» Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame
» Trai Turner, OG, LSU
» George Uko, DL, USC
» Pierre Warren, FS, Jacksonville State
» Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
» Terrance West, RB, Towson
» James Wilder Jr., RB, Florida State
» David Yankey, OL, Stanford

South Carolina junior DT Kelcy Quarles will enter the 2014 NFL Draft, according to his father.

"Quarles' departure is a mutual decision between the player and coaching staff, Buddy Quarles said," beat writer Josh Kendall writes. "Head coach Steve Spurrier had an idea that Quarles was considering turning pro and told the Hodges, S.C., native to walk with the team’s seniors during pregame ceremonies on Senior Day before the Nov. 30 game against Clemson." Quarles has drawn a lot of buzz lately, specifically from draft insider Tony Pauline, but we don't quite see the top-75 projection just yet.
Could be a guy we look at, 6-4, 290 DT with 11 TFL and 7 sacks on the year so far.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
UNC junior TE Eric Ebron announced his intent to enter the 2014 NFL Draft.

Head coach Larry Fedora said Ebron will participate in the team's senior activities. "I couldn't ask for anything more for a season... couldn't imagine a better way to end career than to beat Duke and get the Victory Bell back," Ebron said. The athletic tight end could be the first prospect at the position off the board in May. He's got solid movement skills, displays alignment versatility, and has improved his consistency at the catch point.
Our 2014 2nd?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Florida cornerback Loucheiz Purifoy to enter NFL draft

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 30, 2013, 3:29 PM EST

Florida’s Loucheiz Purifoy, one of the top cornerbacks in college football, is ready to turn pro.

Purifoy told Joe Schad of ESPN that he will enter the NFL draft and leave behind his final year of NCAA eligibility.

A starter for the last two years for the Gators, Purifoy is an outstanding athlete who has also played a little wide receiver at Florida and has been a very good player on special teams as a returner, on kick coverage and in blocking kicks. He has the talent to be a first-round draft pick.

In the final game of his college career today, a loss to Florida State, Purifoy had an interception and returned two kickoffs for 45 yards.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

D

Deuce

@McMurphyESPN: Tennessee OT Antonio Richardson will not return to UT, declares early for NFL Draft

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Notre Dame junior NT Louis Nix III has signed with an agent and will declare for the draft, according to Liz Mullen.

Nix signed with 5 Star Athlete Management agents Todd France and Brian Ayrault. The junior will not play in the school's bowl game due to season ending Mencius surgery, an injury he played on for a good portion of the season. His play was down a bit in 2013, and that can partially be attributed to tendinitis, but we still remember the Vince Wilfork-like flashes from 2012. He shines as a one or zero technique.

Source: Liz Mullen on Twitter

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
UConn redshirt junior LB Yawin Smallwood will declare for the NFL draft.

Smallwood is one of the few talented players on UConn's defense and projects as an inside linebacker in the NFL. The position might be somewhat week in this year's class, and we see Smallwood as a likely second day selection. He registered two sacks against Marshall on Saturday.
From twitter or something.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Former Notre Dame and USF redshirt sophomore DE Aaron Lynch has signed with an agent and will declare for the draft, according to Neil Stratton.

Lynch was a powerhouse pass rusher who combined strength, length, and athleticism in his one season with the Irish. After sitting out a season due to transfer rules, Lynch looked like a fairly different player for the Bulls both physically and stylistically. Still, he is a very intriguing prospect and still has a chance to be in the top-40.
Someone for us to keep an eye on.

D

Deuce

Someone for us to keep an eye on.
Not for me. He was a complete bust for USF. Played with very little discipline as he racked up tons of personal fouls and offsides penalities, probably because of the frustration from losing so much and not living up to the hype personally.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not for me. He was a complete bust for USF. Played with very little discipline as he racked up tons of personal fouls and offsides penalities, probably because of the frustration from losing so much and not living up to the hype personally.
With his size and frame I'd give him a look with a mid to late rounder though, definitely not in the first 3 rounds.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college-football/story/_/id/10188011/dion-bailey-usc-trojans-forgo-final-year-eligibility-enter-nfl-draft

USC junior safety Dion Bailey announced Monday that he'll forgo his final year of eligibility and enter the 2014 NFL draft.

"My time spent here at the University of Southern California has been a blast. I wouldn't take back or trade anything that's happened throughout these past four years that I've been here," Bailey said. "Making the decision to attend this university and play football here has really changed me as a man and helped me grow for the better."

