Cowboys sign Dez Bryant to 5 year deal

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My REAL fear isn't not having Dez. My REAL fear is he will be forced to play unhappily under the tag, and develop the chronic hammy or other such fake soft tissue injury that can't be x-rayed, like Austin did. I would rather not have him at all if this turns out to be the case.
That makes zero sense.

So, because Austin gold-bricked it, Bryant will too?

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
And maybe. But the mature thing to do would be to just let it play out.

He just mashed the gas in the game of chicken.

Again, not faulting him. Just tough to condone completely either.
And to me, making good on that threat is to his own detriment. Especially if i am right, we do okay and manage to even win the games he's sitting out of.

I see no win at all in him holding out.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
That makes zero sense.

So, because Austin gold-bricked it, Bryant will too?
No, Man. I am saying that's my fear. Not predicting it will actually happen. But Austin's two year chronic hammy just magically vanished, when he got his money.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Main difference is, Emmitt had just won a Soup Bow and led the league in rushing and Jerry lowballed him.

That thing about winning the Soup Bow, kinda makes a big difference one would think. But Jerruh thought just anyone could run behind the great Wall, just like he thought 100 other guys could coach the team to moar Soup Bows.
Soup Bow?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Do people really think it is that unreasonable to believe that Tony Romo would still throw for 300+ yards a game, still find targets, and still be successful without Dez?
:lol

Good god. This again.

Cotton

Staff member
Without Dez all of our tendencies go out the window. Opponents will be facing basically a entirely new offense, with no film on it. Can be a good thing, can also be a bad thing. I think it is reasonable to believe Tony will do what he always has. If they think they can just pin their ears back and come pall mall after Tony, I'd like to see them try that.
So, Tony has made every receiver he has ever had great. Got it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, on the bright side all of our windows should soon be sparkling clean.

Cotton

Staff member
Hopefully we won't have to find out, right? But I for one ain't skeered if we do.
And that's what makes you an idiot. It scares me to death thinking about losing Dez for even one game let alone multiple games.

Cotton

Staff member
They coulda been great with Weeden. Right? :lol

Where did I say Tony would make anyone suddenly great?
Well, you said he would still get his normal numbers without Dez. Either Romo is a magician, or Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley would suddenly become Dez level with Romo's help. So, either Romo way is a god, or Williams and Beasley are just as good as Dez.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
Well, you said he would still get his normal numbers without Dez.
I did? 300+ ypg? Like he's always done?

You don't realize that without Dez we would very likely be spreading the ball around more, and all of our tendencies would be out the window?

Which do you fear more: No Dez? Or no Tony?

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
Here's the difference between me, and you all. I think your position is reasonable even though I don't agree with it. You all think my position is unreasonable.

I believe both positions are reasonable.

data

Forbes #1
Do people really think it is that unreasonable to believe that Tony Romo would still throw for 300+ yards a game, still find targets, and still be successful without Dez?
I think Romo will struggle. The first month of 2009. Romo struggled with Roy Williams as the lead WR and our offense was going down the shitter until Miles Austin emerged. The counterargument is that Romo caused Miles Austin to emerge and did it again with Laurent Robinson in 2011 when Miles Austin's poosay exposed itself.

This year, though, without Dez and an aging Witten, do we think bad-back Romo can make it happen again with Beasley, Williams, Street?

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
This year, though, without Dez and an aging Witten, do we think bad-back Romo can make it happen again with Beasley, Williams, Street?
I think we all hope we never have to find that out.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So now the story is that Romo can just roll out of bed and throw for 300 yards, regardless of who is lining up at WR? Last year at this time, he was saying Romo was a washed up bum who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Now he's talking about fearing if there is no Romo, but last year was saying he should be cut...

Hey, did you guys know that all we have to do is sweep the division and we win the division? 6-10 division winners. Hell, he even said that depending on which games the other teams win, we could win the division with a 4-12 record. Just a little FYI about the mental midget we're dealing with here.

Top Bottom