Video Game Chatter

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
:lol

The douche deserved to be shown up but I'm pretty sure corporate/HR will at least reprimand her for being a bit snarky and not kissing the customer's arse.

D

Deuce

I have no idea what started the whole thing, but she was a bitch to deal with. She deserves what she gets.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I have no idea what started the whole thing, but she was a bitch to deal with. She deserves what she gets.
The guy pre-ordered the game and forgot to bring in a picture ID to pick the game up on release day.

So he tried to just show his business card as proof of ID and she refused to hand over the game w/o proper ID.

I don't know who started the pissing contest.

She had to know she'd be fired once this video was released or once the customer reported her. Even if a customer is a grade A douche the employee has to remain professional.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Ya, her stooping to that level shouldn't happen regardless of what's said. Just keep telling him its policy and refuse to give him the game if he's wants, but being a sarcastic bitch who high fives other customers is ridiculous.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Speaking of GTA 5, it is a really good game.....definitely better than the boring GTA 4.

I don't even think that I'm halfway through with this yet, but there have been quite a few (and badly needed) fresh changes to the game. There are still your typical GTA missions that have gotten boring over the years, but for the most part they do a good job of changing things up.

I'd give this game an 8.5 out of 10 so far.

D

Deuce

EA to not produce NCAA football game in 2014
Steve Berkowitz, USA TODAY Sports 4:51 p.m. EDT September 26, 2013

Video game manufacturer Electronic Arts will not publish a version of its college football game next year and it may stop doing so permanently because of litigation concerning the use of the athletes' names and likenesses, the company announced Thursday.

The company also said it is trying to settle the lawsuits that have been filed against it by former athletes. There are three such suits pending, and earlier this week the company filed documents with the U.S. Supreme Court asking it to take up the two cases in which EA had suffered adverse rulings from separate panels of federal appeals court judges.

FIGHTING ON: NCAA says it will take cases to Supreme Court

"This is as profoundly disappointing to the people who make this game as I expect it will be for the millions who enjoy playing it each year," Cam Weber, the general manager of American football for EA Sports, wrote in statement posted on the compabny's website.

The statement went on to say:

"We have been stuck in the middle of a dispute between the NCAA and student-athletes who seek compensation for playing college football. Just like companies that broadcast college games and those that provide equipment and apparel, we follow rules that are set by the NCAA – but those rules are being challenged by some student-athletes. For our part, we are working to settle the lawsuits with the student-athletes. Meanwhile, the NCAA and a number of conferences have withdrawn their support of our game. The ongoing legal issues combined with increased questions surrounding schools and conferences have left us in a difficult position – one that challenges our ability to deliver an authentic sports experience, which is the very foundation of EA Sports games."

Former Arizona State and Nebraska football player Sam Keller is pursuing a presumptive class-action related to publicity rights against the NCAA, EA and the nation's leading collegiate trademark licensing firm, Collegiate Licensing Co. over the use of college athletes names and likenesses in video games.

EA also is a co-defendant in anti-trust case filed by a group of former and current college football and men's basketball players headed by former UCLA basketball star Ed O'Bannon. And, in separate cases, former Rutgers football Ryan Hart and former West Virginia football player Shawne Alston are suing EA.

EA filed motions seeking Supreme Court review of rulings in the Keller and Hart cases.

Lawyers representing the plaintiffs could not be reached for immediate comment.

In July, the NCAA announced it would not renew its contract with EA after next year, citing business reasons and litigation costs. However, more than 150 colleges, conferences and bowl games approved a three-year contract extension with EA. The only impact at the time was the game would no longer be called "NCAA Football" but rather "College Football," with each school or league continuing to decide whether to opt in or out through CLC.

"NCAA Football" sells about 2 million units per year, according to stock analyst Michael Pachter. The FIFA soccer video game and Madden NFL game sell 12 million and 5.5 million units, respectively, CLC spokesman Andrew Giangola told USA TODAY Sports in July.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So basically, it's not a matter of if the athletes will win the suit, but how much money they'll win.

Good for them. I hope they get those hypocritical cooks for every dime they can.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It sucks because this years version is great.

1bigfan13

Staff member
EA could still produce a college game sans the player likenesses.

There are tons of dedicated gamers out there like the guys on Operation Sports who spend countless hours editing the rosters to make the players look and play just like their real life counterpart.

D

Deuce

EA could still produce a college game sans the player likenesses.

There are tons of dedicated gamers out there like the guys on Operation Sports who spend countless hours editing the rosters to make the players look and play just like their real life counterpart.
No, they lost the licenses to specific conferences too. Can't use University names or logos either.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Next week is supposed to be the full reveal of Madden 25's gameplay on next-gen, but the early returns are not good.

In the little time that some have spent with it, they say it is identical to the current gen version which is unacceptable.

Oh well, no Madden at all for me this year. I'll be just fine with Fifa and the always excellent NBA2K - which unlike Madden, is said to be outstanding and even better than the already highly rated current gen version.

I think I'm gonna run with the Pacers on this one.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Next week is supposed to be the full reveal of Madden 25's gameplay on next-gen, but the early returns are not good.

In the little time that some have spent with it, they say it is identical to the current gen version which is unacceptable.

Oh well, no Madden at all for me this year. I'll be just fine with Fifa and the always excellent NBA2K - which unlike Madden, is said to be outstanding and even better than the already highly rated current gen version.

I think I'm gonna run with the Pacers on this one.
You should go with the Bulls, they are gonna be deep and well balanced. :art

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You should go with the Bulls, they are gonna be deep and well balanced. :art
Not a bad choice, but I need more off the dribble shooting ability and I can get from both Granger and Paul George on the Pacers.

While Boozer has been disappointment in real life, he remained a real solid post player on NBA2K until last year. I need someone who can play with their back to the basket, and that's where both David West and Hibbert come in.

They should be a real solid group to play with. :geek

D

Deuce

Why would anyone want to play with the best teams on the game? Take Boston, trade Rondo and start the rebuild.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Why would anyone want to play with the best teams on the game? Take Boston, trade Rondo and start the rebuild.
I don't need to play with the best team, but I need a team that's fun to play with.

And playing with Boston with just Rondo would be no fun whatsoever.

D

Deuce

Feh. It's too easy to win at those games if you have a good team. I'd rather have a crappy team, lose some games and build a winner.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know this isn't really the style of game of the people on this message board but I have to say Diablo 3 for the counsel has been a lot of fun to play.

dallen

Senior Tech
I know this isn't really the style of game of the people on this message board but I have to say Diablo 3 for the counsel has been a lot of fun to play.
I played the hell of Diablo 3 on PC when it first came out. Lost interest after the real money auction house started. I hear they didn't implement it on the consoles and are finally removing it from the PC version. I may grab the ps3 version to play couch co-op with my wife. We played Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance together back on Gamecube and that was one of the best times I've ever had with multiplayer

Top Bottom