Eatman: Pointing To Depth Of Draft, Jones Hints At Possible Trades

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Seriously though...the bright shiny things Teh J would move up for I would guess is Ansah, Lotulelei, or Lane Johnson.
I think Teh Jerruh would be more Ansah, Austin maybe Lotulei.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What if it is pick 16 & Warmack or Cooper is still available? What if the price to move in that scenario is #18 plus our 3rd for #16 and their 4th (or a similar deal). I think it'd be worth it.

D

Deuce

It would absolutely be worth it. It's essentially a trade down in the 3rd round to secure an elite prospect.

No brainer.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What if it is pick 16 & Warmack or Cooper is still available? What if the price to move in that scenario is #18 plus our 3rd for #16 and their 4th (or a similar deal). I think it'd be worth it.
Yeah, I pull the trigger there because I'm not losing a pick.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
For Warmack I would. Cooper probably not. I know the experts rank them closely but to me they are in two separate tiers in this draft.
You're crazy.

Cotton

Staff member
They are not on separate tiers, IMO. I think they are pretty close to each other. I think it goes Warmack/Cooper and then second tier.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are not on separate tiers, IMO. I think they are pretty close to each other. I think it goes Warmack/Cooper and then second tier.
To me Warmack is in that elite talent. One of the best guard prospects I can remember in the last decade. Cooper is the type of guard you see in every draft. Still a first round draft pick in his own right but he isn't what I would classify as truly elite.

Cotton

Staff member
I disagree. I will leave it at that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would agree that Warmack is a cut above Cooper in terms of dominance at the guard position.

Jiggyfly

Banned
To me Warmack is in that elite talent. One of the best guard prospects I can remember in the last decade. Cooper is the type of guard you see in every draft. Still a first round draft pick in his own right but he isn't what I would classify as truly elite.
So in every draft there is a guard who is a consensus top 15 pick?

Cooper is an elite Talent in any draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would agree that Warmack is a cut above Cooper in terms of dominance at the guard position.
Dominance? As in who is capable of taking a guy out? Warmack would win a bar fight...that's the guy I take.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So in every draft there is a guard who is a consensus top 15 pick?

Cooper is an elite Talent in any draft.
Sure, but so is Warmack. Pick your poison. Finesse or power.

I take the strong guy every time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You are downing Cooper.

But I will say this...I do think people are going overboard with Cooper moreso than Warmack because of his athleticism.

Different kinds of players. But to call Cooper a dominant guard is a bit of a stretch. I don't know if he has the right makeup to be that 10 year grinder that most of the good ones are.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sure, but so is Warmack. Pick your poison. Finesse or power.

I take the strong guy every time.
Cooper had 35 reps at combine and led NC every year in knockdown blocks, 41 last year.

Just because you are a great athlete does not mean your weak, he reminds me a lot of Randal Mcdaniel

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Randall McDaniel was somewhat overrated compared with the hype over his career, but even so he was a stud. He always made pro bowls, but I didn't see him as a difference-maker.

Warmack is less powerful than Larry Allen, but he moves like Will Shields. I take that guy even if I have to trade up to do it. Cooper I draft if he falls to me, but I don't expect an extra special player.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You are downing Cooper.

But I will say this...I do think people are going overboard with Cooper moreso than Warmack because of his athleticism.

Different kinds of players. But to call Cooper a do>minant guard is a bit of a stretch. I don't know if he has the right makeup to be that 10 year grinder that most of the good ones are.
Why is it a stretch?

Read this, he sounds like he is a FOOTBALL PLAYA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-50-north-carolina-og-jonathan-cooper-020745384--nfl.html;_ylt=A2KJjajXenhR8FAAzbBNbK5_

Top Bottom