NBA Chatter Thread

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Derrick Rose has taken 112 shots this year and has scored 108 points. That is very bad.

He has a 9.47 PER. That is also very bad.

Sure he's been dinged up, but he's always dinged up.

Preseason seems so long ago.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Derrick Rose has taken 112 shots this year and has scored 108 points. That is very bad.

He has a 9.47 PER. That is also very bad.

Sure he's been dinged up, but he's always dinged up.

Preseason seems so long ago.
I don't think I agree that he's always dinged up. He was dinged up and missed 20 games the same season he tore his ACL. Then in the playoffs, that ACL tear occurred and he missed the entire next season.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I don't think I agree that he's always dinged up. He was dinged up and missed 20 games the same season he tore his ACL. Then in the playoffs, that ACL tear occurred and he missed the entire next season.
Ok, that makes sense. He just seems like an "old" 25 year old.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He's not all the way back that's for sure, but you don't need him all the way back or close to it until the spring.
Yea he's nowhere near 100%, he's still blowing shots at the rim that he used to nail all the time and I don't think he's adjusted to the game speed considering he's basically still just running around at 110 MPH and throwing himself around.

If that's true, if the Bulls thoroughly dominated the Pacers by 20-30 points for a full 4 quarters while Rose is not near 100%, then maybe the league's best course would be to tread lightly.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Also, the Spurs are 9-1. Is this team ever NOT going to be good?

Sheesh.
Another team that is quietly playing very well is Portland. They're 8-2 but you don't hear about them because they're a west coast team.

I'm watching some of their game tonight before the OKC game tips off. I haven't watch Portland all year prior to tonight.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Thunder sweat out a close win over the Nuggets.

They've gotten into a bad habit of coasting early then having to scramble to overcome 10 point 4th qtr deficits.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Another team that is quietly playing very well is Portland. They're 8-2 but you don't hear about them because they're a west coast team.

I'm watching some of their game tonight before the OKC game tips off. I haven't watch Portland all year prior to tonight.
I watched a good bit of that Portland game in the 2nd half.

They're legit.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Is LaMarcus Aldridge the best PF in the game right now?

I'm inclined to say yes.

As for Portland, I think they're gonna be good, but I'm waiting to see how good being as they've only beaten 2 teams with a winning record. The team they beat (the Nets) are in trouble.

Surprise surprise - they look old. Garnett had his best game of the season going 16 and 8, but Pierce was awful.

I don't think that situation is going to get any better even as the season goes on.

Finally, Monta Ellis is playing really well for the Mavs, but more importantly, he's playing efficient basketball. I don't know if that can last, but it's been a pleasant surprise thus far.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Is LaMarcus Aldridge the best PF in the game right now?

I'm inclined to say yes.

As for Portland, I think they're gonna be good, but I'm waiting to see how good being as they've only beaten 2 teams with a winning record. The team they beat (the Nets) are in trouble.

Surprise surprise - they look old. Garnett had his best game of the season going 16 and 8, but Pierce was awful.

I don't think that situation is going to get any better even as the season goes on.

Finally, Monta Ellis is playing really well for the Mavs, but more importantly, he's playing efficient basketball. I don't know if that can last, but it's been a pleasant surprise thus far.
Kevin Love? I mean there are about 3 or 4 really good PF's in the league right now. Love, Aldridge, Griffin and that's it. Is Anthony Davis considered a PF? If so, add him to the list. Love is the best though.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I agree about Love. He's easily the best offensive player playing PF. I can't make a solid assessment of his defense though.

I guess he's okay on defense but nothing special.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I agree about Love. He's easily the best offensive player playing PF. I can't make a solid assessment of his defense though.

I guess he's okay on defense but nothing special.
True about his D, but he's 3rd in ppg and 2nd in boards. Pretty impressive.

Anthony Davis is a game changer on defense or at least he was against the Sixers the other night. Hopefully, Noel can have that kind of impact on the defensive end. He'll never be the offensive player that Davis is, but my hope is he will be on the defensive end. He's also a better athlete than Davis I think. I read an article on Noel today where the Sixers and Brett Brown are completely breaking down his shot and starting over from square one. Brown said he'll go three months without ever using his guide hand. To me that sounds like he's going to sit out the whole year, get healthy, hit the weight room, work on his game, etc.

I think Philly is going to be in a great spot in a couple years though. They just have to keep losing and hope the Pels win about 30-35 games. I have a feeling though their pick will be between 10-14. I'll take 10, but 14 would kind of suck.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd take Davis and Love over Aldridge for sure, perhaps even Bosh who is a very similar player just on a team where he isn't relied on as much.

I'd probably take Davis over Love, all things being equal, because of his defense. As an aside, I had floor seats for the TWolves/Wizards game tonight and kept yelling at Love saying he should go to Chicago as the Wizards slowly took control of the game, so if he does in fact end up in Chicago at some point, I am taking full credit.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

I'm glad he was finally given a reason to act hurt. Chris Paul is a great player, but he is such a flopping bitch.

He's a notorious flopper who has already been warned by the NBA in this young season for doing just that.

As bad as these are:

They all fail in comparison to the grand daddy of them all:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Heck of a comeback from the Mavs! :towel

Rockets were on fire and it seemed like everyone was hitting.... But the Mavs did enough to hang in there and pulled off the comeback in the 4th.

Dirk with 35 and Monta Ellis with 37 with yet another efficient game. This season may end up being funner than I originally thought.

Top Bottom