The Great Police Work Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Cool. I had the opposite background. I was born in west Texas, raised in east Texas, and now live in west Texas. Would love to retire in east or central Texas.
If I stay in TX, I will definitely finish my days in the central part of the state.

It's just perfect there.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There is nothing wrong with Carolina BBQ, Texas elitist.
Carolina BBQ is good. It's more pork based than what we're used to down here and their rubs tend to be more wet, but it's still good stuff.

Memphis BBQ is good too, but not as good as I expected.

Texas still reigns supreme, though. :art

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If I stay in TX, I will definitely finish my days in the central part of the state.

It's just perfect there.
I love central Texas. It is gorgeous, and there is a ton of hunting and fishing. Which I will be doing a crap ton of both after I retire.

Cotton

Staff member
Carolina BBQ is good. It's more pork based than what we're used to down here and their rubs tend to be more wet, but it's still good stuff.

Memphis BBQ is good too, but not as good as I expected.

Texas still reigns supreme, though. :art
Nothing touches Texas BBQ. It's just that simple. We aren't restrained to one kind of meat. We do beef, chicken, ham, pork. We do all of it. And we do it all well.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Nothing touches Texas BBQ. It's just that simple. We aren't restrained to one kind of meat. We do beef, chicken, ham, pork. We do all of it. And we do it all well.
Yep that over-sauced crap is NOT bbq

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
When it comes to chicken and turkey, no one even comes close to TX.

Like you said, it's our variety that separates us from everyone else.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Cop shoots unarmed man. Asked why, says, "I don't know"

Cop shoots unarmed man. Asked why, says, "I don't know"

Cops Shoot Unarmed Caregiver With His Hands Up While He Helps Man

A North Miami behavior therapist trying to help a patient with autism says he was shot in the leg by cops responding to the scene — even after he laid down on the pavement and put his hands in the air.

Part of Monday's incident was caught on a witness' cellphone camera, and shows caregiver Charles Kinsey trying to explain to police that weapons were not necessary as they aimed their rifles in his direction.

Kinsey, 47, spoke Wednesday from his hospital bed with a local FOX affiliate and recounted trying to show police he was not a physical threat.

North Miami police said they were called to the scene after a report of a man walking around with a gun and threatening suicide.

"I'm telling them again, 'Sir, there is no need for firearms. I'm unarmed, he's an autistic guy. He got a toy truck in his hand,'" Kinsey said, restating what could be heard on the video.

The shooting itself is not seen in the footage, although at least one of the three officers at the scene did fire, striking Kinsey in the leg.

"It was like a mosquito bite, and when it hit me, I'm like, I still got my hands in the air, and I said, 'No I just got shot!' And I'm saying, 'Sir, why did you shoot me?'" Kinsey recalled, "and his words to me, he said, 'I don't know.'"

Kinsey's attorney, Hilton Napoleon, said his client heard another officer ask why he opened fire.

"The shooting officer said he didn't know why he shot him," Napoleon said, according to NBC Miami.

The officer who fired his weapon was not identified, but was placed on administrative leave amid an investigation.

At a news conference Thursday, North Miami Police Chief Gary Eugene did not detail who was involved or how many shots were fired. He confirmed that no gun was found.

"At my request, as of yesterday, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is taking over this investigation," he said. "The State Attorney's Office is also looking at the case."

Attorney General Loretta Lynch also said Thursday that the Justice Department was familiar with the incident and was working with local officials to gather more information.

The shooting, while not fatal, is being scrutinized as another example of excessive use of force by police against unarmed black men.

"There is no justification, heightened alert or not, to shoot an unarmed man laying on the ground with his hands in the air who is telling you that no one has a gun and the person here is autistic," Napoleon added.

He is also outraged that Kinsey was handcuffed and was left on the road until paramedics arrived about 20 minutes later, he said.

Kinsey, who works at the MacTown Panther Group Homes, said the man with autism ran away, and he was attempting to calm him when the police encounter unfolded.

"I was really more worried about him than myself," Kinsey told the local affiliate. "I was thinking as long as I have my hands up … they're not going to shoot me. This is what I'm thinking, they're not going to shoot me. Wow, was I wrong."

After the police news conference, Congresswoman Frederica Wilson said the video shows Kinsey being "rational," begging the question why he was still shot.

Kinsey's wife, Joyce, told the local affiliate that her husband is lucky he will be OK.

"Right now, I am just grateful that he is alive," she said, "and he is able to tell his story."

townsend

Banned
Lethal force triangle: opportunity, ability, intent. How the hell are so many people being sent out in uniform without understanding what the fuck constitutes a need for lethal force?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oklahoma police officer shoots and kills family dog with an AR-15 during boy’s fifth birthday party

ADAM SHRIER JUL 20, 2016 5:14 PM
An Oklahoma boy's fifth birthday party celebration was ruined after a Wynnewood police officer shot and killed his beloved family dog with an assault rifle.

