The 2015 Suspensions Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Report: LaRon Landry suspended 10 games for violating PED policy

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 6, 2015, 5:59 PM EST

Free agent safety LaRon Landry is reportedly in line to miss more than half of the upcoming season.

Landry has been suspended for the first 10 games of the 2015 regular season by the NFL, Field Yates of ESPN.com reported Friday.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Landry’s ban is for a violation of the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy.

Last season, Landry served a four-game PED policy suspension as a member of the Colts, who released him in February.

The 30-year-old Landry has recorded 617 tackles, 41 passes defended and eight interceptions in eight seasons. However, the news of this latest ban puts his NFL career on hold — at best.

cmd34

Brand New Member
He must not seem to care because he keeps getting nailed for it.

I would imagine his NFL career is done.

Cotton

Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
I zoomed in and enhanced on that jar and it says "Laron's Steroids".

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Datone Jones suspended one game for substance abuse violation

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 2, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT

Yep, it’s officially a Friday news dump, even though it’s Thursday.

Packers defensive end Datone Jones became the third player suspended today, getting one game for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.

He follows Sheldon Richardson and Rolando McClain in getting suspensions on Thursday, before the league slides out to the Hamptons for the weekend.

Jones, the Packers 2013 first-round pick, was growing into a solid player, even though he hasn’t reached the heights of other guys drafted around him. And now, he won’t start working on it until Week Two.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[h=2]Report: Sheldon Richardson suspended for marijuana use[/h] Posted by Josh Alper on July 2, 2015, 3:09 PM EDT

The NFL announced Thursday that the Jets will open the season without defensive end Sheldon Richardson because Richardson has been suspended for four games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.

The league does not disclose the specific violation, but Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that it is for marijuana use. Richardson issued a statement through the team when the suspension was announced and went on Twitter Thursday to offer further apologies for the suspension.

“I apologize for my mistake and for disappointing the people who mean everything to me,” Richardson wrote. “I vow to you, this will not happen again. My team will continue to push forward without me to start the season. I promise I will be there for them in every way that I can until I am able to return.”

It will be interesting to see if Richardson’s suspension impacts the Jets’ decision-making on the defensive line moving forward. Muhammad Wilkerson is in the final year of his rookie deal and stayed away from voluntary work this spring while trying to get a new one. Richardson has two year and a team option left on his deal and the Jets may warm to the idea of extending Wilkerson if the suspension gives them doubts about Richardson over the long term.

Richardson said last month that he thought Wilkerson was worth “Suh money.” His suspension may wind up pushing him closer to it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Antonio Gates suspended 4 games after positive PED test

16h

Eric D. Williams, ESPN Staff Writer

SAN DIEGO -- The NFL announced on Thursday that San Diego Chargers tight end Antonio Gates has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2015 regular season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Gates is eligible to return to San Diego's active roster on Monday, Oct. 5, following the team's Oct. 4 game against the Cleveland Browns. He can participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.

In a statement released by the team, Gates said he did not knowingly take a banned substance, but acknowledged he did take supplements this offseason and accepts the consequences.

"I take full responsibility for my actions," Gates said. "I'd like to express my sincere apologies to the Chargers, my teammates, coaches, fans and the league who have always supported me and expected and gotten nothing but the highest level of integrity from me."

Gates is not expected to appeal the suspension.

A 12-year veteran, Gates finished with 12 touchdown receptions last season, tying him with Rob Gronkowski of the New England Patriots and Julius Thomas of the Denver Broncos for the most by a tight end last season.

Following the news of Antonio Gates' suspension, the Chargers will be missing one of the NFL's all-time great tight ends for the first four games this season.

Gates, 35, was scheduled to make $5.9 million in total compensation in the final year of his deal. He'll miss out on nearly $350,000 due to the suspension. Gates has missed just one game due to injury over the past three seasons.

According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, Gates had been notified weeks ago of the suspension and was surprised by the positive test.

"In my 12 years in the NFL, I have taken tremendous pride in upholding the integrity of the NFL shield and all that it entails," Gates said. "I have taken extreme care of my body with a holistic approach and never taken any substance that was illegal or banned by the NFL.

"In an effort to recover from a long season and although I was unaware at the time, I regret to confirm that I tested positive for a substance that is currently on the NFL banned substance list.

"As an NFL veteran and team leader, I should have done my due diligence to ensure that what I was taking for recovery was within the NFL guidelines. I have always believed that ignorance is no excuse when it comes to these issues, and I take full responsibility for my actions."

With Gates unavailable for the first four games of the regular season, the Chargers will lean on Ladarius Green to shoulder the load as the team's starting tight end. Like Gates, Green is entering the final year of his contract -- he is scheduled to make $660,000 in 2015.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
Interesting that Ahmad Brooks will not be on paid leave...the NFL was quick to hand out suspensions and whatnot, but with the backlash from the Brady reversal I just don't think they have the confidence in iron fist decisions.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Interesting that Ahmad Brooks will not be on paid leave...the NFL was quick to hand out suspensions and whatnot, but with the backlash from the Brady reversal I just don't think they have the confidence in iron fist decisions.
Good point. I thought for sure he'd be on that Commissioner's Exemption list by now. Still a week away from kickoff so you never know.

Top Bottom