Will Allen released

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Just heard it on the radio.

You mean another attempt to fill that void with a scrub didn't work? Shocking.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I wonder if that's to open up a roster spot for Ratliff or if they are planning on bringing in a DB.

superpunk

Banned
Or - veteran became expendable once Wilcox proved he could play at least at the same level. I realize it doesn't have the added bonus of being a pointless dig at the Cowboys front office but still.

D

Deuce

Or - veteran became expendable once Wilcox proved he could play at least at the same level. I realize it doesn't have the added bonus of being a pointless dig at the Cowboys front office but still.
Has Wilcox proven that? News to me.

superpunk

Banned
idk he didn't look any worse than Allen, might have made him expendable.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Matt Johnson

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
idk he didn't look any worse than Allen, might have made him expendable.
I think that's what happened. They saw they could save a few bucks by going with a comparable player who is cheaper and younger.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Matt Johnson
Fat chance.

Unfortunately we'll have to wait until 2014 to watch teh white Polamalu unleash his awesomeness on the league.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wonder if that's to open up a roster spot for Ratliff or if they are planning on bringing in a DB.

And I would be amazed if we see Ratliff play in a Cowboy uniform again.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Good. A well placed release is good for motivation of the rest of the roster.

Allen wasn't any good and we won't miss him. Added bonus that it sends the message that we are not happy with the defense and they better step it up or
more heads may roll.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys want to see young safeties, including Heath, Garrett says after release of Will Allen

Jason Garrett said the Cowboys want to see more of their young safeties, so that was one reason for cutting veteran Will Allen.

“J.J. Wilcox has been our starter for the last couple of weeks, and Jeff Heath has been a guy who has really emerged throughout training camp and the early part of this sason, so we want to give those guys an opportunity to play,” Garrett said Wednesday.

Wilcox has started the past three games and posted 17 tackles in that stretch, including nine against Denver last week. But he does not have a pass breakup.

Heath, an undrafted rookie, has not made a tackle in the regular defense. He recovered a muffed punt against the Giants in Week 1.

“We still have a veteran back there in Danny McCray, who has played for us in the past,” Garrett said. “We felt like a combination of all those things, trying to give those guys an opportunity, we felt it was the right time to do this.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol Danny McCray

Top Bottom