User Tag List

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: BBQ Thread

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    I have tried jerky on it, but it turned out shitty. I'm going to try again. I think I just cooked it too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I have tried jerky on it, but it turned out shitty. I'm going to try again. I think I just cooked it too long.
    Did you marinate the meat overnight? My go to recipe for deer jerky is bottle of worchestershire, half bottle of soy, 1/4 cup of Tony Cachere cajun spice, 1/4 cup of Lawrys season salt, liquid smoke, then coat with fresh cracked pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I have a Master Forge. I love it. The only thing I wish I could change is I wish I had bought one with the see-thru door. Other than that, it is awesome. I can smoke 2 large hams at a time on it or 3 chickens.

Mine doesn't have a glass door, either.

I've heard people say they don't like the glass doors, because they don't hold an even temp as well. Especially if you're smoking on a cold/windy day. I'm going to build an exhaust port into my heated garage and install 4" duct from the top so I don't have to go outside. Lazy MFer FTW!

Well, when it's -stupidfuckingcold outside I wouldn't want to go out there either.

I love the digital features on mine. I get it preheated, put the meat on, add chips and don't have to mess with it again for an hour when I have to add chips again. Mine also has a convenient side loader for the chips so I don't have to open the door and lose heat. I hated myself when I first bought it, but I will probably never smoke anything any other way unless I have to do a ton all at once, then I will go back to my big wood smoker.

Oh that's right, I'm not a really BBQ cooler dude because my grill doesn't leak heat like the rest of the poors. lawl

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    Oh that's right, I'm not a really BBQ cooler dude because my grill doesn't leak heat like the rest of the poors. lawl
    My smoker doesn't leak heat.

Oh, and it doesn't look like a big ugly T-Rex gallstone, either.

FACE!!

I suffered an injury for mines. I know that counts for something.

Electric smokers are for yuppy fags.

Sorry about your sissiness.

You cut me deep, Ryobi.