Cowboys Injury Update Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Miles Austin sits for second day in row
October, 18, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Miles Austin is sitting out his second straight practice Friday, but coach Jason Garrett said he did not suffer a setback in his return from a hamstring strain.

“Just watching him and seeing how he’s doing coming back off the injury and making sure we’re doing the right things and rest is part of the equation for him as it would be for anybody,” Garrett said.

Austin played last week against the Washington Redskins but did not have a catch after missing the previous two games. Austin ran some routes off to the side as the offense worked.

Defensive end DeMarcus Ware (quadriceps), defensive end Edgar Jones (groin), linebacker DeVonte Holloman (neck) and running backs DeMarco Murray (knee) and Lance Dunbar (hamstring) are not practicing.

Ware said he would be a game-time decision. Murray has held out hope he could play Sunday and was doing some running on the side during the portion of practice open to the media.

The Cowboys expect to fill their roster vacancy after practice. With Ware, George Selvie (shoulder) and Jason Hatcher (stinger) bothered by injury, defensive end Jason Vega would make the most sense to get called up from the practice squad.

So the excuse yesterday that they were just giving him a day off was just blowing smoke up our collective asses?

Cotton

Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Does that mean Ware and Murray are practicing? That would be surprising.

D

Deuce

What's happening with Holloman? I don't remember anyone getting hurt on special teams.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It might be simpler to just say who is practicing.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys might opt to rest Miles Austin

October, 21, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- If the Dallas Cowboys have a need for game-day roster flexibility, they could rest wide receiver Miles Austin, who has not had a catch in his two games since returning from a hamstring injury.

Austin suffered the injury in the third quarter of Dallas' Sept. 22 win against the St. Louis Rams and did not play against the San Diego Chargers andDenver Broncos. He has been targeted seven times in the past two games without a catch.

Austin did not practice Thursday or Friday because the Cowboys attempted to keep him fresh for Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles. Austin played in 37 of 77 snaps against the Eagles.

“We had a lot of injuries prior to the ballgame that allowed us to dress Miles regardless,” coach Jason Garrett said. “He warmed up well so we gave him a chance to play in the ballgame. I thought he did fine. He’s not quite himself. He really had a good start to the season, had some good explosiveness and quickness to him, and was productive for us. Then he tweaked his hamstring a couple of weeks ago and hasn’t been the same. We’ve got to make sure we get him healthy, and hopefully we can do that and have some other guys play for him until he’s ready to really roll.”

• Defensive end DeMarcus Ware did some running on Monday for the first time since straining his quadriceps against the Redskins on Oct. 13. He said he felt better as last week went on, but was never going to play against the Eagles.

Garrett said the hope is that Ware will be able to practice some this week and possibly play Sunday against the Detroit Lions.

• Running back DeMarco Murray is in the same boat with the sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee. Joseph Randle took over Murray’s duties and had 65 yards on 19 carries and caught three passes for 28 yards. Garrett said Lance Dunbar, who missed the last two games with a hamstring injury, should practice and be available this week against the Lions.

“DeMarco is our starter and has been our starter and will be our starter,” Garrett said. “He's played well for us, but we’ve got to get him healthy. We’ll see how he does the next few days. ... We’ll just kind of see what the health is and what the availability is as we go forward to figure out the rotation plan.”

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Nice.

Even if it's in a part time role, he can give us something.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am pretty comfortable with Randel. I indicated earlier that I felt he would do better than most thought and in my view he delivered an acceptable performance. I hope Murrry can play but I am ok with Randel for the most part..

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice.

Even if it's in a part time role, he can give us something.
It's good to hear that both Ware and Murray's injuries appear to be on the shorter side of their potential length of injury. Both guys had injuries that could have easily sidelined them 4 weeks according to reports. Glad to see both guys may be back as soon as the Lions game.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Looks like Austin was at practice but didn't participate.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wilcox will have an MRI on his knee. Heath likely will start.

Top Bottom