Joseph Randle video

dallen

Senior Tech
Reminds me of Julius Jones.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
It's hard to tell much watching him run through non-existent Big XII defenses.

Looks too skinny and upright for an NFL RB.

Lotuseater

Banned
Said the same about jaamal Charles. He looked too frail to do anything. Wrong.

Randles no Charles as far as speed goes, be he mirrors him in a lot of other ways to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Said the same about jaamal Charles. He looked too frail to do anything. Wrong.

Randles no Charles as far as speed goes, be he mirrors him in a lot of other ways to me.
Please explain them because I am confused.

Does he walk back to the huddle like Jamaal does?

Is it the way he wears his mouthpiece?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Lotuseater

Banned
He's a tall, thin build, kinda spindly, like Charles and he's got the vision and lateral moves, he just reminded me a lot of Charles in that highlight.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Meh. If those were his 'highlights', I see why he went late. Seems like a decent third down/screen guy.

Oh wait, we can't run screens for shit

Lotuseater

Banned
Gotta have a line for that.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Meh. If those were his 'highlights', I see why he went late. Seems like a decent third down/screen guy.

Oh wait, we can't run screens for shit
And will now be even worse at it with a first round OL that runs the 40 with a calendar.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will say this he looks very skinny and he has skinny legs. I usually prefer my RBs to have those tree trunk like legs to break tackles and maintain balance. With that being said he seems to run through a lot of tackles by not taking hits directly. He has some nice cutting ability. His long speed sucks which was obvious in the clip of him getting caught from behind by an Iowa State player.

The guy led the Big 12 in rushing this past year if I'm not mistaken. He does have some ability and was worth a fifth round pick. Not the type of RB I would have taken but I think that he should be a solid contributor here. All of which means nothing if we don't fix the pathetic run blocking we had last year. I would have taken Andre Ellington before him, a RB who I think is more explosive and has a more compact build.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm a little leery of these spread backs. Lots of room for them to run usually. I saw him go down fairly easily on contact.

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
I wanted Le'Veon Bell or Stepfan Taylor. I'm not happy with the Randle pick at least not yet. Small hands and slow.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I am partial to Franklin.

The thing that worries me about Randle is that he seems to stutter to the line of scrimmage sometimes, even when there are big holes. I feel like one of the best traits a RB can have is the vision to immediately identify the hole and hit it quickly.

That said, if he gets blocking I think Randle can be solid, and if we let him he can help in the passing game.

He actually reminds me of Murray.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The thing about Murray is that he's fearless. I just don't see that trait with This guy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Everyone just hold on. Randall is a good RB.

Top Bottom