Ignorant Anti-Hunters Freak Out Over Woman Who Legally Killed a Lion

junk

Not So New Member
There's a significant difference. But hey, don't let technology get in the way. And considering no animal uses any weapons when it hunts other than its own physical ability, why shift the degree of advantage? That's all I'm asking. Regardless of the excuses that hunters use to justify the use of guns in a hunt, there aren't any. Use a bow and arrow.

That's the problem with hunters. They've convinced themselves that anything they do is in the right and have no solution for anyone who challenges them. I never said that hunting should be banned. I said that it's a necessary evil, but hunters should be relegated to less advantageous means of hunting. This way, if they miss, the animal has a reasonable opportunity to either escape or defend itself. In my opinion, if we have the right to hunt and kill the animal, then it's equally acceptable for the animal to hunt and kill the person.
:lol

These types of comments always make me laugh. Obviously made by someone who has never hunted or been around hunting in their entire life.

Plan9Misfit said:
"In my opinion, if we have the right to hunt and kill the animal, then it's equally acceptable for the animal to hunt and kill the person"
WTF does that even mean? Do you realize that animals do hunt and kill people if you wander into their territory? Bears, mountain lions, etc. could/would do that.

One of the last things I'd want to run into in the wild is a moose. Even a deer can do some damage if they wanted to.

junk

Not So New Member
Am I? No. That's one of the reasons why I feel that hunting is a necessary evil. However, we don't hunt our food anymore. We farm it, raise it, and slaughter it. That's a slight difference than hunting big game. We don't eat that kind of meat. I have yet to enter a restaurant which advertises its faire as "freshly hunted <insert animal> meat".
You don't be large portions of the country still do. I know many families that fill their freezer from hunting and use that as their main source of food.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Am I? No. That's one of the reasons why I feel that hunting is a necessary evil. However, we don't hunt our food anymore. We farm it, raise it, and slaughter it. That's a slight difference than hunting big game. We don't eat that kind of meat. I have yet to enter a restaurant which advertises its faire as "freshly hunted <insert animal> meat".
So raised in crowded pens for the sole purpose of being herded onto a crowded truck and having a bolt shot into its brains = way of the world.

Being allowed to live in wide open land with only the possibility of being shot and killed humanely = evil.

Incoherent argument is incoherent.

Kbrown

Not So New Member

These types of comments always make me laugh. Obviously made by someone who has never hunted or been around hunting in their entire life.
Srsly dude, it's just like the sniper rifle in Call of Duty.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There's a significant difference. But hey, don't let technology get in the way. And considering no animal uses any weapons when it hunts other than its own physical ability, why shift the degree of advantage? That's all I'm asking. Regardless of the excuses that hunters use to justify the use of guns in a hunt, there aren't any. Use a bow and arrow.
Because we can, and if they could they would do the same. I love the high and mighty people that think that a lion wouldn't pull out a rifle and shoot a deer if they could.

That's the problem with hunters. They've convinced themselves that anything they do is in the right and have no solution for anyone who challenges them. I never said that hunting should be banned. I said that it's a necessary evil, but hunters should be relegated to less advantageous means of hunting. This way, if they miss, the animal has a reasonable opportunity to either escape or defend itself. In my opinion, if we have the right to hunt and kill the animal, then it's equally acceptable for the animal to hunt and kill the person.
The animal has every right to do so. If it's smart enough to hunt down a man and kill him, he has won the match. Too bad we are much smarter than them.

Cotton

Staff member
You don't be large portions of the country still do. I know many families that fill their freezer from hunting and use that as their main source of food.
Yep. Tons of people around here fill their freezes with annual and bi-annual hunts.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yep. Tons of people around here fill their freezes with annual and bi-annual hunts.
Hunting is big in about every state and I have no problem with it. Exclusive Trophy stuff is another matter. As an aside, the Hunter population in this country is larger than the largest armies in the world. For that alone I support hunting.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Cotton

Staff member
Hunting is big in about every state and I have no problem with it. Exclusive Trophy stuff is another matter. As an aside, the Hunter population in this country is larger than the largest armies in the world. For that alone I support hunting.
Yep, lots of armed people out there with carefully practiced aim.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Again, if people want to hint with a bow and arrow, feel free. And I'm fine with them eating the meat. Someone should. Just don't use a gun.

If we've evolved so much to the point where we can out-think an animal, then why hunt it to begin with? Wouldn't farming them and killing them in a controlled environment prove our intellectual superiority over hunting them?

So, laughing at me for disagreeing with hunting with a gun only shows how ignorant you guys are because you feel that your opinions are superior to someone else's without having anything to qualify them. I suggest keeping a more level playing field, and you laugh. Nice job, idiots.

Cotton

Staff member
Again, if people want to hint with a bow and arrow, feel free. And I'm fine with them eating the meat. Someone should. Just don't use a gun.

If we've evolved so much to the point where we can out-think an animal, then why hunt it to begin with? Wouldn't farming them and killing them in a controlled environment prove our intellectual superiority over hunting them?

So, laughing at me for disagreeing with hunting with a gun only shows how ignorant you guys are because you feel that your opinions are superior to someone else's without having anything to qualify them. I suggest keeping a more level playing field, and you laugh. Nice job, idiots.

Love ya, Plan9, but (pardon the pun), you are way off target here.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

Love ya, Plan9, but (pardon the pun), you are way off target here.
Think of the environment where I live, Iamtdg. We don't hunt here. There is nothing to hunt and there is no point in hunting. I see no purpose for hunting in general for anything other than food (which you can buy) or for population control (which is not an issue in a metropolitan city). So if one hunts, don't make it out to be a "competitive" thing, because it isn't. Not with a gun. I don't give a shit what excuses a person uses, I'm not buying it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Think of the environment where I live, Iamtdg. We don't hunt here. There is nothing to hunt and there is no point in hunting. I see no purpose for hunting in general for anything other than food (which you can buy) or for population control (which is not an issue in a metropolitan city). So if one hunts, don't make it out to be a "competitive" thing, because it isn't. Not with a gun. I don't give a shit what excuses a person uses, I'm not buying it.
lmao I love how someone that has never done it can say how it's not "competitive" to try and get within 300 yards of a mulie in the freezing cold knowing the slightest misstep could make a sound and send them running to never be seen again

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Actually, the people in this thread have "qualified" how hunting with a gun is just as sporting as hunting with a bow and how hunting is much more humane than the way you get your meat.

You have just repeated that bow hunting is the only fair way after admitting that you know nothing about the subject, having been a city kid.

A half-assed rhetorical critique followed by calling the other side idiots doesn't make for a successful argument.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Actually, the people in this thread have "qualified" how hunting with a gun is just as sporting as hunting with a bow and how hunting is much more humane than the way you get your meat.

You have just repeated that bow hunting is the only fair way after admitting that you know nothing about the subject, having been a city kid.

A half-assed rhetorical critique followed by calling the other side idiots doesn't make for a successful argument.
Perhaps not, but neither does the "well, caging them and killing them in a farm" isn't much of a defense for your cause, either. It goes both ways.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
In my opinion, if we have the right to hunt and kill the animal, then it's equally acceptable for the animal to hunt and kill the person.
Who says they don't? Animals would attack and kill people all the time as soon as they have the chance.

It's just that we almost always win because we are a superior species.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ironically, hunting animals is probably far more humane than the alternative.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Because we can, and if they could they would do the same. I love the high and mighty people that think that a lion wouldn't pull out a rifle and shoot a deer if they could.

The animal has every right to do so. If it's smart enough to hunt down a man and kill him, he has won the match. Too bad we are much smarter than them.
Damn, timestamped.

Top Bottom