"There's something wrong with Opie," Eli Malone cried out to his mother as he and his fellow party guests watched from a window as his dog lay bleeding on the ground, gasping for air.

"We had just brought the kids in to give them cake and ice cream," a distraught Vickie Malone told the Daily News. "We weren't even in the house five minutes and then bang!"

The family went out to the yard to find their 3-year-old American Bulldog, Pit Bull mix, Opie, clinging to life and a reportedly remorseless officer on the other side of the fully-fenced property.

"Ma'am I just had to shoot your dog," an officer, identified by family members as Josh Franklin, reportedly told Malone's daughter Crystal.

Rio Youngblood, Vickie’s son who is the owner of the 90-pound dog, said the pet "was amazing with kids" and "never hurt anybody."

"Why'd you shoot my dog?" the incensed owner said he asked the officer.

"He walks slowly out to his car gets an AR-15 and points it at the dog and pulls the trigger," Youngblood said. "He fires another round and it ended my dog's life. He lowered his head and drove off."

Youngblood’s son Vrylend is still grieving over Opie's death.

"I came outside last night and he’s on the trampoline," Youngblood said. "He said 'I'm singing to Opie's heart. I miss him.'"

Franklin reportedly explained to the family that the dog had tried to attack him through the fence. At the time of the incident, he offered no other reason for the shooting, the family said.

Wynnewood Police Chief Ken Moore told FOX 25 that Franklin said "the dog lunged at him" and was "vicious and attacked him by coming around the corner of the house." Franklin also said he tried to kick the dog off him once before he shot him.

The Malones don't find Franklin's story credible. They believe there was no way the dog could have escaped his fenced, gated enclosure.

A video taken by Rio Youngblood, the owner of the dog killed by a Wynnewood police officer, shows the dead dog well within the bounds of his enclosure.
A video taken by Rio Youngblood, the owner of the dog killed by a Wynnewood police officer, shows the dead dog well within the bounds of his enclosure.
IMAGE BY: KOKH
"The dog cannot jump the fence," Malone said. "The gates to our yard are tied with wire and shoe string. The dog could maybe have gotten his head through the fence but he wouldn't have been able to open it."

A video taken by Youngblood shortly after the shooting shows the dead dog well within the bounds of his enclosure.

Moore maintains that the dog's shooting was justified.

Wynnewood Police did not respond to requests for comment.

The officer's reason for being on the Malone's property has also perplexed the family. They are still waiting for a coherent explanation for his visit and an apology from the Wynnewood police.

"He said that he was looking for Shon McNiel," Vickie Malone said. "I said 'There's no one here named Shon McNiel. Who the hell is Shon McNiel?'"

The Malones believe there was no way the dog could have escaped his fenced, gated enclosure to attack Officer Josh Franklin.
The Malones believe there was no way the dog could have escaped his fenced, gated enclosure to attack Officer Josh Franklin.
IMAGE BY: KOKH
Wynnewood Police Chief Ken Moore said that the officer was serving a warrant which gave him the legal authority to be on private property. The warrant for Shon McNiel was from a 10-year-old case that listed the Malone's house as the suspect's last known address.

According to the Malones, Franklin never announced he had a warrant. They also believe that Franklin, who had visited the house the family has rented in the small, rural Oklahoma town for the past year, was well aware the Malones were the property's current occupants.

"Officer Franklin had been to the house twice before," Youngblood, 23, said. "Opie was chained on the front porch. They knew Opie was here, too."

The brutal disruption of the birthday party has upset the family. Vickie Malone said the party's youngest attendants "don't want to go outside to play anymore."

"The dog lied under a towel for over an hour before another officer showed up to take our statements," Malone said. "The kids were all watching through the window."

The children also witnessed as the "blank faced" Franklin who heard "every one of these kids screaming and crying" put the dying dog out of his misery.

Cotton

Staff member

Can't make this stupid ass shit up.
That's not terribly far off from the truth. Not generalizing but there is lots of violence in the black community.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's not terribly far off from the truth. Not generalizing but there is lots of violence in the black community.
I think the funny part is that he is arresting a black person for speeding while saying this. Just sort of points out how if you expect a black person to be a criminal you are going to end up arresting a lot more black people, which in turn then reinforces your beliefs about black people.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Kill a family's dog for no fucking reason other than you are a fucking pussy with a gun. Way to make everyone in that fucking family despise cops, you no good motherfucking scumbag. All those kid's will teach their kids to hate and not trust cops, and rightfully so.

Top Bottom