Machota: Stephen Jones - This Cowboys season ‘is the beginning of something special’

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Stephen Jones: This Dallas Cowboys season ‘is the beginning of something special’

By Jon Machota
jmachota@dallasnews.com
7:42 pm on December 6, 2013 |

The Dallas Cowboys have been often criticized in recent years for what is perceived to be a lack of leadership in the team’s locker room. As expected, the Cowboys have disagreed with the assumption.

That criticism hasn’t been mentioned often this season and that could have something to do with the chemistry this group possesses.

“I go all the way back to training camp,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Friday on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “You take the Sean Lees and the Tony Romos and the Jason Wittens and Jason Hatchers, I really think they’ve taken leadership and really taken accountability for the direction of the team.

“More than all of those things, I think that Coach Jason Garrett has done a heck of a job of instilling a culture, taking accountability, really expecting to win (instead) of thinking the worst when things are not going our way. I just think he’s done a great job with that.

“I think we really have a foundation to build upon. We’ve got a lot of young players coming, a lot of young draft picks this year playing in their first year. I really think this is the beginning of something special.”

These final four regular season games could go a long way in supporting Jones’ comments. It would be difficult to disagree with the owner’s son if the Cowboys are able to win at least two more games, finish with a winning record and earn their first division crown in four years.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hostile just jizzed all over himself reading that.

Good luck getting that image out of your mind.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Stephen Jones: This Dallas Cowboys season ‘is the beginning of something special’

By Jon Machota
jmachota@dallasnews.com
7:42 pm on December 6, 2013 |

The Dallas Cowboys have been often criticized in recent years for what is perceived to be a lack of leadership in the team’s locker room. As expected, the Cowboys have disagreed with the assumption.

That criticism hasn’t been mentioned often this season and that could have something to do with the chemistry this group possesses.

“I go all the way back to training camp,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Friday on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “You take the Sean Lees and the Tony Romos and the Jason Wittens and Jason Hatchers, I really think they’ve taken leadership and really taken accountability for the direction of the team.

“More than all of those things, I think that Coach Jason Garrett has done a heck of a job of instilling a culture, taking accountability, really expecting to win (instead) of thinking the worst when things are not going our way. I just think he’s done a great job with that.

“I think we really have a foundation to build upon. We’ve got a lot of young players coming, a lot of young draft picks this year playing in their first year. I really think this is the beginning of something special.”

These final four regular season games could go a long way in supporting Jones’ comments. It would be difficult to disagree with the owner’s son if the Cowboys are able to win at least two more games, finish with a winning record and earn their first division crown in four years.
Every single one of those people and reasons he said could have been said last year and the year before. It's suddenly different now?

jester

Brand New Member
The journeyman FB that was just signed said he feels "something special" about this team. He was all articulate and stuff so I want to believe he knows what he's talking about. This just solidifies it for me.

Top Bottom