Kavner: Former DT Casillas To Announce Cowboys' Second Round Pick

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Former DT Casillas To Announce Cowboys’ Second Round Pick

Posted 38 minutes ago

Rowan Kavner
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – Former defensive tackle Tony Casillas will announce the Cowboys’ second round draft pick from Radio City Music Hall on April 26.

The NFL announced that 32 NFL alumni, one representing each team, will announce the second- and third-round draft picks live. Teams without a second-round selection will have their representative announce their third round pick.

Casillas had two separate stints with the Cowboys during his 12-year NFL career, playing in Dallas from 1991-93 and from 1996-97. Barring a trade for the Cowboys, he’ll be announcing the 17th selection of the second round and the 47th overall pick.

The 2013 NFL Draft will continue the three-day format introduced in 2010, with the first round on April 25, the second and third rounds on April 26 and the remainder of the draft on April 27.

The NFL alumni scheduled to be on-hand features six Pro Football Hall of Famers, including three from the Class of 2013:

Arizona Cardinals, Larry Centers (FB)

Atlanta Falcons, Deion Sanders (CB)

Baltimore Ravens, Jonathan Ogden (OT)

Buffalo Bills, Chris Kelsay (DE)

Carolina Panthers, Mike Minter (S)

Chicago Bears, Neal Anderson (RB)

Cincinnati Bengals, Tim Krumrie (DT)

*Cleveland Browns, Dick Schafrath (T)

Dallas Cowboys , Tony Casillas (DT)

Denver Broncos, Randy Gradishar (LB)

Detroit Lions, Herman Moore (WR)

Green Bay Packers, Dave Robinson (LB)

Houston Texans, Steve McKinney (C)

*Indianapolis Colts, Tarik Glenn (T)

Jacksonville Jaguars, Mark Brunell (QB)

*Kansas City Chiefs, Gary Barbaro (DB)

Miami Dolphins, Larry Little (G)

Minnesota Vikings, Joey Browner (S)

New England Patriots, Kevin Faulk (RB)

*New Orleans Saints, Steve Gleason (S)

New York Giants, Rich Seubert (G)

New York Jets, Wayne Chrebet (WR)

*Oakland Raiders, Willie Brown (DB)

Philadelphia Eagles, Jeremiah Trotter (LB)

Pittsburgh Steelers, Merril Hoge (RB)

St. Louis Rams, Orlando Pace (T)

San Diego Chargers, Jim Hill (DB)

San Francisco 49ers, Guy McIntyre (G)

Seattle Seahawks, Isaiah Kacyvenski (LB)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Warren Sapp (DT)

Tennessee Titans, Keith Bulluck (LB)

Washington Redskins, LaVar Arrington (LB)

Teams marked with a * don’t have a second-round selection, barring a trade into Round 2, and will have their player representatives announce their Round 3 picks.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He was a part of a pretty amazing group of DTs...Maryland, Hennings, Casillas, Jones...depth and quality.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He was a part of a pretty amazing group of DTs...Maryland, Hennings, Casillas, Jones...depth and quality.
Lett.

That team was the deepest and most talented ever assembled, IMO.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I bet you were telling everyone else in the sandbox that would listen the exact same thing.
I was ten years old, not three... and I had most of the games from that season (and subsequent seasons) on tape. I was very aware of the league at that time and I have re-watched it many times over since then.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Shit...can't believe I left Lett off that list...he was one of my favorite players to watch.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I bet you were telling everyone else in the sandbox that would listen the exact same thing.
The cats in the neighborhood kept trying to bury him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BURNZ

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
IRVING, Texas – Former defensive tackle Tony Casillas will announce the Cowboys’ second round draft pick from Radio City Music Hall on April 26.
I was kinda hoping it would be Quincy Carter.....oh well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was ten years old, not three... and I had most of the games from that season (and subsequent seasons) on tape. I was very aware of the league at that time and I have re-watched it many times over since then.
:lol

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
In defense of Schmitty, I do know that when I was ten years old (not three) I was an expert on breaking down game tape.

Carp

DCC 4Life
When I was 10 I had one of those big electronic football fields. I routinely set up the men and broke down schemes. Then I slept walk one night and pissed all over it.

The end.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I still have it. :art

I've got a ton of mint condition Cowboys card stashed away in a box somewhere at my parents house.
They have probably given those away by now.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Pittsburgh Steelers, Merril Hoge (RB)
I hope that douche bag forgets where he is and why he's there and starts babbling on and on about some "Factor back" crap only to see the Steelers draft a punter.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I hope that douche bag forgets where he is and why he's there and starts babbling on and on about some "Factor back" crap only to see the Steelers draft a punter.
Yeah, I can't stand him.

Top Bottom