Revised Regular Season Predictions for 2014 Cowboys

Revised Regular Season Predictions for 2014 Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

data

Forbes #1
Optimism around the DCC is at a 3 year high with a 3-1 record following our ass-kicking of the Saints.

Here's your opportunity to revise your season predictions.

Reasons for the optimism:
1. Possibly the Cowboys are now committed to the run. Demarco Murray leads the NFL in rushing and on pace for 2,000+ yards and 400+ carries.

2. Possibly the defense is better with the resurgence of Rolando McClain and Demarcus Lawrence's and Anthony Spencer's return.

3. Possibly the Cowboys have eliminated the stupid penalties.

4. Morris Claiborne is out for the year.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'll stick with my original projection for now. If we get to 4-2 (or better) maybe then I'll re-think.

Still don't trust the defense.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Sticking with my prediction. If Murray gets hurt the wheels come off this bus.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Sticking with my prediction as well.

This Texans game is real important to this season's success. Win this game, and then I definitely have to revise my prediction.

However, it is what they do the following week vs Seattle (assuming they beat Houston) that will tell us just what their ceiling is for 2014.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think we win the division. We probably sneak by, but I think we are better than Philly of the Giants. If we stick with what we have done the last 6 quarters, I think we walk away with it. I predict 9-7 and the division.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Initially I said 6 or 7 wins.

I'll go 7 or 8 now since we're to a great start.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How are we going to know who was way off base if you can change you position as the season progresses?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm sure Phil kept a list of those that voted previously. Probably part of another poll later on.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I'll say 97 now. I think we still have some issues, but we are playing much better than I thought we would. Best team in the division right now.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
After seeing that Garrett is obviously being kept out of the loop on playcalling I'm upping my prediction to 8-8, but still miss the playoffs.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
10-6 or 11-5 and Division Champs. No team in this division is as good as Dallas and the AFC North is weak.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
10-6 or 11-5 and Division Champs. No team in this division is as good as Dallas and the AFC North is weak.
That's nice but what about the AFC South

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I will just stay with my original prediction hic I think was 10/6

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I originally predicted 10-6 just because I was annoyed with all the ridiculous pessimism and people claiming it was possible we may only win a few games. Now my prediction looks like a legitimate possibility so I will stick with it.

dallen

Senior Tech
I see no reason to change my prediction. They always look competent for a few games every season. They are going to have do a lot more than they have so far for me to start believing they can actually be competitive.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I see no reason to change my prediction. They always look competent for a few games every season. They are going to have do a lot more than they have so far for me to start believing they can actually be competitive.
I'm mainly looking at the competition. Dallas is vulnerable to big time QB-WR combos with running games solid enough to draw safeties.

Rodgers/Nelson could eat our lunch, as could Megatron/Stafford.

But we don't play either of them.

Outside of Cutler, Marshall, and Jeffrey with Forte the remaining offenses on our schedule are limited. Indianapolis can't run the ball, Seattle can't pass, the Giants have an average OL, and Philly has Foles. This is a similar schedule Seattle and SF rode to the playoffs last year.

Matchup wise Dallas has a shot to hang with if not outright beat everyone on its schedule.

They just have to stick with what's working and not be tempted to go pass-happy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Too much like a beaten wife to think that anything has changed.

Could start believing with a win tomorrow.

Win in Seattle I may revert to Full Metal Homer for the first time since 1996.

It would probably sicken you all.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Too much like a beaten wife to think that anything has changed.

Could start believing with a win tomorrow.

Win in Seattle I may revert to Full Metal Homer for the first time since 1996.

It would probably sicken you all.
This is my stance as well.

Top Bottom