JJT: Mo Claiborne storms out of facility

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Mo Claiborne storms out of facility

Updated: September 23, 2014, 8:34 PM ET

By Jean-Jacques Taylor | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING -- Cornerback Morris Claiborne skipped the Dallas Cowboys' walk-through practice and angrily left the club's Valley Ranch training facility Tuesday after being informed that Orlando Scandrick was replacing him in the starting lineup, multiple sources said.

The Cowboys could fine Claiborne for missing the practice or conduct detrimental to the team. Claiborne has started two of the Cowboys three games amid Scandrick's 2-game suspension to start the season.

Claiborne's demotion came a few hours after Jerry Jones said on his weekly radio show that the third-year cornerback had not been worth the sixth pick of the 2012 in the draft, which Dallas moved up to acquire.

"Is he what we had hoped for at this point when we drafted him with the sixth overall pick, giving up the [second-round] pick to go up to the sixth pick to get him? No," Jones said on 105.3 The Fan. "But he's going to be a good player."

On Sunday, Claiborne allowed five receptions for 108 yards and a 51-yard touchdown pass as the St. Louis Rams took a 21-0 second-quarter lead before the Cowboys rallied to win 34-31. He also gave up a 38-yard catch and was penalized once for defensive holding.

Still, he made two of the game's biggest plays on St. Louis' final possession.

He pressured St. Louis quarterback Austin Davis into an incompletion, when he perfectly executed a corner blitz. And two plays later, he made a leaping interception to clinch the victory.

It was the third interception of his career.

But coach Jason Garrett refused to endorse Claiborne as the starter Monday.

"We'll evaluate them and see who can play best," Garrett said. "We'll do that again this week and determine how we play guys all throughout our roster."

After the game, Claiborne said he "stunk it up."

"Not in my eyes," Claiborne said, when asked if the interception erased his struggles. "It seemed to do that with everybody else. Not in my eyes.

"I'm ready to go learn from this tape and get better from it. Like I told the DBs, no matter what the outcome is I can't go out and play like that. If we want to be the No. 1 defense in the league, on my end, I can't go out like that."

Scandrick, who took Claiborne's job last season, likely would've been the starter when the season began if he hadn't been suspended for two games for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

The suspension was later reduced to two games after the league and the NFLPA agreed to a new policy.

Scandrick played well against the Rams, yielding just two catches for 25 yards. Scandrick started the game instead of Claiborne because of the formation St. Louis used.

Claiborne missed the entire preseason with knee and shoulder injuries.

Garrett has said he thinks Claiborne can be a good player.

"Mo was just in situations in (Sunday's) game where he was isolated by himself and they made good throws and catches against him," Garrett said. "His technique on each of those plays wasn't perfect and they had success for different reasons on each of those plays where he got beat, and he just needs to continue to learn and grow and develop as a player. "
------------

:lol

Well then.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Claiborne is a mentally weak bitch.

Scandrick is the better player, and right now it's not close. If Claiborne doesn't like that, then he needs to get better. Not storm out like an entitled little girl.

Hell, I think Moore is better right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Claiborne is a mentally weak bitch.
I would suspend him.

He's been afforded an infinite amount of patience from day one.

Coddled every preseason.

Now the first sign of the team actually saying earn your status, he storms off like a little cry baby?

F him.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
We can roll with Carr, Scandrick, Moore and Patmon. I'd just cut him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

He'll be completely out of the league in a year or two.

He's not a competitor. He wants things handed to him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol :towel

What a bitch. This guy has reached Greg Ellis/Roy Williams lows with me.

Get off my team, bitch.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Time to say good riddance.

Nice to hear PT Barnum actually telling the truth...Claiborne wasn't worth the goods to move up and nab him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Time to say good riddance.

Nice to hear PT Barnum actually telling the truth...Claiborne wasn't worth the goods to move up and nab him.
Jones' commentary was a little shocking.

