PFT: Tisch jokes about Ebola in Dallas

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tisch jokes about Ebola in Dallas

Posted by Mike Florio on October 2, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT

At a time when Giants co-owner John Mara is overseeing the investigation sparked by the release of the Ray Rice video, Giants co-owner Steve Tisch is holding court with the company that released it.

In his latest on-camera chat with TMZ, Tisch jokes about the Ebola situation in Dallas, where the Giants will be traveling for an October 19 game.

“I think the Cowboys are going to get it first,” Tisch said, via Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. “So it’s to our advantage.”

Asked whether the Giants will take any precautions when visiting Dallas, Tisch again answered with a joke.

“I think the odds are greater that Jerry Jones . . . where am I going with this?” Tisch said.

“That Jerry Jones wins the Super Bowl this year?” the TMZ reported replied.

“Yeah,” Tisch said. “Thank you. I’m going to put it on you.”

While it appears that the Ebola virus has been contained in Dallas, the ongoing threat of an outbreak coupled with the high mortality rate makes it a delicate topic when it comes to cracking jokes.

Besides, why gratuitously rile up the Cowboys? They’re currently 3-1, a game ahead of the Giants in the NFC East.
------------------

I usually don't get pissed off about dumb shit like this, but this was flat out stupid.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, it's a pretty damn serious illness and just got introduced in our own backyard. Way too soon and lacking of any class at all.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, it's a pretty damn serious illness and just got introduced in our own backyard. Way too soon and lacking of any class at all.
Yeah, imagine if Jerry's stupid ass said it instead of this elitist dick Tisch?

Oh, there would be outrage.

dallen

Senior Tech
I don't generally associate the Giants with class. Casual fans might think so because they are in New York, but there isn't a more classless organization in the NFC.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't generally associate the Giants with class. Casual fans might think so because they are in New York, but there isn't a more classless organization in the NFC.
Maybe New Yorkers think they're above something like a 3rd world disease, but it just crept into the DC area. A densely populated multinational area like NYC full of illegal aliens is highly vulnerable to something like Ebola if you ask me.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I always thought Philly was a little bit worse until now.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I always thought Philly was a little bit worse until now.
Do you the Cowboys organization has any class? Maybe Rich Dalrymple... Our owner is getting blow jobs from strippers in bathrooms...

Then the Skins have Snyder and a racist mascot...

New York please...

Philly may be the best organization-wise although their fan base is completely classless...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Do you the Cowboys organization has any class? Maybe Rich Dalrymple... Our owner is getting blow jobs from strippers in bathrooms...

Then the Skins have Snyder and a racist mascot...

New York please...

Philly may be the best organization-wise although their fan base is completely classless...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Giants receive Ebola briefing

Posted by Mike Florio on October 16, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT

After Dallas became the first Ebola hot spot in the U.S., Giants co-owner Steve Tisch opted for jokes regarding his team’s upcoming visit to Texas.

“I think the Cowboys are going to get it first,” Tisch said. “So it’s to our advantage.”

Asked next whether the Giants will take any precautions when visiting Dallas, Tisch made a joke about the chances of the Giants getting Ebola are better than the chances of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones winning a Super Bowl this year.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, and the Cowboys seem to be legitimate contenders to win the Super Bowl. Which apparently has done more than enough to get the Giants worried about Ebola.

Via Paul Schwartz of the New York Post, the Giants have distributed information about the disease to players and staff.

“Our athletic trainers and team physicians have been briefed on the scope of the Ebola-virus disease,” Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon said via email. “We have distributed a fact sheet to our employees and distributed similar information to our players electronically.’’

Quarterback Eli Manning has no concern about anything other than the Dallas defense.

“I don’t worry about myself or the team,” Manning said Wednesday. “I think what we’re doing, where we’re staying, I think we’ll be OK.”

They should be fine, unless they decide to provide treatment to the two current Ebola patients who contracted the disease while caring for the guy who brought it back from West Africa. Of course, there’s little place for reasonable, logical thought in the narrow space between WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE! and ALL IS WELL!!!!!

Who knows what will happen with Ebola in the U.S.? For now, there’s no reason for the Giants to worry about it any more than they should worry about a fatal accident while getting from their homes in New York to their hotel in Texas.

Top Bottom