College Basketball Chatter

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Michigan waited way too long to foul.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I won my tournament pot, it was the winner of this game taking it all.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'd like to see the Michigan kids come back next year for one more run at it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Great game, I had Louisville in my pool but got screwed by Kansas who I had in the final, if they hold on there and replace Michigan tonight I probably win but whatever.

At any rate, I'm curious to see what happens with Michigan in terms of guys going pro. This is a very weak draft, one of the weakest in the past 10 years while next year will be one of the strongest in the next 10 years. Normally guys like Burke, Hardaway and McGary might come back for another year but with this draft being so weak they might all be gone, at which point Michigan goes from title favorite to probably out of the tournament.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Great game, I had Louisville in my pool but got screwed by Kansas who I had in the final, if they hold on there and replace Michigan tonight I probably win but whatever.

At any rate, I'm curious to see what happens with Michigan in terms of guys going pro. This is a very weak draft, one of the weakest in the past 10 years while next year will be one of the strongest in the next 10 years. Normally guys like Burke, Hardaway and McGary might come back for another year but with this draft being so weak they might all be gone, at which point Michigan goes from title favorite to probably out of the tournament.
Michigan is back to being a perennial top 10 team they will have a top recruiting class, and I only see them losing Hardaway and Burke. The will definitely be back in the tournament, not a contender but still a good team.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Michigan is back to being a perennial top 10 team they will have a top recruiting class, and I only see them losing Hardaway and Burke. The will definitely be back in the tournament, not a contender but still a good team.
If they lost Burke, Hardaway and McGary I don't think they'd make it next year but we'll see, McGary could potentially go higher than the other two if he declares, Robinson could be gone too. They'll be fine long-run but next year they'd be weak.

D

Deuce

Robinson III is a lottery pick, he'll leave too.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Love to see the Bulls land Mitch McGary but he probably goes way too early.

Carp

DCC 4Life
McGary has already said he will come back. I think Hardaway and Burke go, but I hope Robinson stays another year...I'd like to see him in more of a lead role. With McGary, Horford, Robinson, Stauskas, Levert, Albrect, and Morgan they have talent and depth. They have two big recruits in Derrick Walton and Zak Irvin coming in as well.

1bigfan13

Staff member
He's good for a player who plays limited to no defense and takes too many bad shots.
Yeah he does. That 30 foot 3 point attempt late in the game was horrid. It was shortly after he had that big dunk. I guess he felt he needed a heat check.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't mind that too much about Hardaway...I like the confidence that he has, certainly is not shy about getting his shots up.

D

Deuce

I don't mind him taking a lot of shots as long as they are smart. He had a huge size advantage over Smith for much of the last 10 minutes of the game and only posted him up once. Trying to take a quicker player off the dribble or chucking long 3's is poor decision making.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He's good for a player who plays limited to no defense and takes too many bad shots.
Yeah he has done very little to improve his game since his freshman year, I was surprised the announcers were saying he still needs to work on his ball handling.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Robinson III is a lottery pick, he'll leave too.
I am not so sure he has a ton of holes in his game and he is not very aggressive, I could easily see him coming back to continue to improve his game, if he takes the next step we are talking potential overall top pick instead of a lottery guy.

I don't know if big dog spent all of his money, but finances should not be a big motivator.

Top Bottom