2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone seen Townsend... What's the emergency board plan to check on our members?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This is such a weird feeling. I'm not happy or hopeful and the Republican party is fully in control. 15 years ago I would have peed my pants with excitment.

The only positive - maybe our country will move away from PC language and we can have plain conversations now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Democrats worse Chicken Littles than people here after a Cowboys loss. Trump winning isn't a vote against women or colored people, it's more of an FU to the establishment. This can be good for women and colored people, too.
A gay cousin of mine hit the roof last night. Like, "Me and my partner are probably going to have to leave the country because our human rights are about to be taken from us". I was dumb enough to comment on it, and got lambasted by the rainbow coalition.

Cotton

Staff member
When you get told year after year that you're a racist if you don't vote the right way, you hate women if you don't vote the right way, that the Hillary Clintons of the world represent the working class' interests... You say you're worried because your way of life is disappearing, and get told that you're just mad because minorities are gaining rights...

I still don't get Trump as the face of the backlash, but I get the backlash.
Absolutely. Not to be all dramatic, but this is as close to a revolution as we (the people currently alive) have ever seen in this country.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is such a weird feeling. I'm not happy or hopeful and the Republican party is fully in control. 15 years ago I would have peed my pants with excitment.

The only positive - maybe our country will move away from PC language and we can have plain conversations now.
I'm sort of enjoying all the people freaking out. But I think it's just because there was so much Clinton hubris.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A gay cousin of mine hit the roof last night. Like, "Me and my partner are probably going to have to leave the country because our human rights are about to be taken from us". I was dumb enough to comment on it, and got lambasted by the rainbow coalition.
:lol

Same goes for movie stars, activists and ultra-liberals.

Trump isn't going to follow up with half his bluster. He just talked big to get the hillbilly vote.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
In other news, California's keeping the death penalty. Thank God. Now if we'd only use it once in a blue moon....Chargers not getting their stadium funding.
Cali also legalized weed.

Cotton

Staff member
I never thought this was possible. What do I do now?
Just take comfort in the fact that it's not Hillary. Start there and work backwards.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
People who think gay marriage is going to be undone or that abortion is going to abolished are off their rocker. Things will be different under Trump and the Republican control but they aren't going to undo 50 years of social progress. The Republicans have a real chance to fix the economy here and I hope they don't drop the ball.

Cotton

Staff member

This is my biggest hope. Let's start having open and honest conversations on how we fix some of this shit. And, let's start with the corrupt political system as a whole. #draintheswamp

Cotton

Staff member
People who think gay marriage is going to be undone or that abortion is going to abolished are off their rocker. Things will be different under Trump and the Republican control but they aren't going to undo 50 years of social progress. The Republicans have a real chance to fix the economy here and I hope they don't drop the ball.
Apparently, I'm an ignorant bigot for suggesting that this won't affect their lifestyles.

Cotton

Staff member
Hey, Mike? Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike. Do you know what day it is? Trump DAY!!!!! Yeah!!!

:tippytoe

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Two terrible candidates neither of which belonged anywhere near the presidential seat.

I cannot believe this country voted for Donald Trump to be president.

I thought Arnie getting voted as governor of California was the low, but the stupidity of the American people never ceases to amaze me.

Clinton is a lying scumbag who I'm glad isn't in, but I don't see how anyone can really take any joy in Trump being in there.

I mean, this a man who you wouldn't dare allow to be the teacher of your 5th grade daughter.

This is a man who you couldn't fathom being a leader of any kind for your adolescent son.

If he was a co-worker, he'd be the guy you'd avoid as much as possible.

If he were your wife's boss, you'd want to her to get the hell out of there ASAP.

If he were married to family, he'd be the guy you'd try to keep away from family gatherings from because you wouldn't want him to embarrass you.

But to be president? It's all overlooked because people are so adamant about fulfilling their agendas.

Why didn't those stupid Democrats put their support behind Bernie? Fricking morons.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I can't wait too see the look on the face of my mother-in-law. She's a hardcore liberal Democrat. My brother-in-law is a wealthy president of an oilfield investment bank. He loves to get under my mother-in-laws skin politically.

Thanksgiving will be entertaining for sure. I bark orders at my wife and then slap her on her ass just to see my mother-in-law's feminism get inflamed. My wife thinks it is hilarious.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently, I'm an ignorant bigot for suggesting that this won't affect their lifestyles.
There are a lot of really sensitive Liberals who are ultra hurt today. They are ready to lash out at anyone that suggests this isn't the end of the world. It's crazy to me that someone has actually been able to convince a segment of the population gay marriage is going to end if the Republicans win. Some people really can be convinced of anything. Both parties in this election took advantage of the fears of the people, just different groups of people.

Cotton

Staff member
There are a lot of really sensitive Liberals who are ultra hurt today. They are ready to lash out at anyone that suggests this isn't the end of the world. It's crazy to me that someone has actually been able to convince a segment of the population gay marriage is going to end if the Republicans win. Some people really can be convinced of anything. Both parties in this election took advantage of the fears of the people, just different groups of people.
Oh no, you don't understand. He wasn't just suggesting their just marriage was going to go away. He was suggesting that there would be a segment of the gay population that would actually lose their jobs. And, then when I said "Your people are not going to lose your jobs" all hell broke loose. Yeah, probably should have worded that a little different. :unsure

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh no, you don't understand. He wasn't just suggesting their just marriage was going to go away. He was suggesting that there would be a segment of the gay population that would actually lose their jobs. And, then when I said "Your people are not going to lose your jobs" all hell broke loose. Yeah, probably should have worded that a little different. :unsure
You People!!!!!!

What do you mean, you people. But yeah it's ridiculous. I must have missed the massive amount of hate Trump spewed against the gay community. Crazy how the political process feeds on paranoia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom