Video of Police Traffic Stop

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I was wondering how long it would take Bipo.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
An issue? Maybe, just less of an issue than it has ever been. It is by far, statistically, the safest time to be a cop. Still, wouldn't want to be the point man on cartel raids.

Seriously 100,000's of cops, yet they all have to show this one video repeatedly to keep them jacked up and militarized in a state of war against those they are supposed to serve.

The video is 15 years old...
The original video was a few months old and featured a man opening fire with a fully automatic rifle.

Anyway, since stats (I think, but you haven't shown any now that I think about it) are cool to prove police work is safe, I read a stat from the DoJ that about 1% of all police interactions with the public end in violence or the threat of violence. I find it strange how we all recognize that the media sensationalizes everything they can, but yet we point to anecdotal evidence any time it fits our ideology.

And Clay's point is just... odd. My job is hard and nobody appreciates it, SO FUCK COPS. I tend to respect the jobs both police and COs do, but that's just me.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Can someone please post an article about how prison guards are mistreated so Clay does not have to hijack every law enforcement article to do so.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I'm not asking anyone to understand my job, it's a shit job and I won't have it a minute more than I have to, but if you look at the rankings of corrections in job stress, it's right up there with cops and if it wasn't for what we do, what cops do wouldn't be very useful.

For all of that, cops, who don't do a harder job or a better job, get their asses kissed constantly by adoring fanboys who think they are exactly like the heroes from a cop buddy movie and literally think prison guards are all Clancy Brown from Shawshank redemption.
Wow dude,

In all our interactions here you and I have been pretty much on point and I have repeatedly told you that I don't envy you your job and would much rather do mine. Nor have I ever craved fanboy attention or pretended for one second to be a hero. Why the sudden inferiority complex and hate? If you don't like your job sign up to do mine and I'd welcome you.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Wow dude,

In all our interactions here you and I have been pretty much on point and I have repeatedly told you that I don't envy you your job and would much rather do mine. Nor have I ever craved fanboy attention or pretended for one second to be a hero. Why the sudden inferiority complex and hate? If you don't like your job sign up to do mine and I'd welcome you.
I'm not irritated at you at all. You aren't the one who makes excuses every time a cop does something stupid. You're inside the profession and you don't like the people who make you look bad any more than I like the people that make me look bad. It's the guys like Carp and NoDak who have an idealistic view of the world and look to the idea of America as a police state as a utopian future that annoy me.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Can someone please post an article about how prison guards are mistreated so Clay does not have to hijack every law enforcement article to do so.
Every time anyone talks about something Carp doesn't like, it's thread hijacking.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's the guys like Carp and NoDak who have an idealistic view of the world and look to the idea of America as a police state as a utopian future that annoy me.
When have I ever said or done anything remotely close to that. The only thing I've ever done is laugh at you and your idiotic stance on the whole topic.

I would never ask people to thank me for what I do as a correctional officer, despite the fact that I keep murderers and rapists off the street, blah, blah, blah...I think I'd feel the same if I were a soldier.
:dunce

:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Someone is about to get unfriended.

:unsure

Carp

DCC 4Life
Every time anyone talks about something Carp doesn't like, it's thread hijacking.
I can tell me being hard on you stings. You are spreading this hijack thing around to multiple threads. I'm sorry I hurt you.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Every time the police kick in the door of the wrong house and shoot someone or beat someone up to take their camera to destroy evidence of a bad arrest Nodak and Carp are in here saying "constitutional rights are for pussies". It's just disagreeing with them that constitutes thread hijacking.

Carp

DCC 4Life
:lol

You guys need a boogie man to rail against.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Every time the police kick in the door of the wrong house and shoot someone or beat someone up to take their camera to destroy evidence of a bad arrest Nodak and Carp are in here saying "constitutional rights are for pussies". It's just disagreeing with them that constitutes thread hijacking.
You're full of shit. I rarely get involved in threads like that, and when I do it's to laugh at idiots such as yourself and Bipo for your extreme takes. The only think I stick up for would be painting the entire profession with a broad brush because of a few bad apples. I certainly wouldn't think every dork prison guard is some angry loser just because you are.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You're full of shit. I rarely get involved in threads like that, and when I do it's to laugh at idiots such as yourself and Bipo for your extreme takes. The only think I stick up for would be painting the entire profession with a broad brush because of a few bad apples. I certainly wouldn't think every dork prison guard is some angry loser just because you are.
Yeah, well I don't think every oil field worker is an internet tough guy, so I guess that's fair.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I feel like you are trying to communicate.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yikes...Clay, you are an unhappy dude that has been in a bad place for a long time. I feel for you man.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yikes...Clay, you are an unhappy dude that has been in a bad place for a long time. I feel for you man.
It's been a bad few months and a really bad few weeks at work. That's probably why an old as hell thread touched a nerve.

Top Bottom