MLB Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I can't wait to see Ortiz bumbling and stumbling at first base the next few games.
You'll get a .688 batting average and an MVP and like it!

:laff

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I am happy that Nap got him a ring. He deserves it.

D

Deuce

Bobby Valentine was on the radio and said if he didn't get fired, the team would be in the same exact spot it is currently in.

Said that with the roster upgrades and the "cultural foundation he laid" it would be been enough.

lawl

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Bobby Valentine was on the radio and said if he didn't get fired, the team would be in the same exact spot it is currently in.

Said that with the roster upgrades and the "cultural foundation he laid" it would be been enough.

lawl
:picard

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

lawl
Pfffff....yea right.

I didn't like that hire from the very beginning.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Bobby is an idiot but he provided one of the funniest baseball moments for me. When he was with the Mets he came back to the bench with a fake mustache on after being tossed from the game.

Rev

Staff member
Rangers locked up Martin Perez all the way through 2020 for very little guaranteed money.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, that means we have Yu, Holland, Martin, and Harrison signed to long term deals.

Rev

Staff member
JD might finally get his wish. Rangers showing interest in Josh Johnson.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Rangers locked up Martin Perez all the way through 2020 for very little guaranteed money.
That's a great deal for the Rangers.

In an unrelated note, I meant to post this a couple weeks ago when I found out about it but forgot:

C.J. Edwards Named MiLB.com Starting Pitcher of the Year
October 23, 2013 By Neil 31 Comments

Voting for the 2013 MiLBY Awards has ended, the votes have been counted and C.J. Edwards is the first Cubs’ prospect to take home a post-season award. The MiLB staff named Edwards the minor league starting pitcher of the year. Edwards fell short in the fan vote but came out on top according to the MiLb.com staff.

C.J. Edwards had a tremendous season that went unnoticed until he became the centerpiece of the five-player deal that sent Matt Garza to the Rangers in July.

Kyle Hendricks finished second in the fan voting for the 2013 MiLBY for starting pitcher of the year.

The 22-year old right hander posted an 8-2 record for Hickory with a 1.83 ERA and a 1.03 WHIP before the trade. In 18 innings, 93 1/3 innings, C.J. Edwards struck out 122 batters, allowed 62 hits and issued only 34 walks. After joining the D-Cubs rotation, Edwards did not post his first win with Daytona until the post-season but finished with a 1.96 ERA and a 0.91 WHIP in 23 regular season innings. Edwards struck out 33, surrendered 14 hits and walked seven batters.

C.J. Edwards ended his 2013 regular season with a combined 8-2 mark in 24 starts with a 1.86 ERA and a 1.01 WHIP. In 116 1/3 innings, Edwards allowed 76 hits, 41 walks, struck out 155 batters and allowed one home run.

C.J. Edwards will be ranked as the top pitcher in the Cubs’ system when the prospect lists are released this off-season. Edwards figures to begin the 2014 season in the Smokies rotation.

Rev

Staff member
:budd Just had to twist that knife....

Rev

Staff member
Kyle Hendricks is another pitcher you got from the Rangers that had a very good year. FML

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Kyle Hendricks is another pitcher you got from the Rangers that had a very good year. FML
Yeah, he did have a really nice season. He was part of that Dempster trade so if he even turns into a decent #4 or #5 starter it's a win for the Cubs, IMO. I think he projects more as that kind of back end of the rotation type of starter but they need to start populating their farm system with more guys like that. It would be nice to get some front end of the rotation arms in the system but it is essentially devoid of that right now. I think even Edwards' projected ceiling once he's ready is around a #3 type.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Braves are building a new stadium and will move to Cob County in 2017.

This is very surprising as Turner Field isn't even 20 years old. If you remember, Turner Field was originally built for use during the 1996 Olympics.

The Falcons are building a new stadium as well.

Top Bottom