Dez Bryant's sideline antics on film

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Everything Dez said yesterday sans his blow up at the end of the game were caught on film, and when you see what he said, you'll find that it was all about the game, winning, and not about him.

Goes to show you that the media is full of shit as are the people calling him selfish and other bullshit.

See for yourselves:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000271580/Dez-sideline-sound

Carp

DCC 4Life
Just to clarify...did anyone here call him a bad guy?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Fuckin A. Bryant is the man.

My dead grandmother has more enthusiasm than Romo and Dooley.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I put this in the other passion thread as well. Didn't see this one.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Just to clarify...did anyone here call him a bad guy?
Not that I know of.

I know the national media has a lot of crow to eat but I'm pretty sure the ESPN guys won't mention it now that there's no story.

I feel sorry for Berman and his Sunday morning crew. I'm sure they had about 3 segments already being written ready to rip into Dez for his "selfishness". Now they can't use that material.

They gotta find another "Dez is a meanie" angle now.

Darn.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One of the few times I believe in the evil media.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Keyshawn Johnson had his back 100% last night and specifically pointed out what Dez was dating and how it was about the team and not himself.

jaf1224

Not So New Member
I personally love what he did. It's about time someone shows some passion.

I personally don't get the TO personality from Dez but at the same time, that was what... 15 seconds of his rant? They haven't released the rant at the end of the game so who knows what was said during that.

tnt

Whoa An Active DCCer
It is refreshing to see some passion, vs. the standard "It's a process" and we are learning statements.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I personally love what he did. It's about time someone shows some passion.

I personally don't get the TO personality from Dez but at the same time, that was what... 15 seconds of his rant? They haven't released the rant at the end of the game so who knows what was said during that.
I don't think that one was a big deal either.

The media tried to make a stink about the first rant because they thought he was attacking Romo now that that's been proven to be a false accusation they'll point to incident #2 and say that's what they were concerned about.

I've seen a number of posters at the Zone make that switch. They were proven wrong about the Dez attacking Romo angle so now they are trying to latch on to the end of game rant.

jaf1224

Not So New Member
I don't think that one was a big deal either.

The media tried to make a stink about the first rant because they thought he was attacking Romo now that that's been proven to be a false accusation they'll point to incident #2 and say that's what they were concerned about.

I've seen a number of posters at the Zone make that switch. They were proven wrong about the Dez attacking Romo angle so now they are trying to latch on to the end of game rant.
Yeah, I don't necessarily think it was either. I think he's a passionate guy that wants to win. Too bad nobody on that defense was going ape shit along with him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
One of the more interesting things I heard in that was when Dez says "We practiced this!" as if to suggest Romo was going to him while he was open on a specific look they worked on.

It's amazing how often he's open and Romo doesn't even look his way.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
You can't look at Dez while looking lovingly towards Witten at the same time

lostxn

DCC 4Life
One of the more interesting things I heard in that was when Dez says "We practiced this!" as if to suggest Romo was going to him while he was open on a specific look they worked on.

It's amazing how often he's open and Romo doesn't even look his way.
Just keep in mind the defensive line of Detroit got good push up the middle. For a short QB like Romo, that negates him. Then he has to scramble outside and throw on the run.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just keep in mind the defensive line of Detroit got good push up the middle. For a short QB like Romo, that negates him. Then he has to scramble outside and throw on the run.
I made a comment similar to this earlier and was labeled a Romo apologist.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tony Romo: Dez Bryant not a distraction

October, 31, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Before the NFL Films crew released the audio and video of what Dez Bryantsaid on the sideline during last week’s loss to the Detroit Lions, Tony Romo backed up hisDallas Cowboys teammate.

“I said that after the game and kind of what happened was obvious what was going to happen, people were going to take it and run with it, it was going to be on 'SportsCenter' and all that stuff even though it’s wrong,” Romo said. “He’s a positive player, a positive teammate. He’s always been that way. He’s not a ‘me, me, me’ guy. I’ll say it again. It’s just proven correct about what he was saying and it’s good it came out. “

Romo acknowledged Bryant might need to be more toned down in the future just because of the perception, but he does not believe the issue has been (or was) a distraction even if some felt it might have been (or is).

“I think invariably any human being who can create a distraction should not do those things,” Romo said. “To us, it’s not a distraction. To you guys it is. And I think that’s part of basically understanding. I know you guys want to control the locker room. It just doesn’t always affect us. Like he said, he’s a passionate player. Does he need to sometimes maybe look a little different for what’s going to be written and talked about? Sure. Does it really matter in here? No. He’s a positive guy who loves his teammates. What else do you want? He’s passionate and he comes to work every day with a great attitude. I’d like a lot of teammates like that.”

Bryant was targeted only six times last week, but, according to ESPN Stats & Information, no Cowboy has been targeted more in the last three seasons of a game within seven points than Bryant. He has been targeted 216 times and Jason Witten has been targeted 199 times.

“You just got to find a way to get him the ball and he had two touchdowns last week,” Romo said “That’s usually a pretty good game, but obviously the guy on the other side had a real good day. I think when the season’s over, you’ll find that Dez had a pretty good year and he did a lot of great things.”

Top Bottom