Aledo sweatshirt takes jab at Jerry Jones’ Cowboys

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Aledo sweatshirt takes jab at Jerry Jones’ Cowboys entering football state title game at AT&T Stadium
Ben Rohrbach
By Ben Rohrbach 15 hours ago Prep Rally

As the record-setting undefeated Aledo (Texas) High football team preps for Saturday's Class 4A Division II state title game at AT&T Stadium, one Bearcats fan hopes to fill the Cowboys' stadium with black and orange sweatshirts that take a jab at Jerry Jones' team.

The hoodies, sold by do-it-yourself apparel company Merch Haus, make this statement.

Dear Jerry,

We heard you need a winner. We will be there this weekend. Hang tight!

Love,
Aledo

The sweatshirts are listed for $25 apiece (h/t Dallas Morning News).

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/aledo-sweatshirt-takes-jab-jerry-jones-cowboys-entering-141945601.html
---------------------------------------------
:lol

dallas0593

Brand New Member
The discontent for JJ and the Cowboys is growing, these are the type of things that we need to grow into major stories in order for change to happen. Baby steps.......baby steps!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Uhhh....it has to start somewhere? :unsure

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
The discontent for JJ and the Cowboys is growing, these are the type of things that we need to grow into major stories in order for change to happen. Baby steps.......baby steps!
I agree, its not the implementation of a boycott that matters, its the threat and constant bad press that would effect change

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The high school stunt is actually a self serving statement. They want everyone to know that they are "winners".

Carp

DCC 4Life
Completely agree...pretty big deal for a HS team to play at the stadium, so I'd show a little more gratitude. They might be right, but I don't think it is the place of a HS to call ou a pro team.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Completely agree...pretty big deal for a HS team to play at the stadium, so I'd show a little more gratitude. They might be right, but I don't think it is the place of a HS to call ou a pro team.
I get what you're saying but I don't look at it the same way. The article doesn't say it but the video clip mentions that this team is playing in its 5th straight state championship game. These kids have been in it every year they've been in high school so playing in Jerry World is nothing new to them. Also consider that the Cowboys have zero or one playoff win since those kids have been born.

It might be self-serving and you might consider it to be overstepping their bounds but there are probably a lot of frustrated Cowboys fans on that team/staff. They're proven winners and the Cowboys are not. If Jerry Jones was more concerned with winning (meaning whatever it takes to win, not only stubbornly trying to do it "his way") than entertaining, maybe the team would be better and he wouldn't have take shit from a high school team. As it stands right now, he can suck it.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I get what you're saying but I don't look at it the same way. The article doesn't say it but the video clip mentions that this team is playing in its 5th straight state championship game. These kids have been in it every year they've been in high school so playing in Jerry World is nothing new to them. Also consider that the Cowboys have zero or one playoff win since those kids have been born.

It might be self-serving and you might consider it to be overstepping their bounds but there are probably a lot of frustrated Cowboys fans on that team/staff. They're proven winners and the Cowboys are not. If Jerry Jones was more concerned with winning (meaning whatever it takes to win, not only stubbornly trying to do it "his way") than entertaining, maybe the team would be better and he wouldn't have take shit from a high school team. As it stands right now, he can suck it.
The kids on the team aren't old enough to be frustrated fans. Maybe their parents planted the seed or the coach.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The kids on the team aren't old enough to be frustrated fans. Maybe their parents planted the seed or the coach.
They're plenty old enough to be frustrated fans. The team comes up short every year. You don't think that's frustrating to a kid that has been a fan for his entire life (which would consist of probably 10 years of being old enough to really pay attention/care)? Guaranteed it is.

Frustrated fan or not is beside the point anyway. The point is that if Jerry Jones doesn't want to take shit from high school kids he should put a better product on the field. Not a more entertaining product, but a better football team.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They're plenty old enough to be frustrated fans. The team comes up short every year. You don't think that's frustrating to a kid that has been a fan for his entire life (which would consist of probably 10 years of being old enough to really pay attention/care)? Guaranteed it is.

Frustrated fan or not is beside the point anyway. The point is that if Jerry Jones doesn't want to take shit from high school kids he should put a better product on the field. Not a more entertaining product, but a better football team.
Damn right.

Carp

DCC 4Life

That's cool. I just don't see how this is anything but attention whoring by the coach or athletic director by the team. They represent their school, just don't think it is their place to publicly call out another team.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

i couldn't agree more. I'm all for twisting the knife in Jerry, but this is pretty uncalled for.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Nah there's no excuse.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, it's pretty classless imo. Whether they're right or not, it's still his stadium that he's allowing them to play in. To take a dig at the host is low buck.
Yep. As I said before it is purely self serving.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah, it's pretty classless imo. Whether they're right or not, it's still his stadium that he's allowing them to play in. To take a dig at the host is low buck.
There's a lot of public money in "his" stadium. I think letting HS teams play there might be part of the deal.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
:lol

A bunch of real classy sons of bitches up in here I guess. :rolleyes

If you want to call out the parents/coaches for having no class fine, but let's not act like this is Jerry inviting these kids into his personal home as his guests. He's selling tickets (50,000+ people in attendance) and refreshments/merchandise at this thing, just like any other event that he hosts at Jerry World. This team is playing there because they advanced to the finals and that happens to be where the finals are played. They don't owe Jerry any respect for that just because he owns the venue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom