Comments From Jason Hatcher

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Stolen from Jon88 at the DCU:

"Yeah, I can understand the Cowboys not signing me to an extension before this season started,” Hatcher said. “But at the same time, I know for a fact that I have outplayed my contract, and for those guys not to acknowledge it, it’s just one of those things I’m starting to lean on, starting to think about more and more. I’ve talked to my family about the worst-case scenario, playing somewhere else.

“The longer I play without a deal, the more my value goes up. I don’t want to hear about I’m 31 years old, either. I’m one of the best in the league at my position. So, yeah, it’s hard not to think about. You can’t put a gun to those guys’ heads and make them step up to the plate and do something. Maybe I’m not that guy for them, but thank God there are 31 other teams out there. I guarantee there’s a lot that love me as a player.

“I would love to retire here, that’s always been the dream, but it’s just one of those things. Every game that goes on, it’s kind of disrespectful. You start feeling a little disrespected.”
-----------------

:lol

With this and the comments he made before the Saints game?

Buh and bye, dude.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What a friggin' douche.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I hate practically every word he said there.

F that guy.

Jerry better not blink.
I mean, what exactly does he think he's going to gain from saying all of that except for animosity from the people he is trying to get more money out of?

Cotton

Staff member
BTW, did he say this to a reporter?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I hate practically every word he said there.

F that guy.

Jerry better not blink.
Jesus I remember at the start of the season how humble he sounded. I remember him referring to himself as a role player at the start of the season. Now he is talking about himself as one of the leagues best. It's a scary situation because he has been excellent this season but he has had injuries his entire career and at 31 that isn't going to get better.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We have no money, dude. It's not disrespect, we just can't afford you.

D

Deuce

I mean, what exactly does he think he's going to gain from saying all of that except for animosity from the people he is trying to get more money out of?
He got his point across. He said his asking price will continue to rise with how his play's been and he will not hesitate to look elsewhere. That's him pressuring Jerry to make an offer now. He wants the sercurity before he gets a major injury and that knocks his value in the dirt.

I just wish he would have conveyed that message without sounding like an asshole.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
BTW, did he say this to a reporter?
Supposedly it was on the radio.

EDIT: actually no, Jon is a retard...it is an excerpt from an interview with the Star...the OFFICIAL TEAM MAGAZINE.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He got his point across. He said his asking price will continue to rise with how his play's been and he will not hesitate to look elsewhere. That's him pressuring Jerry to make an offer now. He wants the sercurity before he gets a major injury and that knocks his value in the dirt.

I just wish he would have conveyed that message without sounding like an asshole.
Were he not talking to a owner/GM who acts like a grandparent with pockets full of candy when it comes to negotiating contracts, I would not worry.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He's having a heck of a year, but he can hit the road.

Couple these comments with him saying that we aren't the same team after we fell to 2-2, and it looks like Hatcher is in denial like the rest of the losers on this team about what they are.

We need more guys in here that actually hate losing.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Who cares, he's doing what anyone in his position should do - use their leverage. I just hope he uses it elsewhere...he's never going to play out his next contract.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I just don't give a fuck anymore if we resign anyone.

I can't believe it has taken this long, but the passion is dying.

GShock

DCC 4Life
A 31-year old who is out injured while the defense gets blown off the field in historic proportions not only thinks that it's all about him, but goes to the media with his contract complaints and says his price is going up by the day? Is Ratliff his agent?

Good. Riddance.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't blame him. Hatcher's generally been a good soldier. But there comes a point in time where you have to do what's best for you and your family.

If another team steps up and offers him much more than the cash-strapped Cowboys can offer, I can't blame him for leaving.

For the record, I'm hoping the Cowboys don't offer Hatcher a new deal. Not because of these comments but because we need to get this cap mess straightened out and I'd rather we focused on acquiring young up and coming talent on the DL.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
He's a great player now, at 31 years old.

He just took too long to develop and has been hurt like every year, so good luck with your next team.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He's ready to get paided, yo. Can't blame the guy.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't blame him for wanting to get paid, but he comes off as a dick in those quotes.

dallen

Senior Tech
I don't have a problem with him thinking that way, but it is stupid to say it to a reporter. And even stupider for the team magazine to print it

Cotton

Staff member
I don't have a problem with him thinking that way, but it is stupid to say it to a reporter. And even stupider for the team magazine to print it
That is closer to what I meant to say. Props.

Top Bottom