Cowboys at Chargers | Week 4 Game Day Chatter Thread | 09/29/2013

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
As much as I want to get rid of Garrett, I don't want to see this. That would be the same team of core players "quitting" in what? 4 years? They need to swallow their pride and play. If Garrett doesn't put them in position to win, changes will eventually be made.
I agree, I'd be surprised to see this team quit on Garrett any time soon. Part of what got Wade in trouble is his "treat them like men" mantra. That's just asking players to fall off the rails. Only a select few players self-motivate like that. It comes to roost eventually.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
This week's loss to a sub-par team plus next week's eventual butt raping may be enough to send this team into full quit mode.
This will be evident when the 1-3 Redskins come to town and RGIII goes 3-0 against us. At 2-4 this team will spiral out of control.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Last year, I saw a team putting in maximum effort and thought that with a little tweaking, they could improve this year. I didn't necessarily expect it but I was willing to wait and see what Garrett could do with one more off season. Now it looks like more of the same. He's had 3 years. Unless he does something to turn this team around and avoid another 8-8 season or worse, it's time to go in a different direction.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
As much as I want to get rid of Garrett, I don't want to see this. That would be the same team of core players "quitting" in what? 4 years? They need to swallow their pride and play. If Garrett doesn't put them in position to win, changes will eventually be made.
I don't see them laying down like they did in 2010. This team will find a way to win 7 or 8 games.

After yesterday's clunker I'm actually more confident that we'll find a way to beat the Broncos next week, as crazy as that might sound.

This team tends to play better when the fan base and media ride their ass and tell them they suck all week.

When they are patted on the back all week and told how awesome they are they suck on Sundays.

The team doesn't handle success well.

I'll call it now.

Cowboys 34
Broncos 28

Consistently inconsistent.

kidd

DCC 4Life
This will be evident when the 1-3 Redskins come to town and RGIII goes 3-0 against us. At 2-4 this team will spiral out of control.
That's my fear as well. Not that they will neccesarily quit on Garrett but if they go on a 3 game slide, it'll be hard for Garrett to bring them back.

Last edited:

kidd

DCC 4Life
I don't see them laying down like they did in 2010. This team will find a way to win 7 or 8 games.

After yesterday's clunker I'm actually more confident that we'll find a way to beat the Broncos next week, as crazy as that might sound.

This team tends to play better when the fan base and media ride their ass and tell them they suck all week.

When they are patted on the back all week and told how awesome they are they suck on Sundays.

I'll call it now.

Cowboys 34
Broncos 28

Nothing seems to surprise me anymore about this team so this is no different. I don't expect us ti win next week but I won't be stunned if we do.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No way.

I know that this has been the theory with this team for quite some time, but this stopped being the case a few years ago.

We haven't beaten a truly good team since 2009. We are going to get absolutely hammered next week and I don't see how we keep the Broncos under 40 if Rivers and Woodhead carved us up.

You know how 2010 went. 2011 saw us go 8-8, but the good teams we faced that year were the Giants and (0-2), and the Pats (L).

The 49ers did eventually make it to the NFCC that year, but we played them in week 2 when we won that game. After that, we didn't face any really good teams and the ones we did face, we lost to them. Go back to last year and you won't find a single quality win.

A few years ago, the Romo led Cowboys were pretty reliable as far as finding ways to beat some of the elite teams in the league, but those days are long gone.

Genghis Khan

I'll call it now.

Cowboys 34
Broncos 28

I wish I could believe that. But I don't think we will be even close to winning this game. I can't see this defense holding their offense under 40. We won't stop Peyton and he doesn't really turn the ball over. This will get ugly quickly. And the way our offense has been we will be lucky to get over 24.

About 45-24 is what I see.

kidd

DCC 4Life
No way.

I know that this has been the theory with this team for quite some time, but this stopped being the case a few years ago.

