Dallas Cowboys cornerback B.W. Webb is a superstar in the making

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/d...in-the-making/

Dallas Cowboys cornerback B.W. Webb is a superstar in the making

June 20, 2013

by Damond Talbot

Before the start of the season last year, I had B.W. Webb as the top small school cornerback in the game. I had him higher than Robert Alford and every other small school player, for one simple fact, HEART.

I watched almost every William and Mary game of B.W. and I was impressed at his cover skills. Webb is not afraid of taking on the big name wide receiver, and he never shies away from contact. B.W. is a player that doesn’t talk a lot, but rather keeps you quiet by his intelligent play.

At the end of the season Webb had made me feel even better about my evaluation of him. I had the pleasure to sit down with B.W. and I was blown away with this kids knowledge of the game. Remember this is a small schooler that had Boston College drooling over him coming out of high school. He ultimately chose William and Mary because of a full scholarship. He compares his play to Asante Samuel and I believe that is a pretty fair comparision.

B.W. has been learning quite a bit from former Grand Valley State corner and current Cowboy Brandon Carr.

“Brandon Carr is like my mentor now,” said Webb, speaking at Carr’s celebrity softball game to benefit stopping domestic abuse on Saturday. “He helps me out with techniques, plays, all that. It’s helping out a lot.”

For Carr, its an opportunity to give back. When he was drafted by Kansas City in 2008, former All-Pro Patrick Surtain became his principle adviser, helping to mold him into the cornerback worthy of the big contract in 2012.

In Webb, Carr saw somebody who reminded him of himself (“Kind of quiet but with a lot of athletic ability) and somebody who had a similar path. Webb is a fourth-round pick from the FCS’s William & Mary. Carr was a fifth-round pick from Division II’s Grand Valley State.

Remember to keep an eye on B.W. Webb this year, he will be a special player, and will contribute more to this team than Mike Jenkins did.
--------------

Soon the NFL will know the power of Black Wiener.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
One of the things this team needs is swagger. Not over confidence, but a team that will punch someone in the mouth when needed. A lot of that comes from players with chips on their shoulders, or players with something to prove.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Last edited:

Lotuseater

Banned
And an admitted Bills fan would have no Jerry-agenda, though he does like to promote him some small school athletes. If Webb was his top small school DB, I wonder what he thought of the Cowboys taking Wilcox a round earlier?
Undoubtedly, he was thrilled with the Wilcox pick. As were all mortal men. Some immortal ones were also happy.

As you were.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
watch Black Wiener get cut in camp and shrivel back into non-existence

Top Bottom