I think this little idiot's reaction says a lot. He's probably amazed himself, he's probably like "why me", others have sucked out loud and never got demoted.

All I can say is they better deal with his ass harshly. Suspend him a game at minimum. And keep him suspended the entire year if I have to.

I wouldn't cut him though. That just gives the impression that you can storm off and do whatever you want and you get out.

I will say it again, F him.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Dude got a 4 on his Wonderlic. I know that a lot of people think that's meaningless for a CB and there are a lot of dumb guys who have been good NFL players, but it was a huge red flag for me. I'm not really surprised by this behavior. Combine being coddled since forever with being seriously mentally deficient and this is what you get.

I honestly do feel bad for the guy, because I think he is dumb as a box of rocks and clearly has real maturity issues. This is kind of the equivalent of taking away TV/video game privileges from a 10 year old for a bad report card, causing the upset kid to storm into his bedroom, slam the door behind him, and lay on his bed crying. Sad part is that, yeah, maybe the kid could put in a little more effort, but even if he does he's still going to struggle because he's just doesn't have the capacity to understand the assignments.

Maybe I'm overstating his dimness as to how it relates to his performance. I probably am. But I think it's part of the problem. Moreso that he's just a fragile, immature little bitch, but also because he's a moron. Literally.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not surprising at all. He was pointing around on Sunday every time he got beat like Roy Williams used to. Signs of a guy that doesn't feel like he is accountable and that he is entitled due to his draft status.

Fuck him. GTFO

Cotton

Staff member
Dude got a 4 on his Wonderlic. I know that a lot of people think that's meaningless for a CB and there are a lot of dumb guys who have been good NFL players, but it was a huge red flag for me. I'm not really surprised by this behavior. Combine being coddled since forever with being seriously mentally deficient and this is what you get.

I honestly do feel bad for the guy, because I think he is dumb as a box of rocks and clearly has real maturity issues. This is kind of the equivalent of taking away TV/video game privileges from a 10 year old for a bad report card, causing the upset kid to storm into his bedroom, slam the door behind him, and lay on his bed crying. Sad part is that, yeah, maybe he could put in a little more effort, but even if he does he's still going to struggle because he's just doesn't have the capacity to understand the assignments.

Maybe I'm overstating his dimness as to how it relates to his performance. I probably am. But I think it's part of the problem. Moreso that he's just a fragile, immature little bitch, but also because he's a moron. Literally.
Kinda like spanking them?

:unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
To those suggesting cutting him:

There is no offset language in the contract, meaning if the Cowboys were to cut Claiborne before the fourth season, they would still be obligated to pay the rest of his guaranteed money, while the cornerback would also be able to collect additional money if he signed with another team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Brilliant, Jerry.
Not sure it is all on Jerry except for they traded up into that area in the draft where offset language could be reasonably woven into a contract.

It was a collective fuck up. From Jones listening to Fat Rob and anyone else responsible for labeling him the "best CB prospect since Deion".

They could not have been more wrong, on every possible level. From physically to mentally.

Cotton

Staff member
Not sure it is all on Jerry except for they traded up into that area in the draft where offset language could be reasonably woven into a contract.

It was a collective fuck up. From Jones listening to Fat Rob and anyone else responsible for labeling him the "best CB prospect since Deion".

They could not have been more wrong, on every possible level. From physically to mentally.
Jerry.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Greg Ellis and Roy Williams were two of the whiniest bitches this team has ever seen, and not even they did this when they were both demoted.

That should tell you all you need to know about Claiborne.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Now if this defense had a fucking leader, he'd really get put in his place.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Greg Ellis and Roy Williams were two of the whiniest bitches this team has ever seen, and not even they did this when they were both demoted.

That should tell you all you need to know about Claiborne.
It is worse because of the position he plays.

If he can't take a demotion to what basically means playing a few less plays, what hope does he have to survive as a starting CB in this league? Zero.

Top Bottom