Archer - Five Wonders: Cowboys CB roles

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

Ok so name all of these plays Claiborne was beat on, I saw Carr benefitting most from the bad passes.
Yep, Carr got beat a few times as well. But, so did Claiborne. How about you name all of the plays where Moore looked bad. Cause I can specifically name 3 that Claiborne looked bad on, and 2 others that he got beat and the receiver was horribly overthrown.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Go back and watch it. Your go to is always, "You show me these things you are claiming" because there is no way to reasonably respond to that except to tell you I saw it. He was beaten down the field on at least two plays I can remember because I remember even posting in the chatter thread that he got beat. I also posted the one time that Moore got beaten.
You are the one making proclamations so it should be easy to name 2, you remember Moore getting beat so it should not be an issue.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You are the one making proclamations so it should be easy to name 2, you remember Moore getting beat so it should not be an issue.
I don't remember the receiver involved, but he got beaten at least twice deep on seam routes. As I recall they were fairly close together in the game, as well. Both were overthrown. Of course, this doesn't include the dropped INT and the horrific attempt at a tackle.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
The Claiborne hate runs deep. I understand we traded up high in the first round to get him and he's been hurt a lot. He's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be. The worst was after the missed tackle Sunday where some people were calling to cut him. Just crazy talk.

And the funny thing is he made a decent play coming off his man to try to make a play, completely whiffs on the tackle and takes all the heat. What about the guy whose man that was? What about the guy who was covering Walker? What about the guys the TE ran away from? Nope it was all Morris' fault. Cut him!

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yep, Carr got beat a few times as well. But, so did Claiborne. How about you name all of the plays where Moore looked bad. Cause I can specifically name 3 that Claiborne did, and 2 others that he got beat and the receiver was horribly overthrown.
I never said Moore looked bad I said they played about the same.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do know Claiborne was the least targeted guy, so it should be easy to point out all these horrible plays. The only time i remember his name being mentioned in the gameday was on a drag across the middle when it was zone and on the Walker TD.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't remember the receiver involved, but he got beaten at least twice deep on seam routes. As I recall they were fairly close together in the game, as well. Both were overthrown. Of course, this doesn't include the dropped INT and the horrific attempt at a tackle.
I don't even remember a seam route being thrown deep in this game I know you are making shit up now.

And you calling that a drop really shows how off base you are.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Claiborne hate runs deep. I understand we traded up high in the first round to get him and he's been hurt a lot. He's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be
He's also no better than what we could have got from some dork in the 5th round or something.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't even remember a seam route being thrown deep in this game I know you are making shit up now.

And you calling that a drop really shows how off base you are.
Keep on apologizing for a guy who has the ball skills of Stevie Wonder.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Apologizing?

So saying anything approaching positive about Claiborne is apologizing, yeah the hate has gone way overboard.
Yep, and the "hate" is about like it was for Carpenter. And at the end of it all, it was justified.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, and the "hate" is about like it was for Carpenter. And at the end of it all, it was justified.
:lol

Claiborne and Carpenter aren't similar in any way. Carpenter was a complete waste of space on the football field. Claiborne isn't even in that vicinity.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I get it so from this point on nobody can say anything about Claiborne unless its negative.

Right?
When you take what at best can be considered average and spin it as a positive, what is the point other than being apologetic?

McClain had a "good game". Sterling Moore had a "good game". And if Claiborne play was even close to that level, he would be getting the kudos that you apparently feel he deserves. If he played at the level those two did, we wouldn't be discussing this right now.

I guess it is just too tough for you to use some proper perspective when you are talking about a player who has never justified his draft status, what it required to get him or even his first round contract.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You just havent accepted it yet.
It's amazing how many people can't.

How anyone can have watched this guy play over the last 3 seasons and say he's anything more than a bad player is beyond me.

Top Bottom