2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
One player who won't be broke when it is over

One player who won't be broke when it is over

Dallas Cowboys Player with $3.5 Million Contract Insists on Driving Car He Bought for $2

For Dallas Cowboys running back Alfred Morris, older is better.

Morris signed a two-year $3.5 million deal earlier in the offseason (his second contract deal since being drafted to the NFL in 2012), but he says he won't be spending his money on a new car.

The footballer is the proud owner of a 1991 Mazda 626 that he bought in college from his pastor for a whopping $2 – and he says his beloved vehicle isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

"Yes, I still have my car. I still drive 'Bentley' which is what I call my car even though she's not really a Bentley. It's always going to be my baby and I'm going to drive it 'til she dies," he told 5 Points Blue.

Morris and his Mazda gained recognition in 2012 when the Washington Redskins selected the athlete in the sixth round of the NFL Draft.

Mazda even fixed up Morris' beloved 'Bentley' in 2013 – fine-tuning the engine and replacing a cracked dashboard – while he played for the Redskins.

So when Morris joined the Cowboys in Dallas this year, he decided to have the car shipped to him from Washington, D.C.

"I didn't get to drive it down because I had to get here so quickly for 'captain's workouts' after I signed with the Cowboys. They already had over 40 guys who were back for workouts. So I came quickly and was part of that. I had the car shipped and I'm driving it now," Morris explained to 5 Points Blue.

Morris, who comes from humble beginnings, added that he drives the Mazda as a way to remind himself to stay grounded.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably, though I think people are underestimating how well Alfred Morris and even McFadden will play this season. Dallas definitely has a three-headed monster, making it tougher for Zeke to get enough carries to break Dorsett's record. Tony did it in 14 games averaging 4.8 a carry on 208 carries. Say a split of 220-ish carries from other backs and 250 for Zeke guarantees the record.

For that to happen, Dallas will need the 472 RB carries they had in 2014, not the 367 from 2015.

To get that, they'll need the defense to force the turnovers they got in 2014 and no meltdown games from Romo (for back, collarbone, or whatever reason).
If our running game is dominant I'm not really too concerned how the carries are split. You don't want to overwork Elliott at this point in his career anyway and on top of that he is going to catch a bunch of balls in the passing game as well more then likely. I'd be surprised if he doesn't break 1000 yards, only because that mark isn't very difficult to reach but I wouldn't necessarily be disappointed if he is catching a balls and our running game is killing teams.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Poor guy has some seriously high expectations to live up to.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Poor guy has some seriously high expectations to live up to.
He was the fourth pick in the draft. Comes with the territory.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He was the fourth pick in the draft. Comes with the territory.
I think it goes beyond that. I've seen a lot of people expecting a DeMarco 2014 season. Im not talking about here but it's out there if you care to look.

Cotton

Staff member
I think it goes beyond that. I've seen a lot of people expecting a DeMarco 2014 season. Im not talking about here but it's out there if you care to look.
Yep. Unrealistic expectations from a lot of people.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If our running game is dominant I'm not really too concerned how the carries are split. You don't want to overwork Elliott at this point in his career anyway and on top of that he is going to catch a bunch of balls in the passing game as well more then likely. I'd be surprised if he doesn't break 1000 yards, only because that mark isn't very difficult to reach but I wouldn't necessarily be disappointed if he is catching a balls and our running game is killing teams.
Oh, I don't give a crap what his stats end up being and I agree there is no reason to overwork this kid. At all. Turn him loose in the biggest games.

I just think it will be harder to gain 1000+ with two other good runners and a dominant passing game without a lot of turnovers feeding the ball back to the offense.

Alfred Morris is going to run wild in this offense and McFadden isn't going anywhere either. Let them play.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Oh, I don't give a crap what his stats end up being and I agree there is no reason to overwork this kid. At all. Turn him loose in the biggest games.

I just think it will be harder to gain 1000+ with two other good runners and a dominant passing game without a lot of turnovers feeding the ball back to the offense.

Alfred Morris is going to run wild in this offense and McFadden isn't going anywhere either. Let them play.
I think he'll hit or come real close to 1000 total yards, something around 800 rushing 200 catching.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

The thing Elliott has going for him is I don't think our coaches have any idea how to split a workload. They seem to do well only whem they start feeding one back. Elliott will get the first crack no matter what.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Indeed, he needs to be used sparingly.
That's probably true but he needs to be tested early for endurance and ball handling. The preseason should be the right forum for that.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That's probably true but he needs to be tested early for endurance and ball handling. The preseason should be the right forum for that.
I'm speaking only from a "2233 should eat teh beef" perspective.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The thing Elliott has going for him is I don't think our coaches have any idea how to split a workload. They seem to do well only whem they start feeding one back. Elliott will get the first crack no matter what.
Yeah, and I can see this stupid organization over-feeding Elliott just to accumulate stats worthy of justifying the pick.

If they force feed him 250+ carries then of course he's going to shatter Dorsett's record.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, and I can see this stupid organization over-feeding Elliott just to accumulate stats worthy of justifying the pick.

If they force feed him 250+ carries then of course he's going to shatter Dorsett's record.
I'm cool with him getting 250 carries but anything in the 300s may be pushing it for a young RB.

Cotton

Staff member
Foles released by the Rams. At the right price, would you?

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom