Mosely says we are taking one of these three

Tony D

DCC 4Life
He's not a better prospect than a multitude of guys who fill bigger needs.
We do need another guy who can catch passes though. Not the highest priority, but still a need. Witten and Eifert would be on the field just about every play. And multitude of guys is questionable. Just preparing you guys for the inevitable.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He's not a better prospect than a multitude of guys who fill bigger needs.
We fans are hugely biased towards need vs talent and you can believe that goes double for Garrett. But Jones the GM should not be even though as Jones the owner he has to sell 90K tickets a game.

If the team believes Eifert is a serious talent then need has to take a back seat. You can buy free agents to fill immediate needs.

I want Lotulelei or Warmack out of this bunch and the rest is meh. Seriously. They aren't going to get either, in which case I believe they need to pick their board.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Go Eifert!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
No you don't.
Why don't I? I enjoy watching things burn. Besides, we get the added bonus of VA going to Dallas and ending Jerry's life. He said so, or at least implied as much. I believe everything I read on the internet.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Why don't I? I enjoy watching things burn. Besides, we get the added bonus of VA going to Dallas and ending Jerry's life. He said so, or at least implied as much. I believe everything I read on the internet.
I'm sure you do like to watch things burn but you don't actually want the Cowboys to draft Eifert over a guy like Warmack or Cooper. You're just stirring the pot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seriously, what's wrong with Eifert? If he's the 13th or 14th best prospect in the draft and falls to 18 why not take him? Dallas probably has him ranked lower than other teams though because of Witten's presence and Eifert's lack of blocking ability.
Because he will basically see no balls thrown his way over the next three to five years while Witten is still on the team and Romo is still his butt buddy getting him as many balls as possible. Then after averaging 300 yards a season Eifert will go somewhere else. This is the exact problem with BPA. When you have a 30 year old probowler already at that position that won't be going anywhere any time soon, the newly draft player isn't going to do shit and his value will only plummet as a result.

I really like Eifert but that is the player I draft the day that Witten is retiring.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
You can buy free agents to fill immediate needs.
Yes, you can buy overpriced, mediocre FA's to fill gaps you should have addressed in the draft for years but you didn't because you were busy drafting TE's because you erroneously followed a retarded notion of taking the BPA whether you needed the player or not.

Well you could do that if you weren't the Cowboys and actually had some cap space.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
For the record, that is only in the case of us taking Eifert if Warmack, Cooper or Richardson are still on the board.

If those three are gone the question then is Eifert a clear cut BPA over guys like Fluker, Sylvester Williams, Vaccaro, etc. If so, then so be it, but I think we can get both value and fill a need by going with one of the other players.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm sure you do like to watch things burn but you don't actually want the Cowboys to draft Eifert over a guy like Warmack or Cooper. You're just stirring the pot.
:lol Can't slip anything by you, can I? The "After reading this thread" and lol smiley parts apparently weren't sneaky enough.

Last edited:

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
@clarencehilljr i like eifert.but he is not a blocker and unless the Cowboys going to new englands offense..he is not a need..but yes cowboys are interested.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Prediction: Eifert or Vaccaro. Cowboys once again ignore the trenches.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prediction: Eifert or Vaccaro. Cowboys once again ignore the trenches.
I think Vaccaro is the better prospect. Of course many experts have him in the top 15 prospects. I think Eifert is gone by the time we pick anyway, there has been talk of him going as high as 6 to the Browns.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I feel like it is going to be Sylvester Williams.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Garrett supposedly really wanted Fleener last year so I can see the interest in Eifert being legitimate. If he's this all-world TE and no one else is left at 18 I would rather trade down with somebody else that wants him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just can't believe this is a thought process that they are going over right now. Eifert should not even be in the discussion...baffling if true, and infuriating. I do think that someone will save us though...particularly Miami at 12.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Garrett supposedly really wanted Fleener last year so I can see the interest in Eifert being legitimate. If he's this all-world TE and no one else is left at 18 I would rather trade down with somebody else that wants him.
Our team has certain fetishes. LBer, RB, and TE seem to be positions that we value extremely highly in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see us take a player at any of those positions at any point in this draft. It really sucks to say that but it's true. Our scouts probably have much higher grades on guys at those positions then they do guys at other positions.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Our team has certain fetishes. LBer, RB, and TE seem to be positions that we value extremely highly in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see us take a player at any of those positions at any point in this draft. It really sucks to say that but it's true. Our scouts probably have much higher grades on guys at those positions then they do guys at other positions.
I think DE will now replace LB on that list now that we've gone to the 4-3.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think DE will now replace LB on that list now that we've gone to the 4-3.
I hope but with Wagner, Lee, Carter all pegged for us in the second round over the last few drafts I'm still concerned. Those are all 4-3 LBer types.

Top Bottom