MacMahon: For change, Cowboys enjoy homefield advantage

Carp

DCC 4Life
ARLINGTON, Texas -- How ‘bout that homefield advantage?

For the first time this season, it didn’t feel like a bowl game when the Dallas Cowboys played at home.

Sure, there were some New York Giants fans sprinkled into the crowd of 91,028 at AT&T Stadium. But it was nothing like the previous few home crowds for the Cowboys, when hordes of folks wearing San Francisco 49ers red, New Orleans Saints black and gold, and the blue and red of the Houston Texans made themselves at home in the $1.2 billion stadium.

Dallas definitely didn’t have to use a silent count, as was the case during their overtime win against the Texans earlier this month. In fact, the home crowd was actually a factor in causing a couple of false starts by the Giants.

“I think this was as fine an hour for our crowd that we've had,” owner Jerry Jones said.

Several Cowboys, including quarterback Tony Romo and tight end Jason Witten, had made a point to publicly request that season-ticket holders stop selling their seats to opposing fans.

Perhaps that played a role in the Cowboys enjoying a true homefield advantage for the first time all season. More likely, it was the fact that the Cowboys had given their fans reason to be excited, beating the defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks last week to enter this game tied for the NFL’s best record.

Whatever the reasons might be, the Cowboys appreciated the support.

“It was outstanding out there,” Romo said. “We have such a strong contingent of fans across America, and obviously here they showed that today. They were a big part of that win, and I think that is going to continue at home. It felt a lot like what Seattle had up there, so that is pretty big.”

Added coach Jason Garrett: “We certainly appreciate our crowd, and we’re working hard every day to give them the best product that we can.”

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think this is only going to get better and better as the season goes on being as we have a very good team that people are going to want to see now.

We really need them out in full force for that Eagles game on Thanksgiving.

Top Bottom