Mayock's updated position-by-position draft prospect rankings

D

Deuce

More value than Bernanrd? Sure. But maybe not more value than another RB. Monte Ball is someone I would jump at in the 3rd.

Carp

DCC 4Life
To take a guy like Bernard you are probably going to have to spend a 2nd on him. I'd rather have a guy like Warford in the 2nd...then take Jamison in the 5th.

Carp

DCC 4Life
More value than Bernanrd? Sure. But maybe not more value than another RB. Monte Ball is someone I would jump at in the 3rd.
Are Ball and Bernard that much better than Jamison, Gillislee, Bell, and Taylor? No. The constant mantra around here has been that no RB will do well behind our shitty OL, now we are going to pass on opportunites to really help to OL so we can draft a RB? He'll still be running behind that shitty line.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we are going to draft a RB because of Murray's propensity to get hurt, why would we draft another guy who has significant injury problems?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would be disappointed if I can't find a better player in the 2nd than Bernard, but I would recognize that he's a very talented player. But I would think a player like Pugh or Barrett Jones would be better both in terms of value and as a better fit.

But by time you get to the third, what are you looking at? Shamarko Thomas? Brian Winters? TJ McDonald? As best case scenarios, some of those guys.

I would take Bernard there no questions.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I would take Schwenke at that point...then address RB later.

D

Deuce

I would be disappointed if I can't find a better player in the 2nd than Bernard, but I would recognize that he's a very talented player. But I would think a player like Pugh or Barrett Jones would be better both in terms of value and as a better fit.

But by time you get to the third, what are you looking at? Shamarko Thomas? Brian Winters? TJ McDonald? As best case scenarios, some of those guys.

I would take Bernard there no questions.
I would take Sweringer over Bernard.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I'm not all hells ayuh mfer Maurice Clarett-style over Bernard, but I think he's a very good back. If we spent a third on him I wouldn't complain is all I'm saying.

Clarett, Felix... I think that's all we need to know about your RB evaluation skills.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Clarett, Felix... I think that's all we need to know about your RB evaluation skills.
Please, the majority of the people on this board liked Felix Jones.

If you are going for the RB slam at least get it right and name drop Troy Hambrick.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Let's move past Hambrick please. :tippytoe

D

Deuce

Please, the majority of the people on this board liked Felix Jones.

If you are going for the RB slam at least get it right and name drop Troy Hambrick.
Was it the majority? I thought it was pretty even between Felix and the superior Mendenhall.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think Felix was more popular...we had MBIII at the time and it looked like a duplication of efforts there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember Felix being a guy that sbk pushed really hard and thus a number of people on this board followed suit. I would say by draft time the majority of people on the board wanted Felix over Mendenhall. I wanted Mendenhall if we were so dead set on a RB and I was definitely in the minority.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I remember Felix being a guy that sbk pushed really hard and thus a number of people on this board followed suit. I would say by draft time the majority of people on the board wanted Felix over Mendenhall. I wanted Mendenhall if we were so dead set on a RB and I was definitely in the minority.
I would say it was a majority as well. And even if not, it was not as if any of the other people are better off having backed Mendenhall.

Plus frankly I would have been happy with either Mendenhall or Felix Jones, it's not like most of us were strongly one camp or the other.

Carl

RIP Brother
Mayock is a bullshitter. And why does he giggle like a girl every time he is on TV.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We had the same preference. I wanted Mendenhall as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If we are going to draft a RB because of Murray's propensity to get hurt, why would we draft another guy who has significant injury problems?
Bernard has been characterized as a soft china doll bitch.

No wikey.

Top Bottom