Dez 4th in the NFL in YAC

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Maybe he is as condescending as you. But I still fail to see how he's a hypocrite, as he hasn't told you NOT to be, while remaining so himself. He only said you're a douche. If anything, he's slow on the uptake.

The rest of us have known that for years.
Oh... so it's just that we're both douches. Ok then.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Who does what? That's irrelevant. If Bryant isn't producing on those plays, and I think he isn't, then it's irrelevant whether anyone else is doing it. It should be stopped. This isn't about Bryant not measuring up, I'm saying it's not an efficient use for him.

Harris doesn't get many looks, but I've seen him excel on screens many times. I think he does more in that congested space than Bryant can because he's shiftier. He doesn't need to break tackles like Bryant does because he can lose people in tight quarters better.
So, you're saying that Harris better at YAC?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Dwayne Harris has 23 career catches, yet you've seen him excel on screens many times? How many screens do you think he's caught and excelled in with that giant sampling of receptions, hmm?

Yeah, what little credibility you had on this subject is gone.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't find this to be true.
You're entitled to be wrong. There are a select number of people on this board I argue with a lot and it gets heated. Jiggy, Carp, you, sometimes NoDak.

Booze I argue with all the time, but I am rarely if ever condescending towards him (at least without him starting it, and even then it's usually very brief) because he actually takes the time to put together a thoughtful answer, unlike someone like you who just generally skips to condescension straight away.

Other posters like Geng I really only disagree with on one issue, and I don't think I am any more condescending towards him than he is to me. He's a one-issue nemesis.

Finally, guys like Simp or Deuce or Ace (well, Ace I argue with about Garrett) I think I rarely argue with at all.

In fact.... it's mostly a couple douchebags, who now run this place like sbk did, except they just mock anyone who disagrees with them incessantly instead of banning them.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dwayne Harris has 23 career catches, yet you've seen him excel on screens many times?
Yes.

How many screens do you think he's caught and excelled in with that giant sampling of receptions, hmm?
A high enough percentage of his overall receptions to make me think that he's good at them.

Unlike Bryant, who, though with a much larger sample size, instead has time after time where he is tackled for a short gain on those types of plays.

More douchebaggery.... but if I respond in kind, then I'm the asshole. Love the double standards.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Quit whining about double standards ya pussy. Where did I say you couldn't respond in kind? Kind of hard to have a double standard when I haven't tried to hold you to a single standard. Jesus.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Quit whining about double standards ya pussy. Where did I say you couldn't respond in kind?
Admit you are just as much the problem as me here and I'll stop complaining about it. It's bullshit to place every one of these arguments at my doorstep, which you always do by the way, when you are just as condescending, and frankly, I'd say moreso, recently.

I think you people confuse arguing vehemently with condescension, and are unable to respond in kind without resorting to being dicks, which leads to more of these fights.

D

Deuce

Dwayne Harris has 23 career catches, yet you've seen him excel on screens many times? How many screens do you think he's caught and excelled in with that giant sampling of receptions, hmm?

To be fair, Harris does excel on those plays...at least he did at ECU. I loved the pick when we took him cause I thought he would be perfect out of the slot in short yardage plays like bubble screens.

Cotton

Staff member
You're entitled to be wrong. There are a select number of people on this board I argue with a lot and it gets heated. Jiggy, Carp, you, sometimes NoDak.

Booze I argue with all the time, but I am rarely if ever condescending towards him (at least without him starting it, and even then it's usually very brief) because he actually takes the time to put together a thoughtful answer, unlike someone like you who just generally skips to condescension straight away.

Other posters like Geng I really only disagree with on one issue, and I don't think I am any more condescending towards him than he is to me. He's a one-issue nemesis.

Finally, guys like Simp or Deuce or Ace (well, Ace I argue with about Garrett) I think I rarely argue with at all.

In fact.... it's mostly a couple douchebags, who now run this place like sbk did, except they just mock anyone who disagrees with them incessantly instead of banning them.
Any time you argue you area douche that talks absolutes. You always have.

"Simply not true"

"You're entitled to be wrong"

"Have you watched all the games?"

You do it constantly. It's not with just a few people either, you do it all the time.

So, again, GTFO with your nonsense.

Bet you can't not reply.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol Complaining about what? What problem am I supposedly saying you are the cause of?

Oh, and I've not once ever denied being a dick. To you or anyone else. Persecution complex must be getting the best of you.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bet you can't not reply.
Bet you can't be more of a fag by turning that into your new thing.

Why not just rip off Carp and NoDak's schtick completely, by the way. You only spend 90% of your time groveling over how cool they are in the test thread most days.

Cotton

Staff member
To be fair, Harris does excel on those plays...at least he did at ECU. I loved the pick when we took him cause I thought he would be perfect out of the slot in short yardage plays like bubble screens.
But, overall, he is not close to Dez in YAC.

Well, unless you subscribe to the Smitty theory that the only reason that Dez has lots of YAC is because he gets lucky and catches the ball with no one around him. I mean, part of YAC is getting yourself in space. I suppose that's a genius design by Garrett, though, instead of Dez actually putting himself into space himself.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I was told he's excelled 'many times' on screens for us. How many screens has he caught out of 23 receptions? And of those, how many construe 'many times'?

Cotton

Staff member
Bet you can't be more of a fag by turning that into your new thing.

Why not just rip off Carp and NoDak's schtick completely, by the way. You only spend 90% of your time groveling over how cool they are in the test thread most days.
:lol

Yeah, I grovel to Carp. That is hilarious. Have you watched this board over the last 10 years at all?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hey, screw you. That was mine, not Carp's.

And I must have missed the groveling. Hook a brotha up with a link? Thanks.

D

Deuce

Well, unless you subscribe to the Smitty theory that the only reason that Dez has lots of YAC is because he gets lucky and catches the ball with no one around him. I mean, part of YAC is getting yourself in space. I suppose that's a genius design by Garrett, though, instead of Dez actually putting himself into space himself.
Harris will never be close to Dez in YAC produced because he isn't given the same amount of opportunities and he just isn't as talented. But I do agree he is quicker and has more wiggle which makes him better on those plays in tight spaces when trying to make someone miss and gain extra yards.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think Harris as better at screens and hitches than Bryant.

I already admitted.... to Deuce, who responded to me reasonably, btw..... that he was right, that my characterization of it was probably wrong, and that I didn't rightly mean total YAC because Bryant is very good at getting open in a route and then beating the defender to open field in space.

Maybe you missed that in your hurry to post clever emoticons.

Well, unless you subscribe to the Smitty theory that the only reason that Dez has lots of YAC is because he gets lucky and catches the ball with no one around him.
That's not my theory, you must lack the reading comprehension to actually understand what I'm saying.

I mean, part of YAC is getting yourself in space.
Yeah, I agree, and I amended my position to make up for that. I'm not trying to slam Bryant here, who I love.

I just don't think he's great on those short routes. You seem to be offended by that.

Cotton

Staff member
Harris will never be close to Dez in YAC produced because he isn't given the same amount of opportunities and he just isn't as talented. But I do agree he is quicker and has more wiggle which makes him better on those plays in tight spaces when trying to make someone miss and gain extra yards.
Hell, Beasley is quicker than Dez, but he isn't better with YAC.

Top Bottom