Who really is in charge of this crap show?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Garrett said in his press conference that he should have taken Romo and the starters out of the game late, but said that they wanted to stay in.

So, basically, he is letting the players dictate what happens on this team. Very similar to Wade when he let Tony make the call in that one game to go for it on 4th down.

Pathetic.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
he wanted to stay in to handoff the ball & throw to Witten for 2 yards on 3rd & 7 down by what might as well have been a 100.. fuck this whole team blow it all up

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Garrett said in his press conference that he should have taken Romo and the starters out of the game late, but said that they wanted to stay in.

So, basically, he is letting the players dictate what happens on this team. Very similar to Wade when he let Tony make the call in that one game to go for it on 4th down.

Pathetic.
He and Romo are shovin' buddies. What else do you expect?

Cotton

Staff member

:jerk

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Pathetic.
Hilarious.

But its a process.

Lookit, I appreciate Romo wants to go down with the ship, but let's be real. Garrett should not even have it open for debate.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys make mistake not sitting veterans
November, 12, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys were down 42-17 with about 13 minutes to play in the game to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday when coach Jason Garrett talked to his staff about sitting his veteran offensive starters.

Garrett said he should have sat players such as Tony Romo, Dez Bryant and Jason Witten, but didn't because they talked him out of it. Garrett's offense had the ball twice in the fourth quarter and could have gotten the ball once more with about two minutes to play. But the Saints went for it on fourth down, getting a five-yard first-down run from Pierre Thomas to close out the game.

"We’re all competitors. Everybody is a competitor out there -- everybody wants to play," Garrett said. "Those guys wanted to continue to play. If you throw all the factors together, we should have taken them out of the game -- they shouldn’t have played that last series."

The discussion to sit the vets intensified with about 5:44 to play with the Cowboys trailing, 49-17.

"We should have taken all those guys out," Garrett said. "They all wanted to stay in, ‘We’re not coming out,’ but that was a bad decision by me. We should have taken them out of the game."

Starting defensive end DeMarcus Ware, making his return after a three-game absence with a thigh injury, tweaked the injury. He was pulled early in the fourth quarter.

:picard

Cotton

Staff member
Hilarious.

But its a process.

Lookit, I appreciate Romo wants to go down with the ship, but let's be real. Garrett should not even have it open for debate.
It's laughable that he thinks he has the authority to just take back over the play calling. Like he would even get to sit in on that discussion.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's laughable that he thinks he has the authority to just take back over the play calling. Like he would even get to sit in on that discussion.
I am not going to pretend I know what kind of authority he has, but I would hope he can sit people in a blowout if he wants to.

Right?

Uhh...hello?

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Can anyone name 'one of the best' teams that gave up over 620 yards (!), and was equally bad on offense ?

Cotton

Staff member
Can anyone name 'one of the best' teams that gave up over 620 yards (!), and was equally bad on offense ?
We are the best at being the worst. Maybe that's what he meant.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Maybe its me...but this team is more of a circus now that when the Campo days were in full force.

Top Bottom