We haven't beaten a truly good team since 2009. We are going to get absolutely hammered next week and I don't see how we keep the Broncos under 40 if Rivers and Woodhead carved us up.

You know how 2010 went. 2011 saw us go 8-8, but the good teams we faced that year were the Giants and (0-2), and the Pats (L).

The 49ers did eventually make it to the NFCC that year, but we played them in week 2 when we won that game. After that, we didn't face any really good teams and the ones we did face, we lost to them. Go back to last year and you won't find a single quality win.

A few years ago, the Romo led Cowboys were pretty reliable as far as finding ways to beat some of the elite teams in the league, but those days are long gone.
I guess you're right unless we count the Steelers win as a big game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I guess you're right unless we count the Steelers win as a big game.
The Steelers went 8-8 and missed the playoffs.

I wouldn't consider that being a win against one of the top teams of the league and that is the point I was making.

The last time we beat one of the best teams in the league was 2009 when we beat the Saints in New Orleans. Since then, we have not beaten a single team that could be considered great or a contender.

So the idea that the Cowboys lose to teams they should but find ways to beat the great teams is no longer true. We haven't done that in almost 4 seasons now.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I don't expect us to even be in the game next week. Ware is playing hurt again.

If Rivers, Gates and a bunch of nobodies destroyed this D, wait for the Manning show with Thomas, Welker, and Decker to show the old man should be retired.

kidd

DCC 4Life
The Steelers went 8-8 and missed the playoffs.

I wouldn't consider that being a win against one of the top teams of the league and that is the point I was making.

The last time we beat one of the best teams in the league was 2009 when we beat the Saints in New Orleans. Since then, we have not beaten a single team that could be considered great or a contender.

So the idea that the Cowboys lose to teams they should but find ways to beat the great teams is no longer true. We haven't done that in almost 4 seasons now.
As I said before, I don't expect us to win but I won't be stunned if we do.

Even if we find a way to pull out a miracle and beat Denver, we will most likely follow that up with losses to the skins and eagles the folowing weeks. There is no such thing as momentum with this team. Otherwise we would have rode into SD this week and beat them riding the momentum of last week's win.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Cowboys are 2-0 at home this year (bad competition, I know) and the team will be hammered all week by the media. Plus I think they get up and are motivated to go up against an all timer in Manning.

They won't need to be motivated this week. I highly doubt they look lethargic against the Broncos.

I think they win this one and even if they lose I think it'll be a close game.

It's just a gut feeling.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
As I said before, I don't expect us to win but I won't be stunned if we do.
I'll be stunned.

Not only because of what I said before about not having beaten a great team in a long time, but also because of how both this defense and this offense look right now.

The offense isn't scoring many points or moving the ball with any consistency, and our defense is getting carved up. If not for the turnovers, it would be even worse.

If you think Claiborne has looked bad to this point, wait till next week.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'll be stunned.

Not only because of what I said before about not having beaten a great team in a long time, but also because of how both this defense and this offense look right now.

The offense isn't scoring many points or moving the ball with any consistency, and our defense is getting carved up. If not for the turnovers, it would be even worse.

If you think Claiborne has looked bad to this point, wait till next week.
All true....but like I said this team has a history of actually playing better and playing like they give a damn when they're crushed all week by the media and fans.

It's sad that it takes these guys getting all butt hurt for them to actually play hard and compete.

That's why I'm expecting a competitive game on Sunday.

Yes on paper the Broncos shuld whip the Cowboys' asses but strange things happen in the NFL.

Genghis Khan

Fucking Claiborne.

I'm ready to bench that guy. Bring back Sterling Moore and just roll with him, Scandrick and Carr for a while. Hurt or not, there has to be consequences for being that bad. And benching a pedigreed player like him should have a positive ripple effect on the rest of the team.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Any Cowboy fan who truly thinks we have a chance to beat Denver needs psychiatric evaluation.

:lol

D

Deuce

If we're going based on yesterday's play, I'm benching Carter before Claiborne.

Top Bottom