Cowboys Injury Update Thread...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
A part of me is glad Ratliff is doing this.

Jerry needs this. Maybe one day he'll think long and hard before deciding to hand declining players contract extensions.
Exactly.

It is unbelievable how they've let this guy hold them hostage and get away with so damn much.

What makes it even worse is that we've tolerated all this from a player who hasn't done shit on the field since 2009.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I asking what the reason is...not what Tafoya said. You don't have the answer.
Jones obviously has some indication and that is from the horses mouth. He makes the call. If I had to speculate as to the reason, I would say that Ratliff is either a physical wreck or a goldbricker Either way Jones wants him to play and he can not or will not. What's really left.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am looking for the actual reason, but thanks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am looking for the actual reason, but thanks.
Likely no one will ever know the truth. It seems conclusive however that he will not see the Cowboys locker room again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jason Hatcher: DeMarcus Ware is going to be out a couple of weeks, ‘but his spirits are lifted’

By Jon Machota
jmachota@dallasnews.com
7:33 pm on October 14, 2013 |

IRVING – It’s looking more and more like the Dallas Cowboys will be without veteran defensive end DeMarcus Ware for this Sunday’s game in Philadelphia and possibly longer.

Without Ware, Jason Hatcher leads a Cowboys starting defensive line group that will likely include George Selvie and Kyle Wilber on the ends and Nick Hayden at the other defensive tackle position.

“It’s going to be a major blow losing a guy like Weezy,” Hatcher said. “But we got great guys, young guys coming in. Wilber had the game of his life last night, so we’re confident we’ll hold it down until he gets back.”

Hatcher said Ware talked to the team on Monday and said the seven-time Pro Bowler was in a good mood.

“He’s going to be out a couple of weeks, but his spirits are lifted,” Hatcher said. “He’s going to be OK. He’s ready to get back and try to speed these two weeks, three weeks, whatever he’s got, speed it up and get back on the field. But we’ll hold it down until he gets back.”

Ware, who has never missed a game in his nine seasons with the Cowboys, strained his right quad in the first half of Sunday night’s 31-16 victory over Washington.
-------------

Sorry, but the Weezy nickname just cracks me up...partially because it fits.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

So, it's Randle and Tanner.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

So, it's Randle and Tanner.
Damnit.

Dunbar is the only other back after Murray on the roster with any type of real ability.

We needed him for this one.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Damnit.

Dunbar is the only other back after Murray on the roster with any type of real ability.

I'm surprised they're even considering him. Hamstrings take forever to heal and are very easy to re-injure.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think they were really in Randle's head about not fumbling...I think that with a little more leash he might be alright.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Damnit.

Don't worry. We're not missing much.

They'd have probably only called 15 runs plays even with a healthy Murray and Dunbar.

Just be prepared for the normal pass heavy game plan.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't worry. We're not missing much.

They'd have probably only called 15 runs plays even with a healthy Murray and Dunbar.

Just be prepared for the normal pass heavy game plan.

I agree, everyone that wants to use a premium pick on a RB is crazy. Even if we have a great one we won't use him effectively. Plus there is a high risk of getting the next Richardson, Felix Jones, Mendenhall, Ingram, or Beanie Wells. If it were up to me I would never use a premium pick on a RB, especially with our pass happy offense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Practice report: Ware, Murray, Dunbar out; Selvie working on the side

Defensive end George Selvie (shoulder) was working on the side during Wednesday's practice, while defensive tackle Jason Hatcher, who has been battling stingers, was not dressed in pads for a full practice likely meaning he will be limited.

Defensive end DeMarcus Ware (quadriceps) and running back DeMarco Murray (knee) were not at practice, which was not a surprise since neither is expected to play this week. Running back Lance Dunbar (hamstring) was not at practice either and is expected to miss another week.

Defensive end Edgar Jones (groin) was not practicing.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think they were really in Randle's head about not fumbling...I think that with a little more leash he might be alright.
What has happened to Tanner? Why his fall from grace?

p1_

DCC 4Life
A part of me is glad Ratliff is doing this.

Jerry needs this. Maybe one day he'll think long and hard before deciding to hand declining players contract extensions.
We should be so lucky that Jerry should ever learn from his own stupid history.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
DeMarco Murray is preparing to play Sunday

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray said he's hoping to play in Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles despite a sprained left knee.

"I am preparing like I am playing this week, the way I'm preparing mentally in the classroom, physically on the field," Murray said after Wednesday's practice. "I am running, doing some good things with [trainer] Britt [Brown]. We haven't said which way, what we're going to do yet. I think it all depends on how comfortable I am. We were able to do some things today and it felt good."

Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said it's possible Murray could miss Sunday's game and return the following week when the Cowboys visit the Detroit Lions.

"I don't know what's been said," Murray said when told about Jones' comments. "But my intentions are to just work hard and possibly do everything I can to play this week. Is that going to happen? I don't know. I am not saying one way or another. But we had a good day (Wednesday) and I am going to continue to do what the trainers tell me to do. We'll see what happens later in the week."

The Cowboys had five injured defensive players on Wednesday's practice report.

The biggest name on the list is defensive end DeMarcus Ware, who didn't practice because of a thigh injury. Also, defensive end George Selvie missed practice with a shoulder injury, though he did some rehab work with the strength and conditioning staff. Defensive end Edgar Jones (groin) also missed practice.

Defensive tackle Jason Hatcher (neck) and linebacker DeVonte Holloman (neck) were limited in practice, as well, though each is expected to play against the Eagles.

On offense, wide receivers Miles Austin and Dwayne Harris were full participants in practice despite hamstring injuries.

Running back Lance Dunbar missed practice with a hamstring injury, but said he did some running on Wednesday. Dunbar isn't expected back until next week.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That would be a pleasant surprise if he could go on Sunday.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That would be a pleasant surprise if he could go on Sunday.
If he does he will not be very effective unless the information initially given about having a knee sprain was in error.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This is the most important game of the year so far so it'd be nice to see him gut it out and play effectively.

Top Bottom