Bayless: Why Jerry Jones' team won't win

townsend

Banned
Zach Thomas was a horrible fit. Even he commented how he couldn't just come in here and trod on Bradie James' spot. I don't think he was on that top tier of leaders either.

As for Keef...well, we will always have his little speeches.
To be fair Brooking was part of a stellar defense in 09.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
For one year, Brooking played solid football and led the team.

As goofy as his speeches may have been, the team bought into them and his leadership was a big reason for that 2009 aberration of a season.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'm kind of tired of these types of articles. We all know it. It's boring already. Yes Jerry Jones is an incompetent GM. He's too trade happy and overpays old talent. We all know this. We're screwed until he dies...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm kind of tired of these types of articles. We all know it. It's boring already. Yes Jerry Jones is an incompetent GM. He's too trade happy and overpays old talent. We all know this. We're screwed until he dies...
I am not tired of them. There is still a segment of the fan base that doesn't (or won't) realize Jerry is the main problem and he needs to be exposed more and more.

Until that message gets out, the relevance Jerry craves more than wins will still exist.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I am not tired of them. There is still a segment of the fan base that doesn't (or won't) realize Jerry is the main problem and he needs to be exposed more and more.

Until that message gets out, the relevance Jerry craves more than wins will still exist.
Absolutely. Keep 'em coming.

junk

Not So New Member

Which blows my mind. They are too busy comparing us to the Patriots because "we both lose close games"

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
He nails the entertainment part. And of course Jerry would like to win, but not at any cost. We all know he won't hire a GM. And other than Parcells, for ulterior motives (getting the team relevant again to gain support for the new stadium), he won't hire a top notch HC with any real power again. Trying to win his way will never happen so we're left with just trying to relevant and entertaining.

Just the fact that Romo is 'exciting' even if often for the wrong reasons is no doubt key to him being given that huge extension he didn't deserve. It also why someone like Manziel would be on our radar. A younger version of Romo. Not the top quality prospect, but he's entertaining. I really don't think we'll go for a QB this year but someone like Manziel is the only reason we might actually consider it.

And over the last 15+ years I've just held onto blind hope and law of averages that we might be able to one year overcome Jerry's ineptness and catch lightning in a bottle. But after all these years it's evident that'll never happen as long as Jerry is actively mismanaging the team. Watching out of habit is all I'll have til Skeletor is gone.

junk

Not So New Member
He nails the entertainment part. And of course Jerry would like to win, but not at any cost. We all know he won't hire a GM. And other than Parcells, for ulterior motives (getting the team relevant again to gain support for the new stadium), he won't hire a top notch HC with any real power again. Trying to win his way will never happen so we're left with just trying to relevant and entertaining.

Just the fact that Romo is 'exciting' even if often for the wrong reasons is no doubt key to him being given that huge extension he didn't deserve. It also why someone like Manziel would be on our radar. A younger version of Romo. Not the top quality prospect, but he's entertaining. I really don't think we'll go for a QB this year but someone like Manziel is the only reason we might actually consider it.

And over the last 15+ years I've just held onto blind hope and law of averages that we might be able to one year overcome Jerry's ineptness and catch lightning in a bottle. But after all these years it's evident that'll never happen as long as Jerry is actively mismanaging the team. Watching out of habit is all I'll have til Skeletor is gone.
Which sucks because there are some aspects of the team that have improved. Pro personnel has improved. Selvie looks like a good find and it was pretty astute to sign him to a two year deal. Brown was active today. They are doing OK pulling guys off the scrap heap.

They still need to hire a scout with an OL background though.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Which sucks because there are some aspects of the team that have improved. Pro personnel has improved. Selvie looks like a good find and it was pretty astute to sign him to a two year deal. Brown was active today. They are doing OK pulling guys off the scrap heap.

They still need to hire a scout with an OL background though.
Churning the bottom of the roster has been better since they stopped relying on just signing guys that had some kind of tie to the organzation. Not sure what brought that on after all of these years but it is good to actually see some of these guys brought in and actually contribute.

Top Bottom