Bailey said he made the decision after talking with his parents and consulting with others after USC's 45-20 victory over Fresno State in the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl on Saturday. He had 61 tackles and a team-best five interceptions as the Trojans' starting nickleback this season.

The highly touted safety prospect from Lakewood, Calif., was moved to strongside linebacker in 2010 and established himself as one of the team's most dependable defensive playmakers for two seasons. After having shoulder surgery, he moved back to safety at the start of this season.

Bailey, who has already earned an undergraduate degree in policy, planning and development, leaves USC having amassed 222 tackles and 11 interceptions.

"The main reason behind ultimately making this decision is that me and my parents feel like I've done a lot in my career here at SC, making all-conference at two different positions, being pretty productive," Bailey said. "I just feel that there isn't much more I can do to improve my individual performance numbers-wise."

Scouts Inc. ranks Bailey as the No. 165 overall player for the 2014 draft.

Bailey, who met with new USC coach Steve Sarkisian, said NFL success by former USC teammates Robert Woods and Nickell Robey had an impact on his decision.

"It definitely gives me the courage and the confidence in myself that I can be successful at the next level," Bailey said.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Utah junior TE Jake Murphy has declared for the NFL draft.

Age likely factored in to Murphy decision, as he turned 24 in September. He caught 25 passes for 417 yards and five touchdowns in a shortened season. Murphy played in only eight games because of a wrist injury. Non-seniors will make up a good portion of the tight end talent in this draft.
-------------------

Boise State redshirt junior DE Demarcus Lawrence has declared for the NFL draft.

Lawrence absolutely looks like an NFL prospect, boasting great length and flashes of excellent athleticism. We would like to see him produce positive plays on a more consistent basis, meaning using his length to keep his opposition off balance or disrupt the offense's side of the line of scrimmage, but he is definitely intriguing. Teams will have questions regarding his suspension prior to last year's bowl game.

Source: Joe Schad on Twitter
-------------------------

Wyoming junior QB Brett Smith declared for the 2014 NFL Draft.

The Wyoming football program is undergoing a bit of change with the firing of Dave Christensen, now Utah's offensive coordinator, and the hiring of North Dakota State's Craig Bohl. Smith is a very intriguing talent, utilizing a combination of mobility and quick release. It might sound crazy now, but we wouldn't be surprised if some teams rank Smith over Johnny Manziel.

Source: Wyoming Sports
--------------------------------

Cal junior TE Richard Rodgers has declared for the 2014 NFL Draft.

The Contra Costa Times reported that Rodgers signed with an agent, meaning his college eligibility is over. The 6-foot-4, 245-pound junior ranked third on the Bears in receptions (39) and receiving yards (608). Rodgers' blend of athleticism and receiving skills should get him slotted into the draft's second tier of tight ends behind Eric Ebron (North Carolina), Austin Seferian-Jenkins (Washington) and Jace Amaro (Texas Tech). Cal teammate CB Kameron Jackson declared for the draft on Christmas Eve. Rodgers' dad, Richard Rodgers Sr., was part of The Play in the 1982 Big Game.

Source: Contra Costa Times
---------------------------

USC junior center Marcus Martin declared for the 2014 NFL Draft.

He announced the news on Twitter. Martin started 33 games for the Trojans, though he didn't shift to center (from guard) until this season. The All-Pac 12 First Teamer (6-foot-3, 310 pounds) will be amongst the top three centers taken in May's draft, but it's exceedingly difficult to project in which round he'll come off the board. Wisconsin's Travis Frederick was the only center taken in the first three rounds in 2013.

Source: Marcus Martin on Twitter
-----------------------------------

Fresno State redshirt sophomore WR Davante Adams will declare for the NFL draft.

A strong receiver class just got stronger. Adams does nice work in the slot and impresses with his footwork after the catch. He can elevate and snatch the ball at its highest point, an important trait for an NFL receiver to possess. Adams benefited from working with quarterback Derek Carr in college, and both will be playing on Sundays next season. Adams leads the nation in receptions (131), receiving yards (1,718) and receiving touchdowns (24). He received a third-round grade from the NFL draft advisory board, but could work his way into the draft's second day.

Source: CBS Sports
------------------------------

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Update my post.

UPDATED: All new curtains and shag carpet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Updated.

:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bishop Sankey - Huskies.

Top Bottom