Music: The Music Quiz

hstour

Brand New Member
Here's something for you guys to try your hand at. The URL below will lead you to a music quiz that I put together some time ago. Each of the links on the page plays a portion of a song. See if you know any of them and post your answers.

(Yes, we all know that if you have a smartphone and Shazzam, it will give tell you who the musician/song is. Let's not, ruin the game for others).

If you enjoy this, I can make some more.

Music Quiz

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yucatan Potato Salad

Original recipe makes 8 servings

6 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed

2 fresh poblano chile peppers

3 hard cooked eggs, chopped

1/2 cup chopped celery

1/2 cup chopped white onion

3 medium sweet pickles, chopped

12 green olives, sliced

1/4 cup lime juice

1 cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 teaspoon mustard powder

PREP
15 mins

COOK
15 mins

READY IN
30 mins

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place the potatoes into a saucepan, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Place the peppers into the oven so that they sit directly on the rack. Roast, turning every 10 minutes or so, until evenly charred. Place in a paper bag to sweat, then remove the peel when they are cool enough to handle. Remove the stem and seeds, and chop.
3. In a large bowl, combine the still warm potatoes, peppers, eggs, celery, onion, sweet pickles and olives. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vegetable oil, salt, pepper and mustard powder. I like to use a high speed mixing wand to help it emulsify. Pour over the potato salad, and stir to coat. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
Kitchen-Friendly View

hstour

Brand New Member
Interesting recipe. I'll have to try it. Looks like shit though.....

dallen

Senior Tech
Yucatan Potato Salad

Original recipe makes 8 servings

6 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed

2 fresh poblano chile peppers

3 hard cooked eggs, chopped

1/2 cup chopped celery

1/2 cup chopped white onion

3 medium sweet pickles, chopped

12 green olives, sliced

1/4 cup lime juice

1 cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 teaspoon mustard powder

PREP
15 mins

COOK
15 mins

READY IN
30 mins

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place the potatoes into a saucepan, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Place the peppers into the oven so that they sit directly on the rack. Roast, turning every 10 minutes or so, until evenly charred. Place in a paper bag to sweat, then remove the peel when they are cool enough to handle. Remove the stem and seeds, and chop.
3. In a large bowl, combine the still warm potatoes, peppers, eggs, celery, onion, sweet pickles and olives. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vegetable oil, salt, pepper and mustard powder. I like to use a high speed mixing wand to help it emulsify. Pour over the potato salad, and stir to coat. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
Kitchen-Friendly View
My wife doesn't eat eggs. Is there something else I could substitute in their place?

Top Bottom