JJT: Witten also had a meltdown on the field

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
No one saw Witten's incident so therefore no one is saying anything about it.

Cameras are more likely to catch Dez because he has a reputation.

This isn't rocket science.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
“But you never want to take away that passion, that spirit that he has,” Garrett said. “Again, he’s as highly respected and as well liked a guy on our football team that we have.”
Then someone threw water on him and he short-circuited

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel

dallen

Senior Tech

no shit

GShock

DCC 4Life

That was his quote from when he was accused of rape, wasn't it?

Cotton

Staff member
This has nothing to do with this thread, but I thought it was interesting, and didn't really think it deserved it's own thread...

Carp

DCC 4Life
We discussed it yesterday, but if you like we can do it again. I still don't think it was constructive...and I think most would agree. The message was fine, not the way he delivered it.

Appreciate you taking the time to name drop though.

p1_

DCC 4Life
There is one thing being demonstrative does...it calls attention to yourself and it in essence makes you more accountable.

I was a bit shocked at how Romo just sat there and took it.

I'd like once, just once, to see Romo do this:

Wishful thinking. That type of response requires passion, something I have yet to see from Romo.

Cotton

Staff member
Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten: Nobody I love playing with more on Sundays than Dez Bryant

After a shouting match on the sidelines near the end of Sunday's loss in Detroit, Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten and wide receiver Dez Bryant said there's no animosity between them. And Witten reiterated that sentiment Tuesday.

"There's nobody I love playing with more on Sundays than Dez," Witten said on KTCK-AM 1310 and KTCK-FM 96.7 The Ticket.

Once Detroit scored the eventual game-winning touchdown with 12 seconds left, television cameras showed an animated Bryant and Witten on the sidelines.

"I was just reminding him there at the end there was still hope, still a chance and that he kind of just needed to let it go and let's get focused back on these final few seconds," Witten said.
"Wasn't about getting [Bryant] the ball...that's not what kind of guy he is...that's why we love him."

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This has nothing to do with this thread, but I thought it was interesting, and didn't really think it deserved it's own thread...

And all those close games end up as losses.

(not blaming him, just saying).

I noticed it because I download our wins to keep them on file, and I noticed that every time he has a big game, it's not a game I end up getting.

Cotton

Staff member
Jerry Jones: 'Very good thing to be relevant'
October, 30, 2013

By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

The discussion about Dez Bryant continues to dominate the airwaves.

Much of the talk is far from flattering for the Cowboys’ No. 1 receiver/lighting rod. Bryant has been called a baby, a petulant child, a diva receiver and a prima donna in the days since he had a couple of emotional outbursts on the sidelines during Dallas’ 31-30 loss to the Detroit Lions.

That’s fine by Jerry Jones. Heck, he considers it great marketing.

“I think it’s a very good thing,” Jones said Tuesday on KRLD-FM. “Yes, you can have some bad publicity, but I think it’s a very good thing to be relevant. I know it is. When you are relevant and you do happen, that fire starts, it’s like putting a match in a room full of lighter fluid. And I look forward to that.

“As we all know and I’ve experienced, it’s hard to get that room full and get that match on it, but when it does, it will go out the top and be quite a happening. And that’s the way I play the game.”

Let's assume that the burning room is Jerry's metaphor for what would happen if the Cowboys actually earn attention by winning. The lighter fluid is the publicity, positive or negative, the team receives in the meantime.

Head coach Jason Garrett, on the other hand, isn’t such a big fan of media firestorms. Then again, the bottom line for Garrett is the Cowboys’ win-loss record, not their profit margin.

So very true.

Top Bottom