2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I know there was one that tried to go to Oklahoma but Texas Tech blocked it.
That's true but you can walk on anywhere even if you are blocked. He's blocked.

That is pretty much the case a ywhere in conference. Any coach with a brain blocks in conference transfers.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Remember when Rutgers lost 13 commitments in one season because our coach is below average and didnt sign a new Offensive or Defensive coordinator until 3 days before signing day? Yea that was awesome.

What? You dont even know who Rutgers is? OK, i'll move along

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I know there was one that tried to go to Oklahoma but Texas Tech blocked it.
My understanding is that they enforced the 2 year sit rule. A player can appeal to the school he is leaving, and if they approve it, he doesn't have to sit 2 years, just one. But, since Tech denied his appeal, he would have to sit 2 years if he transfers in conference.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Remember when Rutgers lost 13 commitments in one season because our coach is below average and didnt sign a new Offensive or Defensive coordinator until 3 days before signing day? Yea that was awesome.

What? You dont even know who Rutgers is? OK, i'll move along
Who is your coach since Schiano left?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Reports are circulating that longtime NFL assistant coach John Garrett will be the next offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at Oregon State.

Garrett, 48, spent 2013 as the receivers coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He is the brother of Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett.

Garrett played in the NFL for Cincinnati, Dallas and Buffalo and played for Mike Riley on the San Antonio Riders of the World League of American Football in 1991.

Garrett was an assistant coach at Cincinnati, Arizona, Dallas and Tampa Bay in the NFL and at the University of Virginia.

He has coached receivers, quarterbacks and tight ends as well as serving as a general offensive assistant. He has also been a pro personnel assistant and a scout.

There is also an open spot for a tight ends coach at OSU with the departure of graduate assistant Kyle DeVan to USC.

While Riley is working on filling some openings, another might pop up.

Oklahoma State has contacted offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh about a similar opening with their staff.

Joe Wickline left Stillwater to become the new offense coordinator at Texas.

Cavanaugh could be a good fit for the Cowboys because of his coaching abilities and his experience recruiting Oklahoma for the Beavers.

Cavanaugh had a chance to go to USC last season under Lane Kiffin but stayed at OSU.

Salary level might be a factor in Cavanaugh’s decision. He was paid $238,008 in 2013, fifth on the staff behind Mike Riley, defensive coordinator Mark Banker ($490,008), special teams coach Bruce Read ($305,000) and former offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Danny Langsdorf ($280,008).

Oklahoma State was able to pay Wickline $462,000 last year.
--------------------

Idiots.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Riley is their real OC and QB coach. This is just in title only.
I am just amazed a complete dork like John Garrett can continue to get employed, even if it is an empty title. It just goes to show you how much nepotism there is. Riley used to coach all three of the Garrett spawn when he was the San Antonio Riders' coach in the WLAF.

D

Deuce

I am just amazed a complete dork like John Garrett can continue to get employed, even if it is an empty title. It just goes to show you how much nepotism there is. Riley used to coach all three of the Garrett spawn when he was the San Antonio Riders' coach in the WLAF.
There it is. I was wondering where th connection was that Reilly would give a useless job to this bum. Now it makes sense.

gator

Brand New Member
So Jameis Winston is coming out of the bullpen for the FSU baseball team this season. He's got superstar NFL potential and he's a middling MLB prospect. I can't figure out why he's risking an arm injury pitching when he's a first round lock and potential #1 overall NFL draft pick. I think it's the height of stupidity.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
If you get a chance, check out what A&M is doing to renovate Kyle Field.

That's gotta be one of the coolest looking stadiums this side of the new one at Baylor.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Thankfully cause that place has always been butt ugly. The Aggroids have that place really moving forward. They are finally making the entire program what it shoukd have been for years. Go take a look at their 15' recruiting class already. :hawfap

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The number one dual threat QB in the country just committed to Texas Tech.

SON-OF-A!

Cotton

Staff member
The number one dual threat QB in the country just committed to Texas Tech.

SON-OF-A!
Why are you mad? You think it will change Kliffs strategy? Not likely.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Buuuttttt back to the point...Tech just got a commitment from the #1 dual thread QB in the country.

Very soon we will get one of the top DT prospects as well.

Yessss

D

Deuce

Huge gets, congrats. Too bad the ink won't be dry for 11 months.

An early signing period seems to be gaining a lot of steam. I love that basketball has it and it would be great in football too.

Cotton

Staff member
Why would I be upset about pulling this kid in? I'm absolutely pleased.
Well, normally when someone says "SON-OF-A!" they are upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom