User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet/Fitness Thread

No matter what exercises I do I can not lose weight in my fingers. Believe me, I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    No matter what exercises I do I can not lose weight in my fingers. Believe me, I tried.
    You could always try a super set of GFY.

I don't know if that is an insult or an invitation to enjoy myself.

Oh well...

~unzipped pants~

No insult, amigo...I'm here for you and would like to see you follow through with your ambition of not being fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post
    I have lost 60 lbs and gained significant muscle mass in the last year. Some tips:

Up your protein/carb intake ratio while lowering overall calories.
    Don't weigh yourself, especially not daily. Go by how healthy you feel and how your clothes fit to gauge progress.
    Don't just condition--lift. The process of gaining and maintaining muscle eats up calories.
    Don't follow "diets." Diets end. Diets make you feel like shit if you give in and have a cookie. Just make healthier choices.
    This basically sums up what I was about to say, I'd also suggest eating small amounts of food consistently throughout the day. You can have your 3 meals but make sure to mix in healthy snacks like fresh or dried fruit, any kind of veggies, nuts, trail mix, yogurt, egg whites, hummus, etc., there are a million options.

It's all about staying consistent with a healthy diet and workout schedule that is sustainable.

My mom is 52 and has lost 20 lbs in the last 2 months basically by just doing light 30-45 minutes of cardio about 4-5 times a week and creating a sustainable diet where she snacks on stuff like I listed above and replaced starches like white rice/pasta, etc. with vegetables like eggplant or cabbage. There's no crazy diet, just eating healthier, exercising a bit more and sticking with it.

It's tough at first which is why for alot of people it's a process, they can't just go one day from eating hamburgers and pizza all the time to eating nothing but fish, chicken, vegetables and fruit but you just have to start with something, stick with it and over time you get used to it and continue cutting out more junk food and/or increasing how much you exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    This basically sums up what I was about to say, I'd also suggest eating small amounts of food consistently throughout the day. You can have your 3 meals but make sure to mix in healthy snacks like fresh or dried fruit, any kind of veggies, nuts, trail mix, yogurt, egg whites, hummus, etc., there are a million options.

It's all about staying consistent with a healthy diet and workout schedule that is sustainable.

My mom is 52 and has lost 20 lbs in the last 2 months basically by just doing light 30-45 minutes of cardio about 4-5 times a week and creating a sustainable diet where she snacks on stuff like I listed above and replaced starches like white rice/pasta, etc. with vegetables like eggplant or cabbage. There's no crazy diet, just eating healthier, exercising a bit more and sticking with it.

It's tough at first which is why for alot of people it's a process, they can't just go one day from eating hamburgers and pizza all the time to eating nothing but fish, chicken, vegetables and fruit but you just have to start with something, stick with it and over time you get used to it and continue cutting out more junk food and/or increasing how much you exercise.
    Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    it's a process

Pics or GTFO

I had a monster sandwich for lunch and I'm going to a huge spaghetti dinner at my mom's tonight.

Later, fatties.

Nice, I threw those in for you guys, knew somebody would pick them out.