Cowboys at Eagles | Week 7 Game Day Chatter Thread | 10/20/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Our defense will not hold up against the elite QB's, or even good ones like Stafford, with the DL in the shape that it is in unless Ware comes back like a beast. They dropped alot of passes today, had guys running open in the secondary and our pressure was inconsistent. With that said, the pass defense has nothing to do with how we shut down McCoy, which was rather amazing. I think our back 7 is improving overall though as they get more comfortable in the zone scheme.

Offensively, I am still completely perplexed as to why we were not running the ball hardly at all in the 3rd quarter with a 10 point lead and Randle seeming to find a rhythm. Randle is not a guy you want starting long-term but he looks ok as a 2nd RB, he picked up a few blitzes well, showed something out of the backfield and I like how he presses the line until something opens on these zone runs.

That idiotic sequence ending in the Romo INT could have cost us the game and in some ways can be tied directly to the non-stop pass plays.

Anyway, this was a big win and I really like our chances to win the division with the season-ender against Philly in Dallas in our back pocket. As long as we don't shit the bed we should at the very least be in a situation where that last game clinches the division due to the tiebreaker. Then we'll get our asses kicked by the 49ers but what can you do?

And thank God we'll be able to cut Austin after this year and not lose anything.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We are running a ton more man coverage and you are seeing the results. Our spacing seems to always get f'ed up when we run zone. I imagine Graham could have a big day against us though. We usually struggle badly against TEs.
I'd consider having Carr shadow Graham, not necessarily in straight man all the time but I think that would be our best bet.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd consider having Carr shadow Graham, not necessarily in straight man all the time but I think that would be our best bet.
Agreed. Put Scandrick on Colston...unless Graham is still hampered by injury.

data

Forbes #1
So, after scoring 48 points vs Denver, our offense has scored 41 points in 2 weeks combined. Keep in mind 14 points came from getting the ball on the 3 yard line after turnover and 15 yard line from Dwayne Harris' return.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So, after scoring 48 points, our offense has scored 41 points in 2 weeks combined. Keep in mind 14 points came from getting the ball on the 3 yard line after turnover and 15 yard line from Dwayne Harris' return.
2-0 in those games.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's kind of funny, everybody assumed only one team would come out of the NFC East, and that's probably still the case, but the 49ers are the first wild card at 5-2 and the 2nd wildcard is a tie between the 4-3 Bears and Lions, only a game in front of the Eagles.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Lot of season left..

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
I've got #1 waiver priority in fantasy.

Ben Tate and James Jones WR are both available...who should I pick up?

Cotton

Staff member
I've got #1 waiver priority in fantasy.

Ben Tate and James Jones WR are both available...who should I pick up?
James Jones was killing it before he got hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom