Video Game Chatter

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I played the PS4 demo, and I must be missing something.

Do these games look 399 dollars different than the PS3?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I played the PS4 demo, and I must be missing something.

Do these games look 399 dollars different than the PS3?
I asked that question before. It's about processing power or something, not graphics. N00b.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I asked that question before. It's about processing power or something, not graphics. N00b.
Most of these games were not written with the PS4 hardware in mind. It will come, but none of these games are anywhere close to taking full advantage of what the PS4 can do.

Also.... yes, the biggest leap is not going to be graphical this generation, so if you were expecting to pop in a game and be blown away by what you see right away, you will be disappointed. The advances are going to come more in the depth of the games because they can do more.

So in a game like the sure to be coming Fallout 4, you may see a lot more NPCs who act a lot more realistically instead of standing and staring at walls, a bigger game world, etc. That's because the hardware will be able to process more going on at once.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The one game that was exclusive to XB1 that I wished was on PS4 as well was Ryse - the game that looks similar to God of War but is based around the Roman empire.

Well, it got horrible reviews so now I can rest easy knowing that there isn't anything on Xbox that I wish I had. :art

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I am maybe starting to feel like perhaps I'll just keep one of these things. Even with no games.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Most of these games were not written with the PS4 hardware in mind. It will come, but none of these games are anywhere close to taking full advantage of what the PS4 can do.

Also.... yes, the biggest leap is not going to be graphical this generation, so if you were expecting to pop in a game and be blown away by what you see right away, you will be disappointed. The advances are going to come more in the depth of the games because they can do more.

So in a game like the sure to be coming Fallout 4, you may see a lot more NPCs who act a lot more realistically instead of standing and staring at walls, a bigger game world, etc. That's because the hardware will be able to process more going on at once.
A few more NPCs...

Certainly worth 400 frigging dollars

Oh, and let's not forget COD: Ghosts realistic fish physics

Smitty

DCC 4Life
A few more NPCs...

Graphics don't make game great, their depth and story does. The new hardware will allow much more development in those areas. I expect good things.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A few more NPCs...

Oh, and let's not forget COD: Ghosts realistic fish physics
It's a much more powerful system, plain and simple. The potential is massively greater then the current generation consoles. The problem is the current lineup of games don't come close to maximizing that potential. It's only $400.00 anyway... What are ya, poor or something?

D

Deuce

Legends of Wrestlemania is the greatest $10 investment I've ever made.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Is Playstation Plus still worth getting for PS3?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Is Playstation Plus still worth getting for PS3?
It was worth it for me because there was always a steady flow of free games coming in.

I'd have to check the PS store to tell you what's currently free, but they update the PS+ content every Tuesday.

This link will show you what comes out:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

For December, they have released Borderlands 2, GRID 2, and Dyad for PS3.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Kind of a crappy selection of games right now, but I Signed up anyway.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Those of you with PS4's, what are your impressions so far?

I love mine....shocking, I know. The interface and OS is way better and it's much faster than it was on PS3.

The screenshots and vids don't really do the graphics justice. These games look significant prettier when it's on a TV in front of you.

BF4 is great and 2K is a blast. My son think AC4 is the best one since AC2, but I have yet to play it myself.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Deuce, here's a quick vid of BF4:

When the vid starts, hit the settings icon and switch the resolution to 720P for better quality.

As you can see, I'm the same monster I was on Bad Company 2. :art

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have a decision to make before Xmas.

My son has put both the PS4 and new Xbox on his list.

I need input here. The spoiled little shit ain't getting both.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I have a decision to make before Xmas.

My son has put both the PS4 and new Xbox on his list.

I need input here. The spoiled little shit ain't getting both.
:lol

I'm a biased Playstation guy, but the PS4 turned out pretty damn good.

For one thing, it's 100 bucks cheaper so that obviously appeals to you, I'm sure. Xbox has a pretty good idea in mind for what the system can do, but right now, a lot of those are either broken or have yet to be implemented. The PS4 aims to simply be a gaming console, so I doubt you really care that the XB1 allows you to connect your DirecTV receiver through it or whatever.

Do you want the kid to be able to play online? You have to pay on both consoles now, but for PS4, it's 10 bucks cheaper, plus, you can also pay for a 1 month or even 3 month PS plus subscription if you don't want to pay for a whole year.

I don't think XB1 has any free games on it, but if you do get the PS plus subscription, there are 2 games on PS4 that are free to download as soon as you turn it on.

Since it's more for your kid than for you, then the features the XB1 is supposed to have down the road don't really matter being as he'll never use them, so I don't think that really sways your opinion one way or the other. In that case, go with PS4 and save yourself 100 bucks.

Carp

DCC 4Life
PS4...just based on PS3 vs XBox...Sony is better.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Don't know if you care, but the majority of games that are on both consoles look better on PS4 because they all run in 1080P whereas XB1 runs them in 720P.

Top Bottom