Broncos at Cowboys | Week 5 Game Day Chatter Thread | 10/6/2013

Carl

RIP Brother
So you'll excuse Romo's history of throwing late INT's and consistently choking because other QB's have thrown INT's in the final 2:00?

Sorry, but I can't think of too many quality QB's who routinely choke as much as Romo has in this career.
Does he throw late interceptions more than other QB's. Or is it just that you examine the Cowboys more than any other team.

4th Quarter INT's look it up and tell me how Romo is better or worse than other QB's in terms of INT's. He has the highest 4th Q QB rating in NFL History, so his INT's that you reference should lower that, so show me.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
We'll have a good defense just as soon as we start prioritizing the DL.

So, never.

And everyone can clap like retards next time we trade up for the new Morris Claiborne and call it a good move cause he's highly rated by the draft gurus, and our defense will still suck.

That's how it works. Maybe we'll learn eventually.
I don't have a problem with the Claiborne pick because I think hes a pretty good corner that is in a bad scheme. A Claiborne every now and then is ok but every freaking draft we ignore the defensive line and put these scrubs from the practice squad on the line. Get ware some help and stop worrying how to get Romo another receiver. Draft some freaking pass Rushers its been how many years since we hit on ware?

data

Forbes #1
This team is all sorts of fail. I've accepted that we're not winning anything.

Be thankful that we're entertaining.

It's one thing to suck, it's another thing to be boring and suck, a la Jacksonville.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Does he throw late interceptions more than other QB's. Or is it just that you examine the Cowboys more than any other team.

4th Quarter INT's look it up and tell me how Romo is better or worse than other QB's in terms of INT's. He has the highest 4th Q QB rating in NFL History, so his INT's that you reference should lower that, so show me.
Tony has a history of choking late in big games and in the season. Much like the stats he put up in the first 58 minutes today, his career stats in the regular season, especially against inferior opponents, is vastly irrelevant.

Clutch time in pressure situations, Tony chokes. Last 8 years, look it up. That 1 wildcard win isn't just a coincidence.

Carl

RIP Brother
I am only now watching the NBC halftime show and this is the CRAP you have to listen to when the media talks about Tony Romo. Harrison says that the scouting report on Romo when he was with the Chargers and the Pats was the same. Harrison left the Chargers in 2003. Romo first played for the Cowboys in 2006. What sort of journalism is that? Harrison should be fired.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
This team is all sorts of fail. I've accepted that we're not winning anything.

Be thankful that we're entertaining.

It's one thing to suck, it's another thing to be boring and suck, a la Jacksonville.
As long as we're entertaining Jerry gets to sell his tickets and merchandise and we'll continue to be nothing more than mediocre but entertaining.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
As long as we're entertaining Jerry gets to sell his tickets and merchandise and we'll continue to be nothing more than mediocre but entertaining.
And relevant. Don't forget relevant.

Jerry thanks you for watching.

Carl

RIP Brother
In other news, I cant believe that Rodney Harrison is engaging me on Twitter. I just caught his big lie on half time show when he said the 03 Chargers report on Romo was spot on. Romo didn't play til 06. Nice try though.

data

Forbes #1
Tony has a history of choking late in big games and in the season. Much like the stats he put up in the first 58 minutes today, his career stats in the regular season, especially against inferior opponents, is vastly irrelevant.

Clutch time in pressure situations, Tony chokes. Last 8 years, look it up. That 1 wildcard win isn't just a coincidence.
I really root for Tony Romo, too. But, my god, why can't we capture lightning in a bottle once? Just once.

Boomer Esiason, Matt Hasselbeck, Stan Humphries, McNabb, Mark Rypien, Rich Gannon all got to a Super Bowl. Jim Everett, Mark Brunell, Philip Rivers, Bernie Kosar, Steve DeBerg, Jay Schroeder, Randall Cunningham all got to Championship Games.

Other than Warren Moon, Romo's the only QB where it just hasn't come together for one year.

Last edited:

Carl

RIP Brother
I assume if he gets enough of them he'll have to go to jail. Same thing for me.

I think maybe your objection is that, as a public figure, he should be made an example of to deter others, and that hasn't happened.
I don't have an objection, it's just odd to me that he is still get his paycheck, one of 16 by the way, while in rehab. That's all. It's not productive IMO.

Carl

RIP Brother
I really root for Tony Romo, too. But, my god, why can't we capture lightning in a bottle once? Just once.

Boomer Esiason, Matt Hasselbeck, Stan Humphries, McNabb, Mark Rypien, Rich Gannon all got to a Super Bowl. Jim Everett, Mark Brunell, Philip Rivers, Bernie Kosar, Steve DeBerg, Jay Schroeder, Randall Cunningham all got to Championship Games.

Other than Warren Moon, Romo's the only QB where it just hasn't come together for one year.
Because Jerry made a deal with the Devil 20 years ago. The only time the Browns had a good season, was when we owned their 1st round pick next year. Case closed.

Carl

RIP Brother
Rodney just told me he was being sarcastic about the 03 scouting reports. How do I quote this shit, or is it only me that cares.

data

Forbes #1
Rodney just told me he was being sarcastic about the 03 scouting reports. How do I quote this shit, or is it only me that cares.
That's bullshit.

Fabricated stories shouldn't be just blown off as sarcasm.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Who here is surprised?

Romo is our most important player, he is a roller coaster, so why is it surprising when the team is a roller coaster?

We would've been blown out by 20-30 without him today but yet he was the ultimate reason we lost, that is his legacy in a nutshell.

We can still easily win this shit division of course but what is the point?

Just strap up, turn off your mind a bit and try to laugh because fuck these jokers.

Oh, and we better spend about 4 draft picks on the DL alone next year.

Top Bottom