betting another 8-8 season is heading this way like a freight train.

Cotton

Staff member

Oh...yeah.....that's wishful thinking....I'm betting another 8-8 season is heading this way like a freight train.
Exactly. Jerry just keeps making the situation worse. Yeah, we got under the cap for yet another year, but it's just going to get progressively worse as we move forward. So, by teh J's line of thinking we have to win this next year, or it's looking even more bleak.

Without a QB.

data

Forbes #1
$20.6 million for 2016, $24.5 million for 2017, $25 million for 2018, and $23.5 million for 2019

Can't be posted enough.

I can see Jerruh signing Romo to a 30-year contract to spread the money out and a 60 year old Romo's just gonna sit on the bench. Jerry can't afford to cut Romo.

Romo could probably extort money from Jerry to prevent him from retiring tomorrow.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol or :cry

Not sure what to do after reading that. Wow.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The worst part about it is that some people (owner/GMs and posters alike) won't learn from this.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The worst part about it is that some people (owner/GMs and posters alike) won't learn from this.
Agreed. As Albert Haynesworth, DeMarcus Ware, and James Harrison have shown, very few non-QB's are worth 10 million plus per year for very long. You just can't sustain that ridiculous level of performance.

Wide receiver might be the only non-QB position where that's possible outside of a freak like Adrian Peterson.

Top Bottom