Ignorant Anti-Hunters Freak Out Over Woman Who Legally Killed a Lion

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'm not laughing because you have a different opinion. Just at the assertion that hunting is evil. Studying an animals habits, and working to get off a humane shot is not evil. If that is your definition of evil, I'd say you need to study up on the meaning of the word.

And I'd love to see the animal that could outrun an arrow. Or one that can carry a bow and fire it back at you. The sport isn't in the actual shooting of the animal. Whether by gun or bow. It's in the tracking. The studying. Trying to figure out where and why an animal will be at a certain place at a certain time. It's feeding habits. It's breeding habits. It's nature. You make it sound like these animals are staked down and people just walk up and shoot them. And that, I will laugh at.
Do that with a bow and arrow rather than with a gun and we'll talk. Because if you miss, then natural selection works in the animal's favor. Thus making it a fairer event.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Do that with a bow and arrow rather than with a gun and we'll talk. Because if you miss, then natural selection works in the animal's favor. Thus making it a fairer event.
Maybe we should tell the Lions they can't run at full speed when chasing down an antelope. Because, it's fair and stuff.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I do bow hunt. And how is it if I miss with an arrow natural selection works in their favor, but not if I miss with a bullet. I can notch another arrow, just as I can chamber another round.

Also, you still haven't said which animal it is that can outrun an arrow. That sucker must be hella-fast.

SfielDallas

Brand New Member
I find it interesting that many people who are strong anti-hunters are strong pro-choice. To a degree it seems inconsistent.

Alot of animals are also killed in the name of research.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Maybe we should tell the Lions they can't run at full speed when chasing down an antelope. Because, it's fair and stuff.
Wrong. Both predator and prey are using their own resources and physical ability to hunt or escape. A gun is not a natural physical ability.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I do bow hunt. And how is it if I miss with an arrow natural selection works in their favor, but not if I miss with a bullet. I can notch another arrow, just as I can chamber another round.

Also, you still haven't said which animal it is that can outrun an arrow. That sucker must be hella-fast.
It's easier to miss with a bow and arrow than with a gun. Or are you that bad of a shot?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's easier to miss with a bow and arrow than with a gun. Or are you that bad of a shot?
You're really struggling to say anything relevant, eh? Skipping around pretty badly and disregarding the dumb things you've said when pointed out.

Ok. Works for you, I guess.

Carl

RIP Brother
I think she is a cunt. Get something better to do with your time.

Cotton

Staff member
Wrong. Both predator and prey are using their own resources and physical ability to hunt or escape. A gun is not a natural physical ability.
We have the physical resources to build a bow and arrow just like a gun. What's the difference?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
with todays bows not really, I bowhunt but theres always something special bout the start of bullet season :happydance

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
and just for the hell of it heres another hot chick with a bow

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I haven't had the chance to hunt in years, but my bro-in-law got a buck last week. Looking forward to some delicious necessary evil sausage. :towel

And :lol at people who never hunt and think hunting with a rifle and scope is just sooooo easy.

Cotton

Staff member
I haven't had the chance to hunt in years, but my bro-in-law got a buck last week. Looking forward to some delicious necessary evil sausage. :towel

And :lol at people who never hunt and think hunting with a rifle and scope is just sooooo easy.
Especially deer hunting. You generally don't get a shot closer than 100 yards unless you are on some lease overrun with them.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
We have the physical resources to build a bow and arrow just like a gun. What's the difference?
There's a significant difference. But hey, don't let technology get in the way. And considering no animal uses any weapons when it hunts other than its own physical ability, why shift the degree of advantage? That's all I'm asking. Regardless of the excuses that hunters use to justify the use of guns in a hunt, there aren't any. Use a bow and arrow.

That's the problem with hunters. They've convinced themselves that anything they do is in the right and have no solution for anyone who challenges them. I never said that hunting should be banned. I said that it's a necessary evil, but hunters should be relegated to less advantageous means of hunting. This way, if they miss, the animal has a reasonable opportunity to either escape or defend itself. In my opinion, if we have the right to hunt and kill the animal, then it's equally acceptable for the animal to hunt and kill the person.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Also, if you miss an animal with a rifle, it is almost certainly getting away. Promise.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Are you a vegetarian?
Am I? No. That's one of the reasons why I feel that hunting is a necessary evil. However, we don't hunt our food anymore. We farm it, raise it, and slaughter it. That's a slight difference than hunting big game. We don't eat that kind of meat. I have yet to enter a restaurant which advertises its faire as "freshly hunted <insert animal> meat".

Top